“Great hotel”

Ranked #2 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Oakland, California
“Great hotel”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Location is excellent - a few minutes walk from Lime Street station. few minutes to downtown and Albert dock. Tons of bars and clubs around, yet hotel itself is in a quiet alley, so no noise right next to it.
Walls are a bit thin, so you can hear people coming and going at all times... Hotel is very modern, amenities are top-notch.
Staff was absolutely great. Sorted out the mix-up with reservation quickly and had answers to any questions I had. They really know Liverpool, and seem all to be from around Merseyside.
Will totally stay there next time I'm in Liverpool.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank A78

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (597)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2012

great location right next to the square with all the bars, so great hotel for groups and couples, but also great for family as smack bang in center and nice peaceful hotel, v.friendly and helpfull staff. nice cosy room, v.comfy bed and no noise from outside at all as sound proof.
had a fantastic weekend, and i would defenetly recommend staying here, i know i will again next time i visit liverpool. :-)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Diana T
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I absolutely loved my 2 night stay at B2S. From the beginning, staff were nice and helpful. Check in was four hours after i arrived but staff gave me map of area and highlighted some places i could visit. They also took my luggage into storage. After check in i was led to a clean, well equipped and comfortable room i have only seen in some hotels which cost way more than the 50 quid per night i paid here. The hotel is in a very central location with plenty of bars takeouts and restaurants around. Tesco is 30 sec walk away and liverpool one centre is a minute away. Excellent location. I checked out in middleof nightand there was a taxi waiting for me. Absolutely loved everything about this hotel, will certainly stay here again. And also, damian at reception is an exceptionally nice and helpful person. Kudos base2stay liverpool for such a great experience! Cheers!

• Stayed February 2012
5 Thank Travelleroftheworld1
Blackburn, Lancs
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Just returned from a hen party and we booked x3 Gallery Rooms. The rooms were clean and modern and the staff were very helpful. The apartments are right near Concert Square where all the bars are but far enough away so you are not woken by any noise. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2012
4 Thank Lesley-Anne S
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I stayed here in a single room and I thought it was brilliant. I had a comfy bed which was single but large for a single. The bathroom was nice and I had a little kitchenette. There was also a TV which allows access to the internet, games and films as well as TV programmes. Both the hotel and the room were clean. This place is plain but stylish. EXCELLENT value for money...they could get away with charging more I think. Great central location. I see that some of the reviews below comment that the service is poor. I can't really comment on this as apart from checking in and out I hardly saw the staff as I was out all the time, spending very little time in the hotel.

I thought this was a great place to stay. Nice for a weekend away and I would recommend it to those on business too. It was nice to get a little room to myself at a good price... instead of suffering high prices for travelling alone!

I would definitely stay here again and I may stay at their hotel in Kensington next time I go to London. I hope they expand further, I think they could do well in many cities!

Room Tip: I had no problems with my room... it was very quiet. However be careful when you book because Base2s...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank CharryM
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Hotel very difficult to find, reception staff were not very helpful when contacted. Albeit close to immenities which was good. The room was very small and certainly not suitable for young families. Kitchen was in a wardrobe. When making original ooking over the phone details were taken down incorrectly only one night, but no confirmation was ever received. The rates were different to what I was told, which I wrote down.

Room Tip: Not ideal for famillies
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Karin B
b2smanager, General Manager at The Nadler Liverpool, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Thank you for your review. I have carried out a thorough investigation and conclude that there seems to be a misunderstanding, as I have all the relevant paperwork including your signed registration form and confirmation stating that you had only booked 1 night stay at base2stay at the rate paid for. When finding that your luggage was still in the room after the first night, my manager managed to call you, and then even though you had no booking in place for the 2nd night and she managed on what was our busiest night of the month to move other people around the hotel to accommodate you.

I note you thought our gallery was small. These rooms are over 30 sq.m. on 2 levels and generally popular with families or groups of friend. However I appreciate that your views will be based on the size of hotel rooms you are used to. There are a number of photos of our mini-kitchens on our website, and we are always happy to answer questions about our facilities. I am also disappointed that you did not receive the booking confirmation, and we will review our systems to ensure this isn’t a problem at our end, and again I offer my apologies as we have clearly not met the high standards we set ourselves in your eyes.

Regards
GM
Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I can't say enough good things about this place. The hotel itself is chic, sleek and modern. It's really well located - an easy walk to everywhere. The front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful. My room (albeit small) was very well appointed -- everything seemed crisp, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was (small but) really nice, clean and new. Can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo