“Nice stay at the Atlantic Tower.”

Mercure Liverpool Atlantic Tower Hotel
Ranked #42 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed April 22, 2011

We stayed here for the Grand National weekend, and we booked very last minute so we could only get this hotel available. Read some reviews so a bit worried, but we were pleasantly surprised. Our room was very nice. The staff at the hotel were excellent, and the breakfast was good too. The location of the hotel is very central. All in all a great stay.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (2,335)

Reviewed April 22, 2011

Stayed two nights in this well located hotel by the dockland area.... Check in was smooth and reception staff friendly and helpfull.. Parked the car for £6.00 for the day and was just located at the rear of the hotel.... Easy!..
The room was adequate with safe/tea and coffee/iron and board/seperate hairdryer and lots of cupboard space. The view was over the dockland and was fantastic....
Great breakfast with smiling helpfull staff and well cooked food......
Checkout was organised and painless...... A good all round stay in the vibrant city....

Room Tip: Well located and friendly staff
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 22, 2011

For second time have booked here for a Saturday night, because it's cheap, and regretted it. It's stag and hen heaven. Gangs of drunken youngsters. Reception staff are hardened by this, and struggle to provide the right quality of service. Room I was allocated seemed to have had people in before, not dirty but it just didn't seem right (crumpled bed linen was a bit of a clue). Phone didn't work when I tried to call reception. Room tiny, as many are in this 1970s hotel. Reception thought there was nothing wrong with the phone not working.

Noisy young neighbours. Reception denied having any other rooms to move me to until I offered to pay, then an upgrade was available. Shocking but true.

Forget this hotel at the weekend unless you will be so smashed that you will sleep through the noise. It's a shame, during week it's been a decent hotel, but I think it's in a spiral now due to its client base.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 16, 2011

The reception staff was quite rude and when I haned out my reservation to the girl at the counter as she "coudn't" understand my surname, she picked op other documents there and start reading them.

The bedlinen was dirty, smelled like sweat and had stains, I complained at least two times and they were so rude telling me that this was impossible and finally after leaving the building for a fire alarm (no apologies at all) my bedlinen were changed (without apologies)

The breakfast was decent but you can see the dirty room in front of the lifts were the cereals are stored and the british girl at the counter was extremelly rude when I pointed that the bed was dirty and while I was telling me she was ignoring me.

I won't come back

Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
tthistle, Owner at Mercure Liverpool Atlantic Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2011

Thank you for your feedback, we are most concerned to read these comments and disappointed that your stay was uncomfortable. We will take on board your comments and ensure that the reception and House Keeping teams are made aware of their short fall of service standards on this occasion. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that was caused.

Reviewed March 9, 2011

Stayed here last weekend just for 1 Night. Lovely entrance and reception area, greeted by a very very friendly man on reception who completed a very smooth and quick check in. I left my scarf at reception and really appreciated that we were only in the room for 2mins before we received a phonecall to advise id left it behind and they would keep it behind reception. We had a room on the 11th floor which I am assuming hadn't been refurbished yet, saying that room was a very good size with everything we needed, quite a small bed by hotel standards but lovely modern bathroom and fab views over the Mersey and room was very clean.
Breakfast next morning was exceptional, Room is located on the 1st floor again with lovely views and fantastic selection and really enjoyed it. The staff in the breakfast room were fantastic unlike other hotels where there is a long wait for the toaster the waitresses did this for us as well as our tea and coffee.
Brilliant location to city centre, Albert docks, bus station and Liverpool One.
In short I would recommend this hotel to friends and would definately stay again. I am a travel agent and would also recommend this hotel to customers.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
tthistle, Owner at Mercure Liverpool Atlantic Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2011

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding the Atlantic Tower by Thistle Liverpool. we are delighted to read your comments and was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. we will be sure to share your positive comments with the rest of the team.

Reviewed March 8, 2011

Stayed 1 night (Sunday night), the room we had was a "corner" room, it was huge! Good sized bathroom and clean. Car park (6 GBP) was not marked very well, so keep your eyes open when looking for it. King-sized bed was comfortable and room was quiet. Room rate was really good (prepaid on Expedia). Did not have breakfast in hotel, really good breakfast/lunch takeaway spot across the street. If you are looking for breakfast on Albert Dock before 9:30 am, you might have problems! (There is 1 coffee shop though....)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for this really positive feedback, we are delighted you enjoyed you stay and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed March 6, 2011

I read the previous reviews for this hotel with trepidation and we stayed here as part of a a birthday trip. The hotel was lovely. The room had a lovely comfy bed and we had a view over the Mersey and a decent bathroom. The breakfast was plentiful and hot. The best for me was the staff. The most friendliest, helpful people in a hotel that I have encountered in a long time! That said, this hotel isn't really 4 star but a very decent stay in the centre of Liverpool. Trying to find the parking is a little tricky. The actual parking is place is just off Old Hall Lane, follow the road right round between Tesco and Sainsburys and onto Rumbold Street where the parking is between a stone arch identified by two flags. Nice stay and take it as you find it!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank busyfeetz

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your comments and compliments about our hotel. All feedback is greatly received as we are continuously striving to improve all aspects of the hotels offerings and making your stay with us as enjoyable as possible.