2,912 results
All reviews liver building the club lounge albert dock leisure facilities city centre sauna and steam room river view car park isle of man two double beds lovely hotel pier head breakfast was excellent family room reception staff within easy walking distance enjoyable stay
Selected filters
Reviewed June 22, 2017 via mobile

We've stayed here a few times now and as soon as we walk through the door we are greeted with a lovely welcome which reassures us of a wonderful stay-although this time it wasn't the fabulous Frank but the magnificent Michael who did all he could to enhance our visit. Irinel efficiently checked us in and before long we were settled in to our lovely and spotless room on the fourth floor overlooking the Dock. The Club Lounge is a must for pre-out drinks and nibbles, with the exceptional welcome from Mohammed who seems to remember our love of rosé wine each time we call! Rooms are spacious with a little welcome pack, great shower and toiletries and as mentioned above very clean and well maintained. The breakfast sets you up for the day with a fantastic choice of cereals, juices, cold and hot selection and the omelettes are delicious! Demi-Lee whom we met for the first time last week and the vivacious Alice looked after us superbly, so refreshing on a morning when you feel a little next-day tiredness!!! We say it every time, we can't wait to go back. PS. Good luck to receptionist Adina for your maternity break.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2017 via mobile

I'd like to make it clear that this report is biased towards my requirements and in no way reflects the Hotel overall

The hotel is in a great location and is modern and impressive, particularly the reception area around which all the social aspects are arranged.

I'm a business traveller who used InterContinental Hotel Group hotels very regularly both country and world-wide.

I booked an executive room so I could use the Club Lounge. I find that travelling on my own, a couple of 'free' drinks and the light snacks on offer in the Lounge are all that I need in the evening. It's also much nicer than being Billy no-mates in the restaurant.

Unfortunately the 'happy hour' timing from 17.00 - 19.00 will not suit many business travellers so if this is you, don't waste your money booking a club room.

When I told the receptionist this she was kind enough to get me one complimentary drink from the bar.

I corresponded with the hotel manager who stated "Liverpool is very much a Leisure destination and as such the timings of the club lounge are set to accommodate the majority of our guests"

This implies that the hotel is biased away from the travelling business guest.

He also offered my a free drink if I asked on future occasions. I shouldn't have to ask having paid for the privilege in my room rate, so I won't be staying at this hotel again

Trip type: Traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2017

Hi MDG424,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. It is great to know that you have been choosing our hotel brands in your past travels. However, I was concerned to see that you were not impressed this time around due to the happy hour timing. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concern.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Regards,

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed June 19, 2017

The room are nice and spacious, plenty of room for 2 adults and 2 kids, clean and cool, the swimming pool was a bit busy, but it was a good to escape to the sauna. Good clean areas to get changed in and very helpfull staff members. Breakfast was very good and plenty of it. All Round a great place to stay . 5 star

Room tip: go for the dock views if poss.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
CrownePlazaLiverpool, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2017

Dear ravi250467,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wonderful 5 star review.
We are very pleased you enjoyed our location, our bedroom, swimming pool & breakfast during your stay with us.

Thank you for the lovely feedback about our hotel team.

We hope you choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Liverpool.

Reviewed June 19, 2017 via mobile

Excellent hotel. Probably the best UK hotel we've ever stayed in. The room was lovely. Spotlessly clean. The added extras in the room were an unexpected, but lovely suprise. Aromatherapy pillow mists, free bottles of water, biscuits and I'm sure there was more which I can't remember.
The location was excellent, being right next to the Liver building, and just 2 mins walk to Albert Docks. The fast ferry to Isle Of Man departs from just behind the hotel, so for us that was an extra bonus. We didn't use the pool, but it looked very good. The staff were excellent and very polite and helpful. We ate in the restaurant, as was too tired after a long journey to find anywhere else to eat. The menu wasn't extensive, but there was still a good choice. The food was excellent quality and very well presented. Wasn't cheap, but never expected it to be at this standard of hotel. Our server was Ben, he was attentive, without being in your face, he was cheerful but not OTT. I'd highly recommend this hotel, and would use again.
Any negatives? Only 1, and that's the same 1 I have with 99.9% of hotels. The bed was too hard for me. But then I'm used to a memory foamed topped mattress at home, so is beds are harder than I'm used to.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Karanszia,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your amazing 5 star review with us.
We are pleased you had a brilliant experience in our hotel, comfort & cleanliness of room, food and service in the Restaurant and service all round.

We hope you choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Liverpool.
Please let me know you are coming. guestrelations@cpliverpool.com

Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

Worst afternoon tea I've had! Not made to feel welcome on arrival (friends 30th birthday treat which was ignored) and table set with tea cups n saucers. Eventually the waiter then brought our tea in large heavy Starbucks mugs!?! After questioning the staff who said they always served it in mugs (and couldn't explain why the cups n saucers were on the table) they did bring fresh tea in metal tea pots. The sandwiches were boring and tasteless, cakes overly sweet and shop bought scones. Only positive was that there was plenty of clotted cream! Dreadful!!!!

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear minipeb,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.
We are very surprized with your feedback about your afternoon tea experience.

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for joining us for afternoon tea.