2,751 results
All reviews liver building the club lounge albert dock leisure facilities city centre sauna and steam room river view car park isle of man two double beds lovely hotel pier head breakfast was excellent reception staff family room executive room within easy walking distance
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We regularly visit Liverpool as our daughter is at university there and we stayed in this hotel as a change from others we have tried before. Having read the great reviews we were excited to try it out. The location was brilliant and the pictures looked amazing, however we were rather disappointed. We had a ‘water view’ room on the 4th floor ( paid extra for this). The room was clean and functional but there is no way it was a 4 star room. The bathroom was incredibly dated. No heated towel rail so we had to drape wet towels in our room after use so we could reuse in the morning..... they were still damp then. The shower was over the bath and the water did not drain away very quickly so we were paddling in soapy water after a few minutes in there... unpleasant sensation as it’s probably blocked with hair etc.... but who wants to investigate that in a hotel room?!?! The bed, to be fair, was comfortable and they did offer a pillow menu and lavender pillow spray. Nice touch. However, there may be a reason why they offer sleep enhancers as we found there to be a low background noise akin to an engine on a boat ( which is what we thought it was with the ferries outside) but it didn’t go away when the ferries did... so we though maybe it was air conditioning? Not really sure... but perhaps that’s why you get the pillow spray to help you sleep?!
The TV had a selection of free channels but the signal was intermittent, which was annoying.... so we abandoned having that on. Breakfast was so busy... we had to queue for 10 mins to get a table for 2. Staff were very polite and apologetic... but I have never had to wait to be seated in a 4 star hotel for breakfast... ever!
I’m not a picky person and usually don’t feel the need to moan... the hotel was just ok... BUT NOT 4 star.... no way! To save others from the disappointment we felt, My suggestion is... if you’re paying over £200 a night as we did.... go and stay in the Titanic in Stanley dock.... now that’s a real 4 star hotel!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Corriefan1,

Thank you for leaving us your review and for making us a part of your visit here in Liverpool. We are grateful that you chose the Crowne Plaza.

As always, we wanted nothing more but to provide our guests the best we can give from the second they stepped in. While I appreciate the good service given by our staff and how the comfortable our beds are, I'm sorry that you felt the overall experience isn't at par to a 4 Star Hotel. I regard your thoughts about the bathroom looking dated, water not draining out quickly, and the waiting during the breakfast service. I also came across the things you said about the television reception, noise, and how you wanted a heated towel rail to be a standard. I'm sorry that these made you uneasy, Corriefan1. This is not the impression we'd like to leave you. I'm sorry that this stay didn't go as well as I have hoped it to be.

We continuously look for ways to make your experience memorable. Reviews such as this goes a long way in identifying areas where we can improve. Don't worry, I took the necessary steps to ensure our management gets to read your post and review these things that came up short.

Your stay may not have been the best picture to remember of us but I am positive to capture a better one as soon as you get back. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.

Best regards,

Frank A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel is in a great location next to the Albert Dock. Not inexpensive. It has an added bonus its own car park but you have pay for it, 14 pounds and tidy, the staff are really good. Nice breakfast but gets busy

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2018

The hotel is located on the waterfront with outdoor parking (with extra charge). It is a business type hotel with efficient check in staff. The room size is standard but relatively new and very clean. The only drawback is breakfast buffet room which is not big enough to cater to all guests. As such, guests to have to wait in line for breakfast. I don't come across this situation very often particularly where the hotel is not considered very big. Breakfast buffet selection is ok.

In any case, I would still recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

Been here one day, tv didn’t work so gave us one free drink each, wow, had our evening meal for the two of us, which came to £43.90, they tried to charge us over £100, apparently charged us for the previous people as well, when we complained they still didn’t get it right l, not impressed so far, one more day to go!!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends
CrownePlazaLiverpool, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us about your recent stay. I am deeply sorry to hear about the experience you had.
I appreciate you taking my call.

Warmest regards

Luke Jenkinson - Guest Relations

Reviewed September 11, 2018

I visited with a friend for 2 nights, The location was great, we had a twin room, both beds were queen size and comfy, the bathroom was clean and had a bath. Breakfast was good, we did not eat dinner in the hotel so cannot comment on that.
The thing that stood out the most was the staff, from the cleaner to the bar staff reception and eveyone we met there, a real credit to the company.
On out next visit to Liverpool we will deffently be staying at this Hotel!

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends