Myself and husband spend one night at the Atlantic Tower Hotel in Chapel Street Liverpool for my birthday in February 2012. It was a very pleasant break. A very appealing hotel and nice feel to it when you walked in. We arrived at about 5 p.m. on a Friday. There was no queue and we were attended to immediately and very pleasantly, by a young lady who we understood perfectly. (Sometimes overseas accents can be hard to understand). The room was ready and very nice. I had used the winter offer and upgraded to the executive suite which cost me £85. Although very pleasant with a view of the Mersey I'm glad I hadn't paid the full price. It was all very clean, though both, large mirrors needed dusting. The bathroom was cramped and the door needed to be closed in order to get past it and to the toilet. There was plenty of storage, a TV and tea and coffee making facilities, though we didn't find them until we were leaving the next morning and then there were no cups. We bought coffee from the Vue bar at about 1.30 on the Saturday morning after a very good evening out, around Liverpool. The bar was relaxed and the coffee cost about £6 for a large pot which gave 2 large mugs of lovely coffee. We'd had a good night in a bar called Eric's on Matthew St. The band, called Xander and the Peace Pirates are usually found in the Cavern Club apparently. They are excellent, though there can be some dodgy language. A very nice birthday and I'd be happy to stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the banks of the River Mersey, The Mercure Atlantic Tower Hotel, is the ideal place to discover the great city of Liverpool. Overlooking the Royal Liver Building and the Dock Front - a UNESCO World Heritage Site - The Atlantic Tower Hotel is a welcoming, contemporary hotel in the heart of Liverpool, within walking distance to the Beatles Story museum, Tate Liverpool and many other attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Mercure Liverpool Atlantic Tower Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Tower, Liverpool Hotel Liverpool
- Atlantic Hotel By Thistle Liverpool
- Thistle Hotel Liverpool
- Thistle Liverpool