“Exceptional customer service”

Mercure Liverpool Atlantic Tower Hotel
Ranked #44 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
“Exceptional customer service”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We had to book the hotel last minute due to an unplanned business trip. The receptionist went out of the way to assist me with the booking and within a few minutes the hotel was booked and paid for so that all my colleague had to do was check in. On his arrival his mobile phone had died and after mentioning this in passing to the receptionist, she went out of her way to find a charger so that the phone could be used. It is very rare to get this high level of customer service and I would definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank hjones1
ABR1, General Manager at Mercure Liverpool Atlantic Tower Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear hjones1,

Thank you for your kind comments which are much appreciated.
I am so pleased the front desk team responded appropriately and proactively to your colleagues needs, and really appreciate you taking the time to post your comments online.
Thanks again and hope to see you back in Liverpool soon.
Best regards,

Alistair Risk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (598)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Stockport
Reviewed September 22, 2013

It has taken me a while to get round to writing this, but I can't commend the staff at Atlantic Tower highly enough for their help with a recent 60th birthday weekend for my Mum. Getting the whole family together on the same weekend was a logistical nightmare and, our original plans were then disrupted by the unexpected snow in March. The reservations staff were superb in helping us to re-arrange our weekend - they went over and above the call of duty. Plus, everyone we met at the hotel during our stay were friendly and efficient. This hotel is in a great location and it was good value for money. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river have a great view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ABR1, General Manager at Mercure Liverpool Atlantic Tower Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear mamucium,
Thank you for your very kind comments! Really much appreciated and so pleased you had such a good experience.
We are blessed with a great location and our team are very much focused on a friendly welcome, so its great that you highlighted this part of your visit.
Hope to see you back in Liverpool again soon.

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed here for one night when visiting Liverpool for match day at Anfield.

I got a good deal for a room with a view. Upon arriving we had to wait a little while but the manager made the effort to come and chat to everyone in the queue which I thought was nice.

We were given a free breakfast, which I thought was just brilliant as we had got a pretty good deal on a upgrade when we had booked.

The room was perfect it had a beautiful view. The bed was huge and very comfortable. It had all the normal facilities and a few extras.
It was very clean and modern.

We ordered room service which was quick and the food was lovely.

Location is perfect especially if visiting Anfield it cost £6 to get up to the football ground which surprised us.
Shops and waterfront are really nearby, we actually had a good view of the water from our room.

Would definitely visit again, looking forward to it.

Room Tip: Upgrade to room with view if you can it's worth it.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ABR1, General Manager at Mercure Liverpool Atlantic Tower Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Hope D,

Thank You! Great to get back on track after a couple of negative reviews!
I am so pleased you had such a good stay and enjoyed your visit to Liverpool. I'm guessing by Liverpool’s start to the season you also got the result you wanted!
Check in at the weekends can be very busy, so we do try to man the front of the reception desk and engage with our guests, as well as behind the desk going through the procedural element. I’m pleased you felt it made a difference.
Thanks again for your feedback and hope to see you back in Liverpool soon.
Best regards,

Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Dreadful - avoid like the plague. We paid extra to book executive room with view. Given room with view of car park. Eventually moved to a room with view of river. Plug and bedside light not functioning. Bar appeared to be a crèche for staff. We were evidently allocated a room above function suite although no prior warning. Room cost over £200. Disco underneath went on until approx. 3.00 a.m. despite complaints. Left hotel in morning utterly shattered. No apology. No reimbursement.DO NOT STAY HERE

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tim B
Dear Tim B,

Thank you for your feedback, and my sincere apologies for your far from satisfactory experience.
I am so sorry that you were disturbed by the event last Saturday. My team were briefed to allocate rooms close to the function to those who were attending. I understand there was a room move arranged when you gave your complaints, which i hope helped in some small way. The team are very much empowered in circumstances like this to make appropriate gestures to ensure the guest feels their complaint has been taken seriously.
I would be grateful if you could contact me directly at the hotel to discuss the matter further
Thanks again for your comments, and with best regards,

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We were expecting something reasonable , this being a part of the Thistle group. (Marble Arch was good)

Tiny room, miniature bathroom, no room to iron and the iron is almost ineffective. Dirty inside walls, filthy windows. Very slow and small lifts.

This is a tired hotel in need of demolition or an extreme makeover!

Very hard to open the door with the key card. (May be the operator !) lots of traffic noise in our room, which faces the river but has a busy road right in front of it.

No room for our 2 large pieces of luggage, had to stuff our small bags under the desk. Why put 2 chairs in such a small room ? When I asked which paper to order, (I am a foreigner) the lady I called could not recommend one.

The one positive was that the check in was quick!

Do not stay here, there must be better venues in Liverpool......this hotel is terrible, to be avoided at all costs!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else !! Thats our best tip for anyone seeking to stay in Liverpool. We will certainly...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank MaxD859
Dear MaxD859

Thanks for your feedback, and sorry to hear you did do enjoy your stay.
We do have a number of room types available of different sizes, and a small surcharge for an executive room is well worth it to give that extra space.
We have enjoyed considerable investment in the hotel recently, with a full refurbishment to our restaurant and bar, as well as covering all 10 bedroom floors with either an in house painting and decorating programme or full refurbishment within the last 12 months, so I was a little concerned by your perspective. However, I cannot identify you from your post to investigate further which room you stayed in.
Rest assured your feedback in very valuable to us.

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Arrived late in the evening, and found the reception staff very friendly and helpfull. The room was very clean and quite spacious with a spotless bathroom which had all the nessecary toiletries. By the time I had settled in the restaruant was closed, but the bar menu had an excellent choice, and the food matched good portions and well presented. Again the staff were excellent. At breakfast there was again a good choice and the staff again were helpfull and friendly. Would recommend this hotel and it was just across the road from the Liver Buildings super location in the city center.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear ChiefEng100,
Thank you for your very kind review, which is really much appreciated.
I am so pleased that you had such a good stay and hope to see you back in Liverpool soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have just arrived at 11pm after a 4 hour journey. This is maybe my 4th stay this year as a customer books for me. The requirements are specific and we always ask and pay for a suite from a specific time to a specific time. The hotel has failed to get this right every single time I have stayed. Tonight at least they looked uncomfy. Every other time they have taken the opportunity to use their mistake as a reason to charge more. A hotel that can not manage its own bookings system. Yet again a make shift arrangement has been cobbled together with no real sense that actually a hotel that can't manage bookings and get them right has a fundamental problem. So I would say I would book this hotel if I was able to turn up early and gain the benefit of upgrades so liberally referenced in the reviews. If, like me, you expect a hotel like this to be able to meet basic business requirements I would beat a hasty retreat and find one that has a booking system, a memory, a good customer service attitude and is able to make a sincere apology without charging the customer for it. Did I say dreadful, I mean absolutely useless.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Judbur
Dear Judbur,

Thanks for your feedback.
Clearly on arrival you were somewhat frustrated, and I apologise for any contribution we had to this at the hotel.
I have investigated your comments fully and understand that previous bookings were made for an executive room rather than a suite, and that our team then arranged room moves and the difference in payment terms were resolved via the company that booked the space.
I do accept that for this booking we had inadvertently overbooked on room types which led to the problem on this particular visit. The makeshift arrangement you mention was a move to a Suite on the second night of your stay, plus the complimentary use of a meeting room on the first day with complimentary refreshments provided. This error on our part was most unusual and I do appreciate your frustrations in light of the history of bookings made by another party.
I do hope that you found the remainder of your stay with us to be more acceptable and that you found the team to be flexible in meeting your needs.
Many thanks for taking time to post your review, and I hope that we have now managed to turn your view around.