“Really impressed”

Ranked #22 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Really impressed”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Decided on our own mini break to Liverpool and thought the dock area looked good. We were not wrong!! The hotel is well placed, only a 10 minute walk from the centre. Hotel very clean, room is VERY spacious and the breakfast was very good - plenty to suit all tastes. Access to the private lounge is worth investing in. You get free booze for a couple of hours and nibbles each day. A good hotel.

2 Thank Brian D
CrownePlazaLiverpool, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Brian,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.Its always lovely reading such positive feedback.

I have made sure your comments are passed on to the rest of the team and we look forward to your next visit.

Joanne Janssen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (538)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for one night last week. We would like to commend the staff on their friendliness and helpfulness. Having the 16 metre swimming pool on hand was ideal as was it's position close to the Tate Liverpool Art Gallery. A restaurant recommendation, nearby, also proved to be excellent. All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and hope to return to this hotel again soon.

Room Tip: We requested and got a very quiet room on the third floor, the last room along the corridor
1 Thank Helene018
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback and I am thrilled to hear that you both enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our great city.

I have passed your comments on to the rest of the team and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

liverpool
Reviewed September 15, 2013

a very large party atteneded the function room for a country and western night plus four course meal. from start to finish the evening was shambolick, not enough place settings,very poor overcooked food, sirloin steak was like shoe leather, small portions of veg, a teaspoon of gravy, one brocolli stalk, three boiled potatoes (new), desert mediocre but the best part of the meal, no coffee, £75.00 per ticket. never again. came home and had tea and toast........

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank shaunefc
CrownePlazaLiverpool, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Guest ,

I am very disappointed to hear of your experience you encountered with the Phil Mack international country show.

All bookings for this event were through Phil Mack agents direct, and they were the sole organisers for the event.

The Crowne Plaza Liverpool had no responsibility with the booking process, including the creation of table plans, seating arrangements, pricing and order of entertainment.

With regards to the food, I am sorry to hear the quality was not up to your standard, though feedback from all other guests on the night has been nothing short of excellent.

Again, my apologies for the evening not meeting your expectations.

stoke on trent
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have stayed in hundreds of hotels up and down the country, and reviewed many of them on here, but I have to say that this was my favourite. It may be the Liverpool people, but I immediately felt like I had been welcomed home and I had never been here before! We were offered a complimentary drink as the room was not quite ready and the staff were efficient, polite and organised but above all, they were down to earth. The hotel is bright, clean and spacious and the rooms cannot be faulted. I would not hesitate to recommend this little gem. I will definetly be. Back! Thanks everyone.
Annemarie Cheadle

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank chigStokeOnTrent
Dear Annemarie,

Thank you for your lovely feedback and I have made sure your comments are passed on to the rest of the team.

Its always fantastic reading such positive comments and it really does give the team a boost when we read such lovely feedback.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I booked this hotel for my husbands birthday as he is an Everton supporter so I had tickets for Everton v Chelsea the next day.
the sat nav- be careful, does not necessariy take you to the hotel doorstep! we crossed Queensway tunnel and nearly paid a toll as it was misleading via the postcode.

we called the hotel concierge- Brian who was amazing at staying on the phone and directing us across the city to the hotel.
upon arrival check in was friendly and smooth.

got to our room (I had booked a queen with river views and had arranged champagne and chocs as a surprise in the room) but the room had been changed to a family room with 2 double beds AND a cotbed! no space to move and no champagne.

we called conceierge and again Brian was outstanding. he immediately sorted the situation with an upgrade and had us shifted across and set up within minutes. he even called Matou (an Asian restaurant we had booked in the ferry centre) and informed them we were running late and to keep our window river view table for us.

the suite was amazing as were the views and swiftness of the staff in dealing with the mix up.

throughout the stay the staff were outstanding, friendly and extremely helpful with advice, directions, requests and general chatting! (Lisa, Kayleigh, Brian, Frank..)

the room was gorgeous, comfortable and quiet, breakfast was good and varied and the spa was suitable for adults and kids alike.

no complaints what so ever! thank you to the team for making our stay a great one. and a victory was in store for Everton too! :)

Room Tip: if you like suites - I advise the 4th floor- club rooms with views! spacious, seating lounge area, d...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
CrownePlazaLiverpool, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review. Firstly i would like to apologise for some of the problems you had when you checked into the hotel.

Im glad to hear that Brian eventually got you to the hotel and I will certainly look into why the Sat Nav would of taken you near the Queensway tunnel.

I would also like to apologise that your champagne and chocolates were not in your room on arrival.

I have passed your comments on to Brian as well as Lisa, Kayleigh and Frank and thrilled to hear that they made your stay enjoyable and that they immediately fixed the issues you had at check in.

Sounds like you had a great time and glad to hear you made use of all our facilities.

I hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We went for my birthday which was booked in secret by my girlfriend. They were very kind and went the extra mile to make it as special as possible which was much appreciated. All the staff were very helpful and friendly and made us feel more than welcome. The hotel was stunning and very clean, well kept/decorated and tidy. The rooms were more than comfortable and we enjoyed our stay very much! The breakfast was delicious and much to choose from. Very well located. Value for money. Would definitely stay again!!

1 Thank Nick99999999
CrownePlazaLiverpool, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Nick,

Thank you taking the time to post such a positive review. Im thrilled to hear you and your girlfriend had a lovely stay with us and that we made this special for you.

I have past your comments on to the rest of team and thank you once again for your feedback.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Knaresborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I've stayed at the Crowne Plaza on a number of occasions because it is in a good position and I am a Priority club Member. It has always been comfortable and efficient. When I stayed last reception staff were helpful and went out of their way to find out information for us. We were given a pokey room on the first floor in which the bed clearly folded up into a cupboard when not being used. There was no bedside table on one side. The dining room staff were friendly and efficient and the food was good, but sadly it was almost empty. Refurbishment was going on while we were ther, about which we had not been warned, but the result is a rather drab grey lounge area. When I emailed these comments to the hotel I heard nothing, so I've lost some faith in their customer care. I should have asked for another room, please ensure you do.

Room Tip: Perhaps avoid the first floor which is the business area
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Grumpigrandpa
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Grumpigrandpa,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I am sorry you found some aspects of our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W