“The Staff That I Met Made My Weekend One To Remember!”

Adelphi Hotel & Spa
Ranked #74 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Bristol, United Kingdom
“The Staff That I Met Made My Weekend One To Remember!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have just come back from staying at the Adelphi with 48 women on a hen weekend! Well I must say it was my first time to Liverpool & it definitely wont be my last....I loved the City!

I definitely wouldn't think twice about staying at the Adelphi again but I must admit this is only down to the excellent staff that they have working there!

I must mention Colin the Nights Manger, Paul, Simon & the 3rd guy that they had working on the door over the weekend they all did a superb job; first class, efficient, friendly but professional service by all four!

I lost my phone during my stay & these guys aswell as the reception staff & DM helped me out as much as possible to help recover it.

The hotel had a mix of ages but it looked like hotel guests had a brilliant weekend!

Thank-you all for a fantastic time... keep up the good work & us Swansea girls will see you again in the next few months! :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank xxKeliexx

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,544)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We travelled with National Holidays for an overnight stay & i must say i was disappointed with the hotel.The building from the outside is imposing,the reception area & public areas were well decorated & look really nice.It's a shame same couldnt be said for the rest of the hotel.Our room 660 was a twin & was very tired.The window had a piece of metal hanging off the frame & was rusted.The window was a jar & werent able to close it,which meant we heard every noise from outside.There was a bar over the road which opened while late & was quite noisy.There were sirens all night & the bin men were round at 5.30am to empty the bottle bins!! The bathroom was clean though mould was starting to show on the ceiling.The shower definately needs renewing & had a lot of limescale on it. The evening meal was like a school dinner,the starter was pate which was a large piece however the slice of bread was very small so a lot was wasted.The main course meat dishes were all in gravy or some kind of sauce & the veg were carrots,green beans & roast potatoes.Desert wasnt much better.The saving grace food wise was the buffet breakfast which was lovely & set us up for the day.For what we paid it was ok but i wouldnt pay the full room rate as i dont think its worth the money & i wont be staying there again

Room Tip: dont request room 660
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at the Adelphi Liverpool with a National Holidays tour as I heard that the hotel was really good, when we got inside the reception area the line of people was right to the door, as it was a coach party this was to be expected. When we eventually got to the desk the recepionist took our booking form from us and give us an envelope and said room 670 this was the only conversation we had, not very polite at all, never told us what floor or where the lifts were to get to the floor. When we found our room we opened the door the smell of cigarette smoke just hit us in the face it was really strong ( which I can only blame myself for not asking for a non smoking room ) but it was really smelly. When we opened the bathroom door, that smelt of urine and that was strong, the room was dusty around the mirrors and the bedsid lamps, the windows had secondery glazing and the main window was full of condensation and the window sill was covered in about 3 - 4 mm of water so obviously this was not mopped up before we arrived the walls around the window were damp and cracked.( see photos ) as it was an all-inclusive weekend we had 4 drink vouchers each for each day to use in the Wave bar, this was the only bar that you could use the vouchers, the service in the Wave Bar is bad the staff would walk past you go and do something else even if nobody waiting to be served then walk past you again and then might decide to serve you. The food in the hotel is not to bad I have had worse and, had better but it was ok, service was not very good we had a voucher for a glass of wine with our meal so when the waitress came with our starter I asked for the wine and when we went up for our buffet main course we still had no wine, so I asked again and we eventually got wine when I was eating my desert. Generally the hotel is situated in a excellent spot for all the attractions, shops, bars etc. Just that the state of our room and the service in reception, and the bar was poor, we did enjoy Liverpool but I would not stay at this hotel again which is a shame as I have said it is situated in a excellent spot.

Room Tip: If you do not smoke don,t forget to ask for a non smoking room or an upgrade.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Liverpool hotels

HULL
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed at the Adelphi for 1 night in January, with a coach party. Cost £49, which in my opinion is a bargain. The hotel is dated, but what do you expect from a grand old lady. I travelled with a friend and we had a twin room (room 277) on the second floor, which was clean and spacious. The room door opened outwards into a enterance porch with a wardrobe, then with 2 doors one into the bathroom and the other to the main living/bedroom area. Had a great nights sleep. The evening meal was lovely, food hot, there wasnt a choice, but all 3 courses were delicious. A Beatles tribute band were excellent and got people dancing. Breakfast the next morning was full of choice for every tastes, the bacon & sausage I had didnt disappoint. The hotel is situated right in the center so the Albert Dock was a 10min walk away.....and one thing not to miss, is a trip on the Yellow duck marine (a bus that goes into the water....such fun!!)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Parisienne20001
Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed at this hotel as we were in Liverpool for a birthday( only stayed there because meal was in Restaurant at hotel and person celebrating was staying there).

Birthday meal and staff in restaurant were TOP NOTCH made it a lovely evening have to say well done to Sarah and the team! (see separate review)

This is a beautiful building in a prime location, most of the staff were really nice shame that could not be said for them all.

Person in charge of arrangements for birthday meal was next to useless, I was told to ring her direct to arrange booking for room (Which was lovely no
thanks to HER) and on arrival we were told there was no booking for us, thanks to staff on reception this was soon sorted out to our satisfaction.
The person whose birthday we were celebrating had been booked into a Special Suite as a surprise, but hey guess what when we came to book her in there was no such reservation made, luckily there was a suite available (not what was expected) it was very nice but reaked of tobacco smoke.

There was also an issue with another guests room, and a certain member of the reception staff being very rude.

Breakfast was ok but very busy .

The other thing that we were not happy about was the fact that lots of drunken people were bringing meals in from outside ie MacDonalds, Curries,fish and Chips etc.
There were doormen making sure that people who came in were staying at hotel but we feel that this is a hotel that will charge top prices but let anyone stay here as long as they fill the rooms.

This could be a really up market hotel with the reputation it had years ago when we were growing up in Liverpool, we expected so much more. What a disapointment !

Sorry to have to say that Premier Inns are better value!

Will we stay here again NO!

Room Tip: Don;t accept room on 6th floor they are awful, we were in 114 and it was very nice. This seems to be...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank stroppycow
Perth
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Arrived same time as a coach party
Which blocked front of hotel and delayed booking in
Shocked to hear price and it didn't include car parking £12
Two nights précis I had stayed at another big Liverpool Hotel and parking was free
My room was a typically gracious Adelphi large room with a separate historic bathroom
The suite was clean but for the wall tiles above the w c. Which were smeared
My mobile was out of power so I tried to use room phone, was rudely told I could not but needed to use a pay hone in lobby.
I went to reception to complain and a more friendly staff member explained the whoe phone system was being up graded.
The carvery was fine but breakfast a night mare
Signs had warned if you wanted a peaceful breakfast to go before the rush at 9am
So I went just after 8 to disaster
Apparently it was a tribute week end and the hotel had squeezed in 15 coach loads of fans
The queues were long. I think the bus drivers had advised folk to go early
When I eventually got to the desk I was told my dear single booking was room only
And I was sent back up stairs to reception to upgrade and of course join the back of the frustrated queue.
I don't know what would have happened if a fire started. Tables were all pushed together to cram more in. The charming lady at the next table had to keep standing between mouthfuls to let fok past her table
Sorry to say I feel cheated on value. Compared with my stay in another large Liverpool hotel just two nights previous there is no doubt which I would return to

Room Tip: Check what deal includes or add £12 parking and £6. 50 breakfast in an area like a chicken barn
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank SydGraham
lake district
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We had a valentine's special which was two nights dinner bed and breakfast. The price was so reasonable we weren't expecting anything special, just glad to be in the centre of liverpool. Well it was great !!! Check in was easy, our room was lovely and clean. Complimentary chilled bubbly in the room. We had dinner both nights in the Cromptons Restaurant which included a champagne cocktail and an excellent 4 course dinner followed by coffee. The staff were so friendly and relaxed we felt very welcome. Nice touches ie: a fresh red rose and sparkles on the table and chocolates in a little velvet box at the end of the meal. We thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast both mornings, even though it was very busy we were served tea & coffee as soon as we were seated and the buffet was being topped up regularly. We also had complimentary use of the spindles health club gym and swimming pool which made for a brilliant stay. Thanks to everyone at the Adelphi, We had a great time !!!"

Room Tip: We had room 171 very quiet except for the bedroom athletics in the room above, !!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple