“A Great Place to Eat and Chat!”
Review of Salt House Tapas

Salt House Tapas
Ranked #45 of 1,696 Restaurants in Liverpool
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Liverpool main bus station is around the corner.
Description: Modern, urban tapas joint set in the old Bishops residence, opposite John Lewis in L1.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“A Great Place to Eat and Chat!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I've had 2 meals now, and both were superb. Tapas it is, but not only Spanish, but twists on other small portions from around the block! Love the concept, and was, on first visit, a nice meal spent with our family. We had too much to eat, too much to drink, and missed the last train; Fantastic!
Second time was with friends before War of the Worlds, in December. Same great food, and service.
Would highly recommend, and I'm coming back soon!

Skelmersdale, United Kingdom
“Highly recommend”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Wow , thanks tripadvisor for pointing the way to this restaurant. the food was excellent. best tapas in Liverpool, almost as good as the real thing. Only fault was that the jamon serrano was cut too thickly, had it been cut as fine as the manchego then it would have been superb. the scallops were best ever, my husband had the mussels and the sauce was also the best , couldnt resist dipping most of my bread into it. Then the piece de resistance, the fillet, excellent !! as for the dessert ( shared) the meringue ... well cannot praise it highly enough. I had the Rose Sangria, beautiful and the strawberries in it made a lovely dessert for me.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank bluecellio
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Slow roast shoulder of lamb is simply Devine”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I went here with my two kids in early January. This is the second time I've been here and the tapas was even better than the first. We had a great selection of tapas but the high point was the slow roast shoulder of lamb on put lentils it was simply Devine. The chorizo in honey was also lovely. The staff here are friendly and helpful and I'm sure I'll go here again the next time I'm in Liverpool. The only minor gripe is the 50 pence charged for a jug of water. Although the money goes to the children's hospital it would be nice if they good give an indication of how much was donated in the last year.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank 57Billy
wigan
“Very Good”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Went for the 2nd time on Thursday lunchtime with some ladies for a catch up and some nice food. The food once again was excellent, the staff very attentive even though it was very busy, we ate from the lunch menu really good value, the chargrilled chicken with buckwheat and yoghurt was really tasty. Good food, good atmosphere ,good value.

1 Thank susipod
Anglesey Wales
“My favourite restaurant in Liverpool”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Visited last night for the fifth time. Food very good as always. The menu has changed since we were last there and the waitress said they do this every few months. My favourite this time was the fried Monte Enebrio goats cheese with honey and beetroot crisps. The sea bass was very good too. Our patatas bravas never arrived but appeared on the bill. There was no fuss and it was promptly removed.
The restaurant was very full but the tables so close together that people couldn't find a way through either to the toilet or to serve or to get in and out. Unluckily we looked like a good "passageway" and had people squeezing past our table (between the kitchen and the windows) all night . I very soon moved my coat which was on the back of my chair as it was being trodden on.
We were eating pre-show and weren't sure how long it would take. We booked and were seated for 5.30 and had actually finished eating by 6.15. The food came as it was prepared with cold items first .
We live 100 miles away from Liverpool but always look forward to visiting here.

1 Thank Frances J