Firstly, my review (paticurlarly on price) is based on the fact and so view from that i paid just £47.50 for a one night stay (Friday night) as i got a deal through booking.com
Bargain! for £47.50 i got a double, or should i say king size, bed on the 10th floor with views out overlooking the docks and facing the city centre...
Money well spent and i would have happily spent upto £80-90 for the same room etc.
In the room i got a modern(ish) bathroom, plasma and drink subsistence with available room service.
Admittedly, my stay was a "dump your bags and get back out in the city" type stay and so i never fully explored the hotel.
However, as well as the mentioned room service, there was a bar next to reception and a restaraunt on the 1st floor should you wish to use them!
The hotel itself has a "corporate" feel to it which is probably their target market.
The staff were great, i actually booked in haste as the £47.50 price seemed unbeatable... but what i didn't realise until i got there was that i had booked a twin room (wanted a double), the lady just laughed it off and swiftly upgraded me at no cost - try your luck and save some £££'s! ;)
Also, the next day after check out, i wanted to leave my bags, they were happy to hold on to them and even offered this service with a £100 liability
Spot on! literally 5 mins stroll out of the hotel down to Liverpool 1/Concert Square (bars) or 10mins to Lime street.
I chose this hotel as i was visiting a friend in uni (john moores) and it cost me £4 ina taxi from there! happy days!
Also close to the station is a costs, a tram link and plenty of shops - not forgetting the docks as mentioned above
One downside of the location is the main road which is quite busy... it is also quite noisy!
Would i return?
Yes and probably will!... not for a romantice stay or anything fancy but for an overnight/weekend in the city i would definitely reccommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the banks of the River Mersey, The Mercure Atlantic Tower Hotel, is the ideal place to discover the great city of Liverpool. Overlooking the Royal Liver Building and the Dock Front - a UNESCO World Heritage Site - The Atlantic Tower Hotel is a welcoming, contemporary hotel in the heart of Liverpool, within walking distance to the Beatles Story museum, Tate Liverpool and many other attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, ACCOR, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Liverpool Atlantic Tower Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Tower, Liverpool Hotel Liverpool
- Atlantic Hotel By Thistle Liverpool
- Thistle Hotel Liverpool
- Thistle Liverpool