“Overall really nice place”

The Nadler Liverpool
Ranked #2 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I thought this was a really nice hotel. It's very tastefully restored and furnished. The area is quite noisy but the windows are triple glazed i think so you can't hear anything. The only small complaint i would have is that you cant open the windows so you invariably have to sleep with the air conditioning on so i got a bit of a dry sore throat, but that's my one and only small complaint. I would definitely return. The staff were really friendly, in particular Peter and Miguel. We arrived late on a Thursday night and were a bit peckish. We asked Peter would he know anywhere to get some food and as he was going out for food for himself, he even offered to get ours for us. We found them both to be genuinely nice, friendly guys and very professional, but at the same time not too formal. There were a few issues with our room cards not working but this may be down to the fact that it's a relatively new hotel and there are bound to be teething problems. As i said above though, I'd definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank SeanMcQ
Write a ReviewReviews (4,324)

Reviewed October 4, 2010

My husband and I went to Base2Stay a few weeks ago to enquire about rooms for our wedding. The woman at the front desk, Laura, was really nice and helpful and showed us all of the rooms we were interested in booking. We ended up booking the Double Room for the night before our wedding and then the Garden Suite for the wedding night.

We checked in the day before the wedding in to the Double Room which was cozy and comfortable. We loved the decor and the kitchenette served very useful for us. The morning after, we went back to the front desk at around 11:00am to check in to the Garden Suite and one of the ladies that were there automatically helped us get settled in to that room without us even having to ask. The Garden Suite is amazing! It has 2 floors along with a main bathroom and toilet with sink. The garden was absolutely gorgeous and, with the sun out that morning, it looked like a painting. After we checked out the room a bit, we went out to go get some things and stopped by the front desk to ask if they could order us 2 taxis to go to the ceremony. The taxis showed up exactly on time for both my husband and his best man and for me and my bridesmaid. When we got back to the hotel on our wedding night, the 2 men at the front desk wished us congratulations when we walked back to our room.

We had an amazing stay the whole 2 days we were there and everyone there helped to make our wedding day run smoothly while things were hectic. Thank you so much to everyone at Base2Stay Liverpool who helped make our day special! We will definently be coming back! :)

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank R_Meadz
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I have to say that I was really impressed with this hotel. Modern but different, and the location was fantastic. Less than 5 minutes walk to Liverpool one, nightlife, restaurants etc - it would be hard to find a better hotel.
Rooms were fab - clean, comfy and so quiet (even though on a Friday and Saturday night there is lots of noise outside).
Staff were welcoming and friendly - and always willing to help.
Overall, I highly recommend this hotel - I know where i'll be staying the next time I go back to Liverpool.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank mce79
Reviewed October 3, 2010

We only needed the room for 24 hours and this was perfect. Very contemporary room only hotel with exceptionally clean comfortable rooms. It's within easy walking distance of shops, the docks, pubs, clubs, the two cathedrals, in fact most things you would want to see as a visitor to Liverpool. There were quite a few bars and clubs around yet despite this there was no noise through the triple glazed windows (although to be honest I prefer one you can open). Additionally I must say we felt completely safe in the area even at midnight. I'd expected the streets to be full of detritus the following Saturday morning after all the Friday night clubbing but obviously the street cleaners had been out (and we hadn't heard them either!)

The check-in was efficient and very friendly, the security was great (even had to use our room fob to activate the lift) and I like the idea of 24 hour reception even though this is self catering accommodation. There is a large common lounge area with computers and 'coffee table' books.

The standard rooms although relatively small were more than adequate. Quality lined curtains at the window and nicely carpeted. There is individual heating/ac controls, a great wall mounted flat screen tv with good reception and free internet access, radio and very decent music library. Also wifi. Plenty hangers and very good hairdryer in wardrobe. Small but functional kitchen area behind sliding doors with complimentary Fair Trade tea and coffee. There is a microwave cooker and obviously crockery and cutlery (clean and sparkling - yay!)

There a many cafes around for your breakfast but if you want to eat in your room a local cafe will deliver your breakfast to the room within half an hour of ordering and it is very reasonably priced (leaflet in room).

Bathroom is a decent size nicely tiled with shower over full bath and glass shower screen. Ample nice white fluffy towels. Small bottles toiletries.

I think it's a reasonable price for quality city centre rooms even though it's only self catering.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank suelees
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Hotel is in an excellent location with super-friendly & helpful staff. I stayed in a double room on the fourth floor with a fantastic view of the docks. The room layout is really smart, especially the kitchen which was a welcome addition. Free WiFi was a bonus. I won't be staying anywhere else on future trips to Liverpool - seriously can't recommend this place highly enough!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank ldb85
Reviewed September 29, 2010

Luxurious and interesting.
I really rate this hotel. It's very central and the staff are really welcoming. The rooms are big and the beds are comfy. The best thing though is the look and feel of the place. It's a converted warehouse and there is lots of exposed brickwork, but also interesting lighting, adventurous art - even the lifts and doors feel like they have been carefully chosen to add to the ambience. Only downside- no food in the hotel, and while you can order some to arrive at your
room it's a bit of a hassle and pricy too. But I really liked base2stay and would definitely come back.

• Stayed: September 2010
4  Thank lkcLondon
b2smanager, General Manager at The Nadler Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2010

Dear ikcLondon,

Thank you for your five star review and valuable feedback following your stay, which I am pleased you enjoyed.

At base2stay, we strive to ensure our guests get value on all aspects of their visit. With this in mind, we have exclusive arrangements with breakfast and restaurants outlets where our guests can either go to have their breakfast or get it delivered for around £5. We also offer base2stay exclusive discount vouchers accepted by a wide range of well recommended restaurants, within walking distance of the hotel, where our guests can get up to 30% off their bill, offering value, choice and flexibility.

It sounds as if you were not made aware of the above during your stay, so we will review our procedures to ensure all our guests are informed of the many advantages on offer when they visit base2stay. We thank you for staying with us and for your great review, and look forward to welcoming you again.

Regards,

Gary Laird

Reviewed September 28, 2010

We liked this area a lot - it was like early Hoxton with a mix of music venues, bars, derelict old warehouses etc. We were told it was developing fast as a result of the interest shown during Capital of Culture year. It was packed on weekend nights - all friendly crowds - but we didn't hear a thing in the hotel - there's double glazing over the old windows. Other guests were quite young, some with clinking bags of bottles.

Our room was great, very well designed, with huge windows looking at the Liverpool skyline.

Breakfast was ordered in and the time-keeping was a bit unreliable. I'd probably go to a cafe another time. The discounts they offer on restaurants were great. Alma de Cuba - an absolutely beautiful converted church - is in the same road and does a Gospel brunch with a gospel group on Sundays which we really enjoyed.

Liverpool One shopping was very close and it was a 10 minute walk to Albert Dock.

The staff were all friendly but very much on front of desk. It felt almost like an apartment block.

I'm pleased we stayed here - it's an area I wouldn't have explored otherwise. And I'd stay again for a weekday break when it's quiet. At weekends, though, I'd stay in the Cultural Quarter another time - if only because I'm a bit middle-aged for the nightlife in this area!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple