Printworks Apartments
Ranked #17 of 114 Specialty Lodging in Liverpool
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed in the penthous apt which I think is basically overpriced for what it is. The location is great and the staff were brilliant. But the apartment is disappointing, very small for the 10 ppl it claims to sleep. Definitely lacks luxury. I would only stay here again if it was cheaper. Not close to being worth th £1000 we paid for 2nights.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Lisajg13

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here mid September before I had to go back to University and it was the perfect end to summer. Myself and 4 friends stayed in a two bedroom apartment. It was clean, reception were friendly and it's so close to town; perfect for nights out. It does get noisy at night with people around you and outside partying but as we were going out anyway it was never a problem :) the blinds were abit dodgy but nothing major! Would deffo stay here again! :)

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed on 14/09/2013 went to Everton Chelsea game .Great location clean rooms with lots of space will stay here again we i make my next trip to Liverpool Near to train station and Liverpool one with excellent bars and restaurants on the same road as apartments

• Stayed: September 2013
paul k, General Manager at Printworks Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate you taking the time to review.

Kind regards

Paul Kelly

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed at printworks apartments in march thos year. I was not sure what to expect as i had never stayed in an apartment before, but i was pleasantly surprised! We arrived early so went to reception to let them know that we were in the are and if we could park our car as it said they had limited parking! We were nicely welcomed there and told that we could park our car! Whilst my boyfriend was parking the car i was told that our room was in fact ready so we went to see it. I was nervous as the doors to the apartments were quite close together so i thought it might be a bit noisey...i was wrong. The apartment was amazing. It was better than what i was expecting!! It was so clean and the facilities in there was brilliant, more than i had hoped for! I was very pleased! And even thought there was a group of lads staying on the same floor as us we did not hear them during the night which is what i was abit concerned about! The only thing that i was not too keen on was the parking. Although it was very very secure there were only spaces for 2 or 3 cars to be parked comfortably. I think if there was a bigger car park it would be so mucb better bit i love the place! I have even been looking to come and stay at the end of november this year but the apartments are fully booked :(!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Jo L
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We have just returned from a 2 night stay at The Printworks Apartments and really enjoyed our stay! From the moment we got there to the moment we left we felt really welcomed by the staff. The guys in the reception office were really helpful with how to find the attractions and provided us with a map, offering to point us in the direction of anything we wanted or needed during our stay.

The apartment itself was modern and clean and provided us with exactly what we needed as our base to explore Liverpool. There were of couple of things that needed improving like the light fittings in the bathroom needed fixing and the bed could have been softer but these are just very minor things really! One thing to note is it can get noisy first thing in the morning as its directly behind a pub, so the bin men come along collecting the glass bottles and emptying the bins, so don't expect too much if a lie in! Not the end of the world for us as we wanted to be up and about to see the sites. It was in short and easy walking distance of all the main attractions and good restaurants and bars so all in all a great place to stay for a sight seeing trip to Liverpool.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2013

So a friend and I decided last minute to visit Liverpool, and we went to booking.com to see what apartments were available, PrintWorks had a nice review and we thought a luxury apartment would be fantastic! so we went ahead and booked it. (we didnt see the small print of the GBP200 Security deposit - our own fault, but this wasn't mentioned at all at check in either)

We arrived early, and I called whilst on the Manannan (boat) in the mersey, asking if I could check in early, I was told no. but when we got our bags off and got to Liverpool One, we decided we'd try to check in anyway. So this is what we did. We met John at the PrintWorks apartments and he seemed very friendly and sorted us out with a room, he mentioned we should've been staying in the Podworks hotel, but he moved us to the printworks as it was much quieter and better for us... We thought this was a kind gesture and in the middle of our conversation, he answered the phone and took a booking, so I awkwardly stood still in the reception waiting for him to take a booking and payment right infront of me.

Anyway, I let that slide and we checked in, he shown us how to use the security door and we went on up to the apartment, lovely surrounding corridor and downstairs, but the fun began when we opened the door to apartment one.

I had previously jested about the zesty orange sofa featured in some of the photos.... and look what stood before me. the ZESTY ORANGE SOFA :) even more hidious in real life!

So, I opened all of the doors to familiarise myself and my friend with what was where and we were unimpressed. I had recently visited Bridge Street apartments, and they were lovely, and seeing Luxury in the name of this place made me think it was going to be equal if not better!

So, lets take a tour.

Bathroom: 8 broken tiles, tap VERY loose at the slightest touch, only 1 out of 3 spotlights worked, and the extractor fan didn't work after trying every switch in the apartment.

Living Room/Kitchen: Dirty pans in the kitchen, the oven shelves were broke and the oven left unclean, the sofa as previously mentioned was bright (I understand this is a conflict of taste...) but it had black ink blotches all over it strategically hidden by cushions! it also had 2 false nails left for us too... The view was a derelict building and some graffiti and the TV remote was broken. Wallpaper was ripping off everywhere! and the heaters in the room looked like they were from 1990, the floor was dirty and so was the glasses and the sink and pretty much everything in the room.

Bedroom (single) had prison like windows but bedroom (double was fine) both clean, but very simple and plain with cardboard-like wardrobes.

We weren't happy and went to see john who just said that we got a good price, £260 for 2 nights, I thought it was a little pricey! but John said he'd get the maintenance man to sort, and that the cracked tiles were because of girls dropping their makeup on the floor, now unless a girl got angry and lashed every single item from the kitchen at the bathroom floor i doubt this would've been the case.

He did nothing and we were going out for dinner so I saw the Podworks and saw the 'soundproof' rooms advert. so I went inside and the staff were lovely, I asked to see a room and it was great! - I wish we could've moved back into there, but the lady said they were all booked, so it looks like john 'being nice' basically meant they mis-booked the rooms.

After that we came back at around 8 o clock and nothing had changed, lights still broken, and after i turned the extractor fan on in the kitchen it all of a sudden forced the bathroom into being lit! - magic!

The room was a tip.

I don't feel this should be sold as a luxury product at all because it isn't!

All of this seems similar to the review left by Cwji92 on July 25th

Room Tip: Stay at the podworks...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
16  Thank IsleOfManAlex
paul k, General Manager at Printworks Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Guest
Please let me take your review on a point to point basis.

1.The mention of the £200 security is ridiculous as it is stated when booking as is the norm for apartments in the city, some charge considerably more.

2. You were not asked for the security deposit as John perceived that it was necessary ..something that you would think you might have appreciated as it save your funds being held for up to4 /5 business days,

3.Check in time is 4pm and that is the time we state when guests call ahead. You were checked in early again due to John trying to be as helpful as he could and again something I would expect not be criticised for but thanked for.
4.You booked a 2 bedroom and apartment in the Printwork apartments not a POD room.
The Pod works Hotel is situated within the Printwork apartments. You made the mistake that John had misplaced you when he never. If you had bothered to investigate the Pod rooms you would of found that these are only suitable for 2 people and are about 9metre sq...
John is a honest,kind and considerate collegue and try's extremely hard to make all our guests feel welcome and and he only moved you to the apartment you went to so he could check you in early !

5.The orange sofa might not be to your taste but a lot of people love it..as do I.
Perhaps more traditional environment would of suited you better. The pic of the nail on the sofa was unfortunate and we apologise.
The orange sofa you refer to is in the picture on the web when you booked again like the security deposit mentioned earlier you must of missed it.

6.Bridgsreet apartment are of a higher quality and of a higher price about 40% on most nights..
7.£260 for a 2 bedroom apartment that can sleep up to 6 people for 2 night is a great price. Apartments are usually booked by more that 2 people and the apartment you booked can sleep up to 6 people. This would of worked our to £22 per person per night obviously if an apartment is booked for 2 people then it can seem expensive.

8.The extractor switch was actually the light switch.
Hence the light coming on !

Regards

Paul Kelly

Gen Mgr

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Apartment was tiny,nothing like pictures on web site,cracked floor tiled,bed sheets looked liked they'd been slept in,furniture dirty...it started at 2am what sounded like 20 or so 18-25 year olds coming in from a night out screaming,shouting,swearing by the time 5am came I opened the door and asked them to shut up I had kids asleep,really not a place to stay with family more 18-25 year olds who stay up all night eventually everything went quiet around 6.20am

• Stayed: August 2013