“second stay”

Ranked #2 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Birmingham
“second stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

all ok guys on reception helpfull had a slightley bigger room this time all clean and ok wood be nice if they left a few more milks in the room also there was a conecting door to the next bedroom, so noise could be heard there should be sound deading foam put between these doors when not being used ,as said before a good central location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. We normally stay at the Hilton but this time thought we might have a change seen as base2stay was voted 1# hotel in Liverpool on trip advisor. The location is great although the street is very run down. Im not sure i would want to walk down the street at night by myself. The staff were lovely and very helpful. The room was a let-down. The little kitchenette is a great idea, and the bathroom was modern and clean, however the rest of the room could have done with some TLC. All the walls were scuffed, scratched and the carpet was covered with stains. The bed sheets had also seen better days. Im sure when the rooms were first done they were lovely; however there has clearly been no upkeep. We had to move rooms as the extractor fan in the bathroom never turned off, and as a light sleeper it drove me mad. I asked at reception how to turn the extractor fan off the next day, but i was told the fans do not turn off. We were moved to a larger room where the fan was still very loud, however because the room was larger the noise was distributed better. Due to this fact i would not use this hotel again.

Room Tip: If your a light sleeper, i would recommend a room in a different hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Liverpool, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your comments. You may recall we met when I heard your question in reception concerning the bathroom extract. As I explained, because of our triple glazing, our rooms can be unusually quiet for a city centre, so you might notice small sounds you’d otherwise ignore. The slight noise you heard was from the air pumped into the room and extracted via the bathroom to give a constant flow of fresh air even when the a/c is off. As your partner explained, you live in the country and are a very light sleeper, so are easily disturbed, and I am sorry that this occurred here. I am pleased that the complimentary upgrade provided some measure of relief. I note your comment on the condition of the room. We carry out an annual re-paint of all rooms, and we will take special note of your points.
coventry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Will start with the small downside, Seel Street looks very run down, but Basetostay is a lovely oasis, don't let the look of the street put you off. The hotel is very clean and modern. Check in was very efficient and the staff were very helpful. The hotel was very clean and well maintained. Our room was very well equipped, had everything we needed and more. Didn't want to get out of the shower in the mornings as it was fantastic, huge shower head....

Breakfast is brought to your room early evening to put into the fridge. You get a portion box of cereal, fresh milk, yoghurt, a type of Danish or pastry and a small bottle of juice. A lovely idea. A microwave, fridge, cutlery etc, all tastefully hidden behind a cupboard.

The location is perfect, just a very short walk to the town, Albert Docs etc, the town as very clean.

We very much enjoyed our stay at Base to Stay, would definitely go again. Highly recommended.

1 Thank pat69cov
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I found it a stylish, excellent value, welcoming hotel, less than 10 mins walk from the Playhouse Theatre, in a building and area full of character. My 5th floor single room had a great city view with the Mersey in the distance, spacious bed, elegant bathroom, good facilities for making a drink/storing my pot of breakfast yogurt, free no hassle wifi, space to work and lots of convenient power sockets. The room was quiet with not a sound from the surrounding area. I loved the fact that there are several green aspects such as easy recycling. The early morning staff fixed a taxi to pick up me up at 6.45am, The public areas have interesting art, fresh flowers and comfortable furniture and coffee on tap as well as a good range of info about local places of interest events etc which is how I found out about The Misanthrope on at the Playhouse - do go if you're in Liverpool before it closes on 9 March. The welcoming attitude of receptionist Laura, when I arrived back "been anywhere nice this evening?’" gave me the opportunity to talk which, as a solo traveller, is a lovely way to end the evening. It turned out that Robert (CEO) standing nearby is a theatre buff, which led to an enjoyable trawl through actors and plays we love and what is makes a good place to stay – hotel and city – etc etc. and on the second morning I had help in negotiating the coffee machine from Damian, who clearly enjoys coming to work. He also responded efficiently when I reported a that the shower hose was leaking slightly and was happy to answer my questions about the city. This rounded off a happy two night stay combining work and pleasure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Fran H
Masuma A, Guest Relations Manager at The Nadler Liverpool, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Hi Fran, thank you for your delightful review – it was a pleasure to read! It’s nice you noticed the green aspects of our hotel; being eco-friendly is a long-term commitment and being awarded the Green Tourism Gold is an accolade we are very proud of! By the sounds of it you were greeted by most of our Liverpool team, even our CEO Robert Nadler and it’s great to know that real conversation flowed beyond polite formalities. I hope your first enjoyable stay leads to a second in the near future!
Hartlepool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

This was a suprise trip booked by my boyfriend, I was pleasantly pleased with the choice he made. Ideal location from lime street station and liverpool central station. Within easy walking distance of Liverpool One, Albert Dock, sight seeing. Found the hotel staff very friendly and dealt with any issues we had. Didnt have the breakfast but plenty of places to eat out or self catering facilities in room came in handy. Wouldnt hesitate returning to the hotel after our enjoyable stay here.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Jo0711
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I chose this accommodation based on the fact that it was No 1 in Liverpool.
Don't get me wrong, the location is superb (2mins from Liverpool One, 10 mins gentle stroll from Albert Docks) but we were a little disappointed with the room.
It could have done with a bit of TLC. There were visible scuff marks on the walls, some plaster missing from the wall by the bathroom door and a lovely red stain on the carpet. I do hope the stain on my bed was a spilled cup of tea... The bedside cabinet could have done with replacing too as there were marks on it that had exposed the wood underneath the paintwork.
Positively though - bathroom lovely - shower great (had 4 showers in 2 days!)
We also opted for breakfast - excellent! It was brought up by 8.30pm and it was all self contained in a box - straight in the fridge. Well worth the extra money and the produce was from North Wales and all organic too from independent producers (except the Kellogs Cornflakes!)
As noted above, the location can't be faulted. Would I recommend? Yes but only because of the location.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank TheMusic
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Styed in base2 stay one night only! You couldn't beat £54 for the room only ! A few things you would need to know
1. Ask for a room overlooking the yard since the hotel is. In the middle of bar and restaurant area and despite triple glazing at week ends it might become noisy innthe early hours if you see what I mean
2. Dont go for their breakfast since it is delivered the night before in your room - there is a mini kitchenette in the room - places arpund the hotel open at 10am or go to the Tesco next door. Where you can buy your fruits and yoghurts
3. Be prepared this. Is a hotel but the staff is not well trained so they would rather answer telephone calls than meet your query at the front desk...just be patient...you re on hols no?
4. Everything. Is walkable. In Liverpool so you re never far the Tate or Liverpoool One
5. Next door is. FACT with a fabulous Cinema room
6.walls are paper thin so ask for a room with no door leading with room next door unless ypu have a creepy mind!

1 Thank Marcdegueurce
Masuma A, Guest Relations Manager at The Nadler Liverpool, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Your comments have been taken on board and I would like to address each one.

1.With such a central location there is always a risk of external noise. Liverpool is a city that never sleeps – especially on the weekends. However, our triple glazing is there to make sure noise from outside stays outside and we also liaise with local restaurants and clubs to ensure minimum noise and acceptable guest conduct.
2.There are an abundance of places nearby for breakfast, which are listed in our directory – some offer exclusive discounts. However, if you want convenience and peace of mind that you won’t be disturbed or kept waiting in the morning then a base2stay breakfast is perfect.
3.I’m surprised and a little disappointed that you were not shown our usual excellent customer service. I do apologise and I will make sure this is addressed with the team.
4.Liverpool is a great city to walk around and base2stay is so central that anywhere is an effortless journey.
5.We also love FACT who are one of our partners.
6.Our walls are highly insulated. However, you were in one of our bedrooms with an adjoining door and it’s possible that the adjoining door to the neighbouring room had not been locked properly. I apologise for any discomfort and I will investigate.

I hope that you had an overall enjoyable experience and you will visit us again.