“Liverpool has soul!!!”

Ranked #2 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
London NW6
“Liverpool has soul!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

i've found the perfect spot to stay just 10 minutes walk from Lime St Station. located in the Ropewalks quarter full of good bars & cafes & 5 minutes to brilliant shopping area. I loved Base2stay. I had a lovely double room bright & spotless with spacious bathroom (luxurious soft plump towels!!) and handy mini kitchen. The sun shone for 3 days running. The staff were sunny and helpful and attentive.
The area oozes atmosphere & is full of history, old converted warehouses & individual clubs & coffee shops.
I was pretty thrilled to find the Epstein theatre around the corner. Tate Liverpool is a must & Albert Dock area! also Liverpool has the largest Lush in the world.
perfect. can't wait to return in spring. same room please??

Room Tip: i had a nice view from the third floor & am planning to stay in the same room when i return
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank karenchilds100
Masuma A, Guest Relations Manager at The Nadler Liverpool, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
It makes our day when we receive fantastic reviews like this one - your enthusiasm for Liverpool is somewhat contagious! We look forward to seeing you return and we will try our very best to give you the same room and the same experience!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Baldock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I booked this hotel for value reasons mainly and did not have high expectations. However Base2stay was a very pleasant surprise. Great location near the heart of the city. Modern, stylish albeit compact rooms. The hotel is handsome almost boutique hotel in feel with bare brick walls inside, a tasteful renovation of an old building I imagine. Very friendly and efficient service. No bar/restaurant etc but given the location not an issue.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Richard K
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed just the one night at base2stay in Liverpool. It was booked by a third party so we weren't sure what to expect, but it was a wonderful experience. Located in an atmospheric part of the city, lots of bars and restaurants and not far from the docks, but slightly off the beaten track on a quiet street.

Staff were super friendly and helpful, the room and facilities were well thought out and nicely designed.

I'd thoroughly recommend it if you're having a weekend away. Probably not bad for a longer stay either.

Room Tip: Top floor was good, but as it's a conversion, taller folk might want lower floors.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank axel6699
Masuma A, Guest Relations Manager at The Nadler Liverpool, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I’m glad that in a short stay of one night we were able to show you a wonderful time. I hope that you will come back to Liverpool for a long stay and I’m sure you will then be able to confirm it’s worthwhile!
Nottingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Base2Stay is located just across from Liverpool One on Seel Street, please note Tom Tom’s are not aware of this road being blocked at the Hanover Street end.

The accommodation very comfortable but quite small but well designed, the wardrobes and kitchenette use shared doors, the windows are sealed and even with the air conditioning off, a fan seem to run continually.

The facilities are very good, the bathroom is lovely, the TV is great and the work desk is nice and very handy.

One note the shower temperature controls are reversed Hot is Cold etc.

Being city centre location, parking is a bit of a nightmare, the recommended car park is close’ish but very expensive even with the discount.

I would stay here again, but not with a car.

Room Tip: Single rooms are a bit too small for me.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I picked base2stay based on the trip advisor rating and reviews and was not disappointed.

We stayed as a present to my friend for his 22nd birthday, we decided to go away somewhere local for the weekend and I wanted it to be special so booked a studio room. I wish I hadn't forgotten my camera, the room itself was lovely, two floors - a living area on the ground floor with sofa, tv, kitchenette and bathroom with bath and shower, and then on the upper floor the bedroom, with a large bed and another flatscreen tv. I didn't think we'd use the kitchenette but it was great, it had a little fridge so we were able to store beer and drinks and all the cutlery provided was great for when we brought back Chinese food on one of the nights and for the breakfast in the mornings.

I cannot thank the hotel staff enough, I emailed in advance to let them know we were staying for a friends birthday and to inquire as to whether they had any additionally charged packages available to make it that little bit more special, I was told they didn't, and it would be something they would look into but was told usually any additional extras guest require can be purchased in advance and placed in the room. This was great, I requested balloons, banners and a cake. Having never made such requests before It took me a few emails back and forth to explain what I wanted but the staff were incredibly patient and helpful, they made sure they were clear on every little detail including how much i'd like to spend, where i'd like the items purchased from and what colour theme etc. A big thank you to Darren, Laura,Peter and the housekeeping team who all helped to make my requests possible, the room looked lovely and my friend was thrilled!

Upon arrival we were checked in quickly and the man behind the reception had clearly been informed of my requests as he was being very subtle about the charges when my friend was being nosey and wondered what I was paying for! The studio was on the ground floor and was beautifully decorated and furnished, unfortunately we'd been given two single beds instead of the double we requested. This was probably my fault as In the emails as I have in this review I referred to the guest staying with me as my 'friend'. The man behind reception was VERY apologetic and had a double bed made up for us straight away. I read in another review before staying that someone had ordered a double bed but been given two singles pushed together, this is what we had, and while I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I disagree with what they said, no, you could not feel a gap in between the two beds, not unless you were purposely looking for it - but hey, maybe we were just lucky?

I also read in a few reviews that other guests were not able to open their windows and that needing a key to access the front door of the hotel made it feel prison like. Again, I'd disagree, being on the ground floor, I was glad of the locked windows, it made me feel much safer and the temperature of the room could be reduced or increased as we wished so there was no real need for them to open anyway.

The hotel is literally a base to stay and does not have a restaurant or bar, however, the reception staff were incredibly helpful in directing us to the nearest Chinese takeaway when we decided we wanted sweet and sour chicken at gone midnight!

The overall experience and hotel was brilliant we had a fantastic weekend and I can think of very little faults, the rooms are slightly small, I expected the studio to be slightly bigger, as when we've stayed in suites at other hotels they've been huge, although we had more than enough space over the two floors and the layout was great, really cosy. If I were to be staying in Liverpool again I'd definitely book base 2 stay but would opt for the secret garden studio instead, the idea of my own little private garden is very appealing! I paid the extra for breakfast, which consisted of cereal, croissant with spreads and a yogurt, it was very filling but i'd probably find a cheaper alternative in the future.

Our room came with freeview television, wifi and the option to buy extra films at around £3 each which is an absolute bargain in comparison to a recent London hotel we stayed in which had the exact same TV services at £8 each!

Overall, great hotel great weekend and once again a big big big thank you to all the team for fulfilling my requests and being so patient with me. Thoroughly enjoyable weekend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

all ok guys on reception helpfull had a slightley bigger room this time all clean and ok wood be nice if they left a few more milks in the room also there was a conecting door to the next bedroom, so noise could be heard there should be sound deading foam put between these doors when not being used ,as said before a good central location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. We normally stay at the Hilton but this time thought we might have a change seen as base2stay was voted 1# hotel in Liverpool on trip advisor. The location is great although the street is very run down. Im not sure i would want to walk down the street at night by myself. The staff were lovely and very helpful. The room was a let-down. The little kitchenette is a great idea, and the bathroom was modern and clean, however the rest of the room could have done with some TLC. All the walls were scuffed, scratched and the carpet was covered with stains. The bed sheets had also seen better days. Im sure when the rooms were first done they were lovely; however there has clearly been no upkeep. We had to move rooms as the extractor fan in the bathroom never turned off, and as a light sleeper it drove me mad. I asked at reception how to turn the extractor fan off the next day, but i was told the fans do not turn off. We were moved to a larger room where the fan was still very loud, however because the room was larger the noise was distributed better. Due to this fact i would not use this hotel again.

Room Tip: If your a light sleeper, i would recommend a room in a different hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Liverpool, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your comments. You may recall we met when I heard your question in reception concerning the bathroom extract. As I explained, because of our triple glazing, our rooms can be unusually quiet for a city centre, so you might notice small sounds you’d otherwise ignore. The slight noise you heard was from the air pumped into the room and extracted via the bathroom to give a constant flow of fresh air even when the a/c is off. As your partner explained, you live in the country and are a very light sleeper, so are easily disturbed, and I am sorry that this occurred here. I am pleased that the complimentary upgrade provided some measure of relief. I note your comment on the condition of the room. We carry out an annual re-paint of all rooms, and we will take special note of your points.