“nice hotel”

Days Inn Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #39 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here for three nights at the end of September.

5 minute walk to the Cavern Club and shops. 10 minute walk to albert docks

Good location.

The room was nice and big - the beds were almost too soft! Nice powerful shower.

The only niggle we had was that the room smelt funny - i think it might have been the cleaning products they use? Plus the rubbish bins in the room were so small - it was hard to put anything in them.
Also a shower cap in the bathroom would have been nice.

We stayed at the weekend so was a bit noisy with other hotel guests - this didnt bother me as i had ear plugs but reception said we could phone them and they would send security up.

This was fine though.

Didnt eat at the hotel. So cannot comment on the food.

Would recommend to stay here for a liverpool break.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Janet M, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear julieannboo

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel it’s lovely to hear you enjoyed your stay and was able see so much of the city during your stay.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return visit

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I can't even begin to put in a nutshell my experience here. I'll try..... I stayed here with my 2 teenage daughters. On our first day Roy the maintenance guy tried to get into the bathroom while I was in it. No knock! Nothing! Thankfully the door was locked. I was livid. When I complained I was told he had shouted maintenance twice before he came in. I can assure you he did not. Why else would I run out to the hall to find out who had just came into our room???? We got an apology from Lynn the duty manager and later Roy himself. That was it! Secondly through no choice of ours we were put in an adjoining room. We were shocked when the guy next door aggressively tried our door to get into our room. After a day of this nonsense I had enough and my girls were becoming really uncomfortable, I wrapped his door to complain. He came out into the hall and grabbed me by the wrists. I called for a manager but no one came to my room so I had to call again. While we were waiting on someone coming to diffuse the situation this guy kept banging the door aggressively. It was not handled well by management at all. We got moved at midnight on our 2nd nights stay because my girls were really uneasy at this point. In hindsight I should have insisted the guy next door was moved immediately. I have stayed in lots of hotels and this was the worst experience ever!!!!

Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank shalen41
Janet M, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Dear shalen41

Thank you for your review, I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for your negative experience and troubles encountered during your stay. Roy was very upset to hear he had caused you and your family such distress and sends his deepest apologise I can insure you this was not ignorance but an unfortunate miscommunication as this is not his nature at all.
The whole team are horrified to hear of your ordeal with our other guests, there is no excuse for this and again we are extremely sorry for not acting quickly enough. This has been disgusted with the management team and is now policy to move any guests causing issues to avoid further distress.

If you would like to return to our hotel or would like any further assistance, please contact me directly and will be more than happy to help.

Again I would like apologise and add this is never the norm here at days Inn Liverpool.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We booked to stay for 2 nights and got a family room,we had relatives in the end take are daughter so it was my me and my partner we was looking forward to the break together,checked in room was lovely and was really made up,in the night about 11pm there was a group of people coming in from a night out then that turned in to them running up and down the corridor banging doors getting ice from the machine shouting and standing outside are room i rang reception who come up and spoke to them it stopped ..for 10. mins,it went on till 4am,then theres a ice machine outside the room that sounds like a tractor until it stops then releases ice wich sounds like bricks getting thrown into a metal bucket,on top of security chatting into the radio at 4am then cleaning staff shouting down the hall at 8 am if you want sleep this is not the right hotel and as it sole purpose is people sleeping there failing misserably,good points we were givin a free breakfast and a note saying they had spoke to the people making the noise on numerous occasions if so i dont think ot was fair putting us on the same floor,oh and staff are very nice....

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Julienjohn2

Thank you for review, it is very disappointing to hear of your experience with the noisy guests we have now put in place a procedure to prevent other guest causing a disturbance.

All of our ice machines are getting serviced in order for them to work allot quieter.

Thank you for your nice comments about our staff, we hope you will return in the near future if you require any furthur assistance please contact me directly on 01512031910.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Booked this at the last minute / breakfast included - was not my first choice but was available for the days I required . my husband and I were both pleasantly surprised, room was a good size, bed was comfortable, extra pillows available in the room, bathroom compact / great shower - well pleased with accommodation. Breakfast - self service and perfectly adequate and good value for money - will certainly stay here again when we next visit Liverpool

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Janet M, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Joan551726

Thank you very much, we are very pleased yourself and husband enjoyed your stay with us. We are extremely grateful with all feedback received and can’t thank our guests enough for help showing potential guests what a great hotel we are.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return visit

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Fantastic location, nice size beds, friendly staff, free wifi and modern facilities all at a very good price. I'll definitely be looking to stay either here or the Hampton by Hilton whenever I revisit Liverpool.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Damien C

Dear dcullivanio

Thank you for great comments, we couldn’t agree more with you. We are very proud when receiving positive feedback and we feel yours is a honest straight to the point opinion.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I was very surprised. The outside of the hotel pleasant looks grim but inside the rooms are comfortable and quite large for a budget hotel. Everything worked in the room and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast is great value if you are looking for mass produced canteen food and it's location is great. Not a hotel experience by any standard but as a budget overnight stop it's brilliant

Room Tip: Sorry I didnt want to Rate the pool or fitness centre as I don't know if it has them
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear John H

Thank you for taking the time to write your review we are always extremely grateful when receiving feedback from guests as it helps us to improve our service, its lovely to hear your stay was enjoyable.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed at this hotel overnight after watching the Everton v Southampton game, perfect location and hotel. You should park at the Q Park under Liverpool One to get a discount rate of £9 for 24 hours, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was very modern and clean with a great shower, good quality bed linen, and lovely towels. The breakfast in our opinion was great, a good variety of cooked and cold breakfast choices, and the staff were very friendly in there. We were in room M4 which is located under the bar in the hotel, not a problem for as as we didn't get in until 1am so we can't comment on how noisy it is).
The hotel is located only a short 5 min walk to Liverpool one and city centre, with many eateries, shops and pubs. If you are going to a game at Goodison or Anfield you can get a bus from Lime Street station (15 mins walk from the hotel) you need bus no 19, 21, or 23 that takes about 10 minutes and drops you pretty much right outside Goodison it cost us £3.80 for two of us one way. (You can get a return ticket from the bus station for £3.50).
Overall, a great city, a great hotel and will be stopping there again in the near future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank debskoston

Dear Kostonsontour

Thank you very much for your great comments about our hotel your review is very informative and helps potential guests with their future visits to Liverpool.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay, and hope you will return in the near future.

Thank you again.