“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #23 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
louth
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Myself and my husband stayed here for 3 nights in January. The hotel is located along the docks in a nice area. It's about a ten or fifteen minute walk into the main shopping and nightlife area. We arrived at the hotel at 9am and were unable to check in until 12 which was totally fine as the official check in time wasn't until 2pm. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful giving us information about the area. Our room was on the 4th floor. Our room had an iron and an ironing board a trouser press a safe and a mini bar that could be stocked on request. There were also small complimentary bottles of water in the room which was a nice touch. I found the room a little stuffy at night as the windows could not be opened. Breakfast was quite nice. It was self service style with a selection of cereals breads pastries smoked salmon Parma ham cheese and the usual cooked breakfast items. I think the bar let's the hotel down. There is very little atmosphere. There is a sign saying to sit down and your food or drink order would be taken. But every time without fail I had to get up and place my order at the bar. Not a huge deal but if that's the case get rid of the sign! I was quite satisfied with the value. My stay worked out as 411 euros for 3 nights bed and breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013
CrownePlazaLiverpool, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
It gives me great pleasure to receive such lovely feedback from our guests. I am delighted that you and your husband had a pleasant stay at the Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre. Thank you for sharing your experiences of our friendly and knowledgeable staff, hotel facilities and convenient location. I appreciate your feedback regarding the bar service and have communicated this to our Food and Beverage Management for review. However, it is very reassuring to hear that despite this oversight you thoroughly enjoyed you stay with us. Your comments are all greatly appreciated.

Stephen Roberts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
newport, south wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Visited this hotel for the second time with my girlfriend. And what fantastic place it is. The staff were really friendly and helpful. Atmosphere was nice and the rooms were clean and awesome! The bad points were the parking was dead expensive! 20 pound for 2 nights and the food weren't the best but breakfast was amazing. I do recommended paying for breakfast. The spa treatment was so relaxing and the gym pool jacuzzi sauna and steam room was very good. Overall a amazing time and would recommend it to anyone

• Stayed December 2012
It is a delight to receive such fantastic feedback from our guests. I am pleased to hear that you and your girlfriend enjoyed a romantic weekend away in our hotel and made good use of the Leisure facilities and hotel Spa. Thank you for sharing your complimentary comments regarding the hotel, its facilities and the staff.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stopped here a few times now. Good reception staff. Helpful and knowledgable about the local area. Very good rooms though a little on the old fashioned side. Great location, good breakfast in the morning. As I work across the road managing 4 floors of the Liver building this is an ideal location for me.

Room Tip: Ask for river view rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your experiences with our hotel. Your comments regarding our reception team are greatly appreciated and I am delighted to hear that you found them to be friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Your recommendation of the hotel is greatly appreciated and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

The hotel is well presented staff friendly enough but nothing that says come back and stay. The downside is the room smelt of damp and I identified this after I had unpacked and did not have the energy to be re-roomed so to speak. I identified that this was down to the shower curtain which can only lead me to think sloppy housekeeping. Alongside this the gym is not the best however the pool is very nice. Staff were polite rooms ok but nothing at all to spend a great deal of money on or return to. Fortunately mine was booked through business and a good rate. However I am sure you could find a better hotel for the money in Liverpool. The location isn't the worst however slightly higher up on the North side of the city so not so accessible but quieter if that's what you wish for. Its a good cab ride into the city, by that no more than 5 pound.

Room Tip: Shop around not best for location or highest standard
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Aspiringmystrycust
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre. It is disappointing to hear that we would not be your first choice when returning to Liverpool. I have discussed your feedback regarding the shower curtain with our housekeeping team to ensure that such matters are not overlooked in the future. However, it is encouraging that despite the inconveniences you experienced you found the staff to be polite and friendly and note that the hotel is well presented and conveniently situated for guests looking for a quieter city centre location. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future, so that we may demonstrate our commitment to improving our guest’s experiences.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Recently attended a function at the hotel and was really impressed with this hotel. They made us feel so welcome and the waiting / bar staff were some of the best I've encountered - they really made the night. Would recommend this place to anyone looking for somewhere to hold a function

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank CraigMoffatt
Thank you for your lovely review. It gives me great pleasure to hear that our staff made your evening enjoyable and memorable. Your recommendation of the hotel to other customers looking to hold a function is greatly appreciated.

Merseyside
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Booked for the New Year's Eve Gala at a charge of £320 for the one night , arrived in the afternoon , On check in , anything I asked about , was told it is all in your letter here with your room card. Well yes the details ..ie time for meeting for dinner were included , but nothing about the spa facilities, the club lounge, afternoon tea or pre dinner drinks . We upgraded to Club expecting something extra. Would not have bothered. Key did not work in the lock of the Club Lounge , asked a member of staff if it was actually closed, he shouted across other guests " Are you entitled to use it ?" ...just as well I'm not easily embarassed . A trip to reception sorted out my key card, they were very busy by now with all the extra NYEve guests arriving , but the receptionist. multi tasking ,was very cheerful and helpful and apologised . My husband had need to go shopping so I stayed to have afternoon tea, but coffee machine in Club Lounge was not working. Very nice young gentleman from the bar suggested he bring a pot of coffee and took my order for afternoon tea. I was a little concerned about my daughter and her family arriving in Liverpool but booked in to another hotel ( because young children weren't allowed at the Gala obviously) this same member of staff, although the hotel was buzzing, found the telephone number for the other hotel via the internet , and I was able to call to find they were arrived safely.
In the evening we stepped out of the lift to be presented with some champagne , Scots piper led us to dinner The candlelit room for the Gala looked stunning ,, the tables were set beautifully and the young waiter assigned to our table could not have been more helpful, cheerful and professional in everyway. A wonderful evening , finished off with late night ( early morning) drinks in the bar .
Breakfast was as expected , a wait for a table , not too long though. Needed my coffee, but kept being told someone would bring it. A bit inconsistent here, as I was served a small cup , some tables were left a pot, my husband had to go in search of butter whilst his breakfast went cold. You have to make toast yourself on one of those infuriating machines.
Did not get time to use the spa or pool .Friends had booked a suite which they were very happy with as it had views of the Liver Buildings and the river. All in all ... a very enjoyable stay . Some things could indeed be better, especially the Club Lounge idea !! Staff are brilliant.

Room Tip: Ask about the rooms with Liver Buildings view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your New Years Eve stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre. It is a pleasure to hear that you received such outstanding service from a particular member of staff and I am delighted that overall you had a very pleasant experience with us. I have noted your comments regarding the Club Lounge. Thanks to recent constructive feedback from our guests we have been reviewing the Club Lounge operations and are instigating changes to ensure that our guests enjoy their executive experience with us. Additionally, in January we launched a new booking process to enable guests to book rooms with guaranteed views of the docks, River Mersey or the Liver Building. Once again thank you for your complimentary comments regarding the staff. I hope we see you and your family next New Years Eve.

Corwen
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

We have always liked to stay here and are a club
member we are looking to stay in Liverpool
next Sunday for 2 days but everywhere seemed a bit tired last time we stayed , chairs ripped near bar and spa entrance.

Room Tip: Staff have very good attitude but I thinks big upgrade is needed
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
It gives me great pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed your previous stays with us and we truly appreciate your membership with the Priority Club and your loyalty to our hotel. I acknowledge your comments on the maintenance of the hotel and will reflect upon your feedback in any future refurbishment decisions. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.