“Great hotel, lovely staff”

Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #27 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Galway, Ireland
“Great hotel, lovely staff”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Hotel is ideally located for shopping & Anfield. The food was lovely. Staff were extremely friendly & helpful. The room was big & very clean. Will be back again, I could not rate this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Simon M, Operations Manager at Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear 'Roisin R',

Thank you for such a great review of the Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre. I have shared your kind words with the hotel team as we all take great pride in knowing our guests have had a pleasant stay.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Simon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Netanya, Israel
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Hotel located perfect next to the Lime Street rail station. Very central.
Near hotel you can find bars, restaurants, good shopping centers and more.
Nice rooms, bed was nice, rooms size was OK - Big and room was clean, good bath room, a very nice breakfast, nice and pleasant dinning room.
Hotel has a little Gym, hotel has meeting rooms. The stuff was very nice, helpful and friendly.
We god a very good value for the money we paid.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with city view, high floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Simon M, Operations Manager at Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear 'Arik2808',

Thank you for taking the time to post your extremely positive review of the Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre.

we take great pride in delivering top class customer service and seeing yet another happy guest to our hotel.

I will share your review with the rest of the hotel team who I'm sure will join me in welcoming you back in the near future.

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times and always find the staff friendly and helpful. The hotel is ideally situated for shopping, eating out and visiting the sights Liverpool has to offer. Car parking is secure and reasonable. The hotel is in need of a refurb, but otherwise another comfortable stay and will be returning in the future.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear 'Wayne H',

Thank you for posting your review of the Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre. I'm thrilled to see that you had another great stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel was booked via booking.com. Three nights with breakfast in a twin room with breakfast included was costed at £397 so not cheap!The room was quite large with an area equipped with a desk - but the light on it didn't work. There was no information in the room and no niceties - only liquid soap; no mini-bar; basic TV programmes and a monitor with poor sound. The beds were atrocious - one so much so, with metal protruding, that the mattress had to be changed on day two/ We (foolishly) tried to eat in on the first night. The soup had to be returned to be re-heated and the baked potatoes had to be returned to be properly cooked. The breakfast may have been fine for people who liked the hot items; but we do not and do not eat any kind of meat - and, for us, the packet of Alpen and the sliced bread for toasting was not what we expect when we are away. The Holiday Inn brand may be a franchise but, surely, there are set standards which have to be adhered to? We found the staff friendly and helpful but they cannot do much other than apologise - which they seemed to be doing all the time, and not only with us.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear 'Pseudonymity',

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I'm obviously very disappointed to see that we did not meet your expectations. in regard to the rates that you paid, may i suggest that in future for the guaranteed best available rates always book via hiliverpool.com rather than through an agent.

I'm sorry to see that your room wasn't to your liking, we generally receive very positive review in regards to our beds however this is often a matter of taste.

I have communicated your comments with our Head Chef and he is committing some time to further develop our vegetarian range which I'm sure you will find to be a great improvement on your next visit to the hotel.

We all look forward to seeing you again then.

kind regards

Didcot, Oxfordshire, UK
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The hotel is well positioned for the station, the city centre and the University. The rooms are clean, a good size and comfortable but as others have noted the mattresses are incredibly thin though I slept fine. The hotel is let down by 2 things. First, poorly trained staff and basic training being done in front of clients - not a good experience for either the trainee or the client. Second, dinner - I chose from the "Chef's menu" because it had things I liked the sound of and was well-priced. The food that was served was perfectly edible but had all the appearances of coming out of packets in terms of shape, size, coatings and taste. Not only that I had to wait for 40 minutes after my first course for the second. I'm not sure I would have ever been served if I had not asked when I might expect my dinner! There was no explanation for the delay though there was an apology from the waitress. I noticed there were a number of other tables raising issues about their food. The restaurant was far from busy. Breakfast on the otherhand was fine with a good selection of hot and cold dishes.

Room Tip: If you book on-line and are travelling alone book "room only" as breakfast is cheaper boug...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear 'GeoffDidcot',

Thank you for completing a review of your experiences during your recent visit to the hotel.

I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and would recommend us to others.

I am concerned, however, to learn of your disappointment in regards to your evening meal, which I have personally investigated.
On positive note, it is good to know that your breakfast the following day was much better.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were placed here by the Royal Liverpool Hospital as my father had a very early consultant's appointment on the Monday morning. Liverpool and Everton played Sunday afternoon so Sunday night was very noisy in the city until the early hours but it was quiet with the windows shut. My father's room, a double, was ideal for him and was paid for by the hospital. We had travelled from South Wales so an overnight stay was essential. Our room, (a reduced rate arranged by the hospital), a family room (for me, my sister and teenage niece) was also perfect. Our room had two double beds, a walk-in wardrobe (yes, really a walk-in!), dressing table, and a separate room with desk and chairs and a small table - and a full size kettle! So much space!

As our visit to Liverpool was for not so pleasant reasons the staff at the hotel tried to make our visit as comfortable as possible. Ajay on reception was attentive and kind and helped us when we needed to further our stay as my father had to stay in hospital after receiving a very difficult diagnosis. Ashleigh was also very helpful. There was another gentleman on night reception ,we didn't catch his name but he responded very speedily when our TV and kettle didn't work late one evening - trip switch problem - sorted within 5 mins!

Breakfast - Kathy was sooooo nice! Very friendly, asked where my Dad was the second morning! We told him he was having an op and she asked after him every day after that! She made sure we had everything we needed and also let us take a few pastries for a long visit in the hospital (please don't let her get into trouble for this - it made a HUGE difference!). Breakfast itself was lovely. Plenty of choice and as much of it as you liked. What I also liked was that the food was on small platters - not great big piles of food that would be there for ages, small plates frequently emptied and refilled. Good job! Nice to have a coffee machine too - with coffee and hot choc that tasted like coffee and hot choc!

This hotel is right in the middle of the city, opposite Lime Street station - no need for taxi if you arrive at Lime Street!
Taxis - don't take a black cab - twice the price of the private taxis. Reception will book a taxi for you if you ask. Delta and Excel are very good - it cost us £2.20 to the hospital - just over a mile - you couldn't get a bus fare for three people for that! And the taxi drivers are very friendly!

So, all in all a great place to stay. Great staff, they are a credit to the company, lovely breakfast, comfortable beds etc. etc.

Thank you very much!

Room Tip: Family rooms are big!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Simon M, Opearations Manager at Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear 'Rejji 1966',

Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review for the Holiday Inn Liverpool City centre.

I'm thrilled to see that the team at the hotel looked after you and your father during a difficult time and that you particularly highlighted Ajay, Ashleigh and Kathy who we have now rewarded for their part in making your stay so comfortable.

I hope we can welcome you and your father back in the future under more pleasurable circumstances.

kind regards

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Just arrived home from a very pleasant stay in the Holiday Inn Liverpool, having only booked the room 15 minutes prior to check in the process was swift and with a smile. Room was spot on, clean and spacious bathroom which could not be faulted. Also, staying on the top floor gives a great view out over Liverpool. Having stayed in numerous hotels over the years, the location here is ideal and within walking distance of the train station, shops, bars and clubs.
Special thanks to the GM Jonathan for personally making it a great evening for myself and friend. The only thing that could have made the night better would have been Liverpool winning at the football!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear 'SMcke',

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre.

I'm glad to see that you had such a great experience, aside from the football results. I'll be sure to pass on your thanks to Jonathan.

We hope to see you again in the near future and hopefully for a winning game!