1,876 results
All reviews albert dock echo arena scrambled egg and beans great location hi express exposed brickwork beatles museum pay and display converted warehouse big wheel liver building breakfast was included city centre car park no air conditioning multi storey original features
Selected filters
Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

Stayed 16th June for an overnight stay for my Hen Do was 6 of us.
Beautiful hotel & rooms the views were beautiful and breakfast really nice.
Only little complaint was at 2am when a guy tried opening our door...latch was on thankfully... shouting Room service towel is here that you rang for?
Come again?? No one rang for anything at that time to which he snatched it back from me and tutted and left.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
HIEXAlbertDock, Guest service manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Albert Dock, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2017

Thank you for your review.
I will speak to our Night Manager and have him look into the issue of a man knocking on your door at 2am saying you have requested a towel. If you would like to speak about this matter in any further detail there is a member of the management team available 24 hours a day on 0151 702 6350.

Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night for a leisure trip with friends.
Lovely room overlooking the docks. Comfortable bed with a choice of soft or firm pillows.
Tea and coffee making facilities, shower gel and hair dryer supplied.
The bar was open until 2am.
Breakfast was lovely. A choice of cereals, fruit compote and yogurt. Cooked was bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs and beans, white/brown toast and a good choice of flavoured teas as well as the usual tea and coffee.
Slight letdown was dirty trays mixed with clean ones and I picked up 2 badly stained cups before finding a clean one.
All staff were friendly and our friends were given complimentary drinks in the evening because of noisy, unruly children running amok through the corridors in the afternoon while they were resting. Would definitely stay here again. Clean, comfortable and great location.

Date of stay: June 2017
HIEXAlbertDock, guest service manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Albert Dock, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2017

Thank you for your lovely 5* review of the hotel.
Please accept my apologies for the dirty trays and cups you found during breakfast. I will pass your comments along to our kitchen supervisor and have her look into this matter so this does not happen in the future.
I am pleased that the issue of noise was dealt with efficiently during your stay.
I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed June 24, 2017

On arriving at the hotel, on a very hot day, the reception staff were very welcoming. I had asked for a room with a view of the Dock and Liver building which the young girl did her best to find the best room, which she did, and it was lovely. We had a drink at the bar which was reasonable. We then made our way to the room. The features of the old building still remain with exposed brick work and original iron doors and hinges etc...this is a nice addition to the light and airy feel of the building, certainly not a negative. Our room was again nice, light and airy. A fan was provided as the windows could not be opened which was not an issue for us. The bed was comfy but just a double, when you are used to a king size it does seem small but it was at least clean and comfy. There were two pillows each..one soft, one firm which is good. Tea and coffee making facilities are in the room, no biscuits which could be an issue for some but not for us. A TV and hairdryer are also provided. The bathroom only had a shower, no bath, but again was not an issue. Plenty of hand wash and hair and body wash was provided, both of good quality. Towels good quality with bath sheets, hand towels and bath mat provided which would be changed daily if required. The entire hotel was very clean...communal areas as well as bedroom. Breakfast was served between 6.30 - 10 during the week. There was plenty of choice of cereals, fruit compote, yoghurt, fresh fruit (limited choice) croissants, muffins, toast, rolls, fruit juice (orange was very nice). Coffee was provided out of a machine, latte wasn't too good so the second morning we just had black coffee and added cold milk available by the cereal. The location of the hotel is brilliant, only a stones throw from lovely restaurants, cafes museums, The Tate and shops including Liverpool One and town centre. All in all a great base..will definitely be back!

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for your lovely 5* review of the hotel.
I am pleased to see that you received a lovely warm welcome from our reception team upon your arrival. We are in the perfect location as you have mentioned being a stone throw away from all the main areas in the city centre. We have some lovely views from each bedroom window which is always nice to wake up to.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed June 23, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights with work this week as we were exhibiting at the ACC. It's very close to both the Echo and ACC on Albert Dock. There's plenty of places to eat nearby.
Converted factory so nice and large inside, really wide corridors between rooms.
Staff were brilliant and very helpful. Rooms decent size, I had a view over to the wheel with a weird triangular window coming into the room but it was a bit quirky which I quite liked.
Shower was great, bed was comfy, and there was tea and coffee facilities in the room. Breakfast basic but what you expect from a holiday inn express.
The big let down is the lack of air con and brings the rating down a level for me. The lady on reception brought me a fan which helped, and I was lucky that the temperature dropped a bit while I was there - if it had been a few days ago and hotter outside it would've been unbearable. They need to invest in air con or some of those really effective Dyson things.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for your lovely review.
I will pass along your comments regarding air conditioning along to our general manager and allow them to look into this for our up coming refurbishment.
I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your time with us. As we are in the old Albert Dock converted warehouses we are very luck as our rooms have their own individual character about them.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel or the brand in the future.

Reviewed June 21, 2017

Great location on Albert Dock...just where we wanted to be for a weekend break but disappointed with hotel. I am a IHG Rewards Club member & we have both stayed in Holiday Inns/Crowne Plaza in Birmingham, Glasgow & other cities but I'm sorry to say this Holiday Inn does not come up to expectations. Room overlooked the dock but we couldn't see much of it because the windows were filthy!! Room adequate for two, although small double bed. Could not open window very far & there is no air con. Bathroom smelt damp & wasn't very clean...no complimentary toiletries (which we have always had before) Breakfast wasn't very good...food not very hot & not much choice. We were very disappointed.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HIEXAlbertDock, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Albert Dock, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Please accept my apologies with the issues you have encountered during your stay.
I will pass on your comments regarding your room cleanliness and smelt damp in your bathroom, I will pass this issue along to our housekeeping manager so she can look into this matter further.
In regards to your breakfast choices, we do offer a Holiday Inn Express brand standard continental breakfast which consists of 4 hot items of baked beans, scrambled eggs, sausages and bacon. We also have all your fresh fruit, pastries, cereals, bread and condiments.
We do have a 24 hour reception at the hotel who would have been able to assist you with putting a fan in your room.
If you would like to discuss any of your issues in further detail please contact the hotel directly and one of our Guest Service Managers are available 24 hours a day.
We hope to welcome you back to the IHG Brand in the future.