“Loved it!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Printworks Apartments

Printworks Apartments
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the printworks apartments with my friends for my birthday. The flats are beautiful, clean, spacious and comfortable. It was cheap, great location, guy on reception was helpful, no complaints from me! Wasn't rowdy at all.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank AnniW85
paul k, General Manager at Printworks Apartments, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Hi

Thank for taking the time and for the kind words

Paul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We have visited Liverpool 3 times in the past, this was our 4th. We always stayed in hotels. Having stayed at The Printworks, we will not be going back to a hotel! A couple of minutes to Concert Square for pubs and cubbing and literally 5 min walk to the centre for all the fantastic shopping Liverpool has to offer. Great value for money, friendly staff, warm comfortable spacious apartments with hair-dryer, all the stations on the tv, fridge, microwave.... everything you would need for a self catering stay whether its 1 night or a few. I think we paid £13 in a taxi from the airport. Definatly recommend these apartments to anyone going to Liverpool

Room Tip: Myself and my friend had a 2 bed apartment which could easily sleep 5 people
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review ,really appreciate taking the time.

See you soon

Kind regards

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is the first time I've ever written a review for anything but i felt i had to. This place is clearly aimed at the stag and hen night market and is of very poor standard even then. Do not consider coming with a family as we did as it is totally unsuitable. It is dirty (hairs in the bed, used towels in the cloakroom, smelly tea towel, dirty dishes, mouldy bathroom, dust and grime under furniture........), bedding and equipment is of v poor quality, and we didn't feel safe in the area. In fact I'm lying awake in the middle of the night with the guilt of subjecting my family to this place. Please do your research before coming, it is by far and away the worst place I've stayed. On the plus side it was cheap.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Janima
paul k, General Manager at Printworks Apartments, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am sorry your stay did not meet your expecatations, we do try our best to provide the best accomadation for the price in the city. We do have lots of differant guests who arrive in the city for numerous reasons and we like all accomadation in our city do have our fair share of party people.
We try our best to police our buildings and make sure that all guests are aware that parties are not allowed but it is immpossible to police that to a zero degree.
we apologise if you and your family felt threatened in any way.
We are opeing a new reception that will be open 24 hrs so should future guests have issues they can call to our recption.

Paul

Travelers are raving about these Liverpool hotels

Bath
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

This place is just absolutely awful and you need to look at all the reviews to get a real perspective. It is amazing how many people who claim to have stayed give it an 'Excellent' and yet they have made no other reviews. It's also amazing how many of them refer personally to the manager, who then posts a response, and takes up lots of space on TripAdvisor so you miss the really terrible reviews below. Most of the people who give it 'Terrible' have done multiple reviews and appear experienced. Judge for yourself. Basically, this place is a complete con. They advertise the fact that they have this amazing 'copper clad' building and it has an on- site chef and car parking service and free wi-fi and lots of other stuff. It is all lies. When you get there, they tell you the main building is booked out and you have to go to another site called 'The Dakota Building'. Check out the 'Dakota Building' because it is also featured on TripAdvisor. I have to say that the Dakota Building is the worst accommodation I have ever experienced in this country. It should be closed down immediately. I stayed there with my two sons and I was horrified. The apartments are so tiny you can hardly move. The problems are almost too many to mention so I will stick to the top ten: 1) There was not enough space to open the doors to the 'en- suite' bathroom and the suite was so small that the water splashed everywhere. This would not pass the Building Regulations. 2) There was unfinished building work everywhere. we stayed four months ago but i noticed when i was back in Liverpool that the building work is still going on. 3) The cooker didn't work...so all our food was wasted and even the fridge was bust. 4) There was a horrible smell of sewage throughout the apartment. It made us all feel sick. 5) The plumbing was all loose so that the taps were not fitted to the bath or basin. 6) The TV had no remote so you were stuck with just the preset channels. 7) There was building work going on from 8.00am onwards...not just knocking and banging but pneumatic drills that didn't stop. 8) There was nowhere to dress in private as the blinds were all broken and there were no curtains. 9) The shower was really dirty. 10) It is in a really decrepit street full of warehouses and factories. Check it out on Street View. It's reasonably close to Liverpool One but it is not in the city centre, it is in an industrial area and not a great place to walk back late at night. They specialise in stag and hen parties...which is great if you want to be kept up all night...but it is unsuitable for anyone else. Before you even think of staying here, do your research.

Room Tip: Choose anywhere else but here- they should not be allowed to operate.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Lily F
paul k, General Manager at Printworks Apartments, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review.
I would like to point out that you have e-mailed me prior to reviewing and the basic compalint you made was from the adjacent building being noisey and their guests were partying, I have explained that we are in the middle of a city and like all all citties we do have city noise and we cannot be held resposible for another building and thier guests.
I feel your review is not valid if compared with your e-mail..

Paul kelly
Ruthin, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

I very recently stayed at the apartments with my family as we were watching a show at the Echo arena. Its in a great location to access the city and to gain maximum potential from it's location. The rooms were basic but comfortable, the kitchen was basic but perfect for our needs. The staff were wonderful and very helpful. One man even helped with our bags from the car to the lift. The only negative point was the cleanliness, a bit dirty in the rooms, lounge/ kitchen. Mabye a quiet word in the cleaners ear should do the trick?!?

All in all a great stay and will be returning soon. Many thanks.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.
We try our very best to amke all our guests fell welcome and we are so happy you appreciated the extra help...(it was my son who helped you )

Have a great Christmas
and see you soon

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Having stayed in apartments in Manchester several times & enjoying the experience I decided for my companies night out to treat my staff & their partners to the experience of an apartment night out for our Xmas do.
I asked if I could check in earlier than stated to start cooking & was told yes, not a problem

I arrived in plenty of time & was shown to the Dakota building, it's a work in progress & as a business owner who's own business is a work on progress it's not a problem to me or my girls that everything isn't shiney & new when clearly things are being improved.
I hired two apartments sleeping six in each. I cooked using the ovens and found both apartments clean, tidy and well positioned.
We went out late and came back even later, access to the building was very secure.

The guys in the office were really helpful, funny & polite. The prices were reasonable & I would recommend the apartments for parties, hens, stags etc! I wouldn't recommend this type of stay in a major city for romantic breaks, we were there to party & celebrate as were many other people

As I have done this type of thing before I totally understand that the owners of the apartments cannot be held solely responsible for damages in the apartments, for instance the patio door handle was broken, is this the owners fault? No it's the stupid person who broke it & these things cannot be fixed in a 3 hour turn around for bookings so a little patience & understanding goes a long way!

I think you also need to be prepared to look after the place as if its your own, I always take a little kit with me like extra tea towels, antibacterial spray, salt, pepper, sauces, tea, coffee & sugar... you have to think outside the box if you are going to use the apartments to their full potential .... they are NOT hotels so don't expect to have the same type of experience as a hotel

Non of my staff had stayed in apartments instead of a hotel so I think we have 11 convertees to apartment stays over hotels

Thank you & we may well see you next Christmas

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
paul k, General Manager at Printworks Apartments, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our apartments and thank you so much for your comments.
Have a Happy Christmas and a great New Year...

Kind Regards

Paul Kelly
Gen Mgr
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Just back from a girly weekend at the print work apts. there was 7 of us staying in the apartment and they catered for us no problem. We stayed at the Dakota building and although some of the reviews say it's desperate this is all lies! We stayed for 3 nights and didn't have one problem anything we needed we got. The apartments were fab central to everything you need. We will definitely be returning. The manager Paul is brilliant also if you need anything give him a buzz ! Ill be seeing you guys again soon :-)

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Afhkals
paul k, General Manager at Printworks Apartments, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Hi Ladies,

Thank you for review and the comments you made, as always we always try our very best to make all our guest feel welcome and happy with the standard of accomadation.
See you all again soon