“The Bells”

Mercure Liverpool Atlantic Tower Hotel
Ranked #42 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Atlantic Tower Hotel Liverpool
This Is a great location but the hotel is in need of an upgrade overall. Very dated and no double glazing. Not that double glazing would have helped when the bell ringers in the church next door started to practice on the Friday afternoon. This went on for a very long time and drove us to leave the area for some peace and quiet. As bad as this was the fact that it started up at 8.30 am on the Sunday morning and continued for 50 minutes is unforgivable. For this reason alone, we shall not be returning to this hotel or any hotel in this area of Liverpool. A shame as it is a lovely part of the city.
We only had breakfast in the hotel and it was very good but very busy on the Sunday as everyone was up very early. Guess why.See more

22Like · · Promote · Share

Room Tip: Get a room on the side of the hotel furthest away from the church or away from the area. Shame as it...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank spider100
ABR1, General Manager at Mercure Liverpool Atlantic Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear spider100,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review.
I am very sorry that you were disturbed by the Church Bells, and offer my apologies.
Unfortunately we are unable to influence the timing of the sounding of the Bells, though we have tried to many times.
We are, however, testing some rooms with new triple glazed windows to see the impact, measuring sound before and after the change. Hopefully this will make a big difference, but is a sizeable investment if we are to cover the whole hotel.
I am sorry if this one point had such a major impact on your experience. If you do return, do contact me personally and i will endeavour to allocate you a room which has had the triple glazing finished.
Thanks again for your comments.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Liverpool Atlantic Tower Hotel

Reviewed April 28, 2013

stayed there for one night, nice clean hotel very handy for everything. Before we booked we were told breakfast would be £10 so decided not to book it but them changed our minds this morning....and it was only £8! very nice it was too!

Room Tip: Room 1122 very quiet and has a great view of the Mersey
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
ABR1, General Manager at Mercure Liverpool Atlantic Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear tallybelle,
Many thanks for your review, and pleased that you had a good stay!
We have been "testing" our breakfast pricing structure to see what impact it has on demand, hence the variation on pricing during your stay. Pre booked breakfast is £10.00 at present, with the full price being £14.95, but the trial is supposed to encourage Non inclusive guests to have breakfast if the book on arrival!
Looks like I need to have a look at the procedure to make sure the team are only offering this deal on arrival!
Thanks again for your feedback and hope to see you back in Liverpool soon,

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I went on a business trip to Liverpool and stayed at the hotel for 5 days. On my first day on Sunday 21st April, I got there at exactly 1345 hrs and the female reception staff was extremely rude when I went to her at the desk, without looking at me, she says " Just wait" in a condescending and rude way. This is not good customer service, she may well have been in a bad mood or catch her at a bad time, but this does not excuse her behaviour. Then, the other lady at the reception informed me that the room will be ready in about 1 hour, but that I could leave my luggage downstairs.
As I was leaving, I asked the "rude" staff (as the other staff was busy talking to other guests) where the toilets were....she again replied in a very rude and aggressive manner, raising her eye brows.."you what??!!!" as if I was speaking in a foreign language to her, but then when she gave me the direction, she said it as if she was talking to a dog, ( I do not even talk to my dog like that). That was not a nice experience on your first day of checking in a 4 star hotel.
having said that, all the staff at the hotel were very attentive, nice, polite, considerate and helpful. Room was very clean all the times. Coffee and teas including kettle, hair dryer were all hidden in drawers, but was not a problem.
I have to say that when I checked out on Friday 26th April at 1100 hrs, the "rude" staff was quite polite when I checked out....Maybe somebody told her of her behaviour, as I have informed one reception staff about this "rude" staff behaviour with customers.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Globertrotter007,

Thank you for your very reasonable review and rating. I think you have been very generous considering the issue you encountered on the front desk.
I will of course investigate this matter urgently and take the necessary follow up. We are well known for our Friendly and helpful staff, and it is a shame if one individual spoiled our usually positive impression.
I am pleased that overall it would seem that the rest of the team rescued the situation, and appreciate the fact that your review was balanced and gave credit where credit is due. Others may not have been so reasonable.
Thanks again for taking the time to post your review and hope that you will return to the hotel in future and receive our usual warm and friendly welcome.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Absolutely amazing hotel, real luxury. Excellent location with amazing views over the docks. The staff were all really friendly and the breakfast was 5*.

would highly recommend for a couples getaway to Liverpool.

Luckily when we went the sun was shining, short walk to Liverpool one and Albert dock.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Owen b,
Many thanks for your kind review, which is very well received.
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be friendly and breakfast excellent!
Thanks for spreading the word online!
Hope to see you back again soon,

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I visited here for my birthday with my husband and two kids. We had purchased a Wowcher deal and maybe wouldn't have come here unless without the deal.
The staff were very accommodating and the food was excellent and worth the money. My kids' meals were great too. My son decided he didn't like strawberry sauce on his dessert and they happily changed it for him.

I had a fantastic day and would definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear campbellina,

Thanks for your review, and I am so glad you decided to give us a try!
Our Restaurant has recently been returned to us after a substantial refurbishment, and we are particularly pleased with the results.

Many thanks again for your kind comments, and hope to see you back soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed for 1 night on business, good room with 2 comfy single beds. Fab view and very good central location. Staff were friendly, rooms clean although my sink in bathroom was a bit shabby n enamel was chipped! Breakfast lovely, good choice and nice relaxing bar area at Vue bar on 1st floor. Overall comfortable stay

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Louise K,

Thanks for your review. I am pleased you had a good stay and in particular enjoyed the breakfast.
I note your comments regarding the sink. I am in the process of addressing the sink issues, which had been repaired but are now being replaced. Apologies for any inconvenience!
Hope to see you back at the Atlantic Tower next time you are in town.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

A fine hotel, near The Pear Head. Good service and a fine restaurant.
The room a little cold and with a draft ... But possible to heat up.
All in all a fine stay for a trip with the family; very central in the mittle of lots of fun in downtown Liverpool ...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mikkel50,

Thanks for your review, which is short and sweet but very much appreciated.
Glad that you and your family had a good stay, and hope to see you back again soon,