“Slipping a bit”

Ranked #64 of 1,748 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Viva Brazil Churrascaria is an authentic, Brazilian style Steakhouse. The concept is simple, Viva Brazil gives you more – more of everything… food, service and atmosphere.Once seated, your Brazilian style dining experience begins. Guests are given the chance to relax and enjoy one of their favourite cocktails, make a selection from our list of hand-picked fine wines, or you can head straight over to our choose from our selection of seasonal salads and side dishes.The real experience begins as our troop of Passadors (Carvers) move from table to table, offering over fifteen select cuts of Steak, Lamb, Pork, Chicken and Sausages, all slow roasted over our charcoal barbeque and expertly carved at the table. To further accompany this feast, dishes such as garlic mashed potatoes, polenta, fried banana and artisan cheese breads are served to your table for you to enjoy.Your Brazilian experience would not be complete without one of our hard to resist Caipirinha cocktails. The national drink of Brazil, mixed together using only Cachaca rum, freshly squeezed limes and Sugar. At Viva Brazil, we bring the bar to you with our bespoke mobile cocktail stations. Let our experienced bartenders mix and serve freshly prepared drinks at the comfort of your own table!Join us for a dining experience that dates back hundreds of years to the cowboys of Southern Brazil. Times may have changed, but we’re sure that our food, service and hospitality, is just how they would’ve loved it!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Slipping a bit”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Viva Brazil was once one of my favourite places to dine - OK, it's a bit expensive in the evening, but it was worth it. Lately though, I can't help but feel it's not as good as it once was. The food is still very good, the meat is exceptionally tasty and the choice on the salad bar is always good, however, the last two visits I felt as though the service was slow and we were being a little bit ignored.

On the last visit, we arrived before our friends and so got ourselves a beer at the bar. We were then seated when they arrived at the booth by the salad bar, slightly away from the rest of the restaurant. Our friends were not offered a drink. 50 minutes in, there was no sign of a waiter returning to offer them one and there had only been 2 or 3 waiters to see us with meat. We asked for a drink in the end which then took a further 15 minutes to come. We could see the tables behind us getting plenty of deliveries of meat and felt a bit like we were out of sight, out of mind. Was asked by the manager if everything was OK and after we said the meat deliveries were a bit few and far between it did speed up a little, but not really to as high a standard as previous visits have been.

It's a shame. I think I might think twice before visiting again.

1 Thank Dooby1981

• Polish first
“Beautiful, divine meat”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had never heard of this restaurant until a recent trip to Liverpool where my boyfriend and I chose to eat here on the basis of having a vouchercloud offer of 25% off.
You pay a set amount depending on time of day for unlimited salad bar access and essentially unlimited cuts of slow cooked steak, rib, gammon, sausage, chicken, lamb and I think possibly more.
I could've had a great meal from the salad bar alone, it's not just salad but also offers meat and bean style sides.
When you're ready for more you let the waiter know by flipping your card to green and they then proceed to bring skewers of Brazilian style cooked meat over until you can't handle any more.
The service was perfect, friendly and willing to chat/help without being overbearing and the food was incredible.
Especially as we had a voucher to use, the value was exceptional.
GO!

Fife, Washington
“Excellent Aintree package !”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We travelled with friends, and as our hotel was room only, we booed teh champagen breakfast and dinner package for the garnd national day..
Abolsutely excellent start to the day with champagne and great breakfast, incl the grilled gammon and sauasages.!

Then transport from outside the restuarant to the course, brought backa again about half 7, with cocktail on arrival and then amazing dinner....could not have eaten any more if I'd tried!

And well looked after by friendly happy staff, incl a host on the transport.

Thanks for a great day !
If only you could have given us the winner of the national too to make it perfect !

• Visited April 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Superb all round”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Just got back from my first visit here with my girlfriend. I have to say that I was blown away by how good the food was.spent two hrs there and was thoroughly stuffed by the time I got out.the cinnamon pineapple was to die for, as was the lamb and ribs.special mention goes to the young passed or who served us-the guy was ever so helpful and certainly earned the tip I left him. We will definitely be back. Great value for money on Sunday-£20 including dessert.

• Visited April 2013
Brantome, France
“Felt like the forgotten people”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Date of visit 27th March. Booking for 3 @ 8:00pm. No table available. Sent to wait at the bar. Table we were given was right at the back,not in the main restaurant. We collected some salad etc. but most dishes were empty and the rice was inedible as it had been left on a warming plate way too long. Thirty minutes later we still had no meat!! After asking, we all got a small piece of very salty chicken wrapped in bacon. Another 15 minutes we asked again and got a sliver of gammon. Eventually we complained and were given a free drink and the promise of more meat and better service.
Of the so called 14 different cuts of meat, I think we got 6 very small pieces of salty undercooked meat. One of the most galling parts, a table of 8 big guys came to sit next to us and they got fed lots, but by the time their plates were filled the skewers were empty so we got nothing. Then some guy came up and asked us if we would like bbq pineapple, in other words "it's pudding time folks"!! Bottom line - £83 for a meal with one drink each and we left very hungry and disappointed. NEVER AGAIN. My advice - go to BEM BRASIL. It is fantastic by comparison to this excuse for a restaurant.

1 Thank HelenShields