Aloft Liverpool(Liverpool)
$146
$188
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Heywood House Hotel(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
$209
$341
$323
Official Site
4,664 results
All reviewsmini kitchensmall kitchenetteconcert squarefree wifibars and restaurantsbold streetconverted warehousesingle roomwithin walking distancecentral locationminute walkdiscount voucheralbert dockwould definitely stay here againq parkexcellent locationthe heart of the city
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We stayed here for a family get-together weekend. The hotel itself is very comfortable, well appointed, and an interesting conversion of an old warehouse. I stayed in a single room, which I was quite happy with. Good bed, tv, and excellent shower facilities. Also nice to be able to make tea and coffee in the room when wanted.

It is very centrally located for anything you might want to do in Liverpool. The area around the hotel itself is popular with large numbers of stag and hen parties, being in the nightclub part of the city. But we found the rooms well soundproofed so no problems with noise. And the hotel itself is very well run.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank erebus
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Overall, I was really impressed with my whole experience at base2stay, and would highly recommend this as a venue for anyone visitinf central Liverpool - however as always, there is some room for improvement

Booking
I wanted to spend 2 nights at base2stay whilst visiting Liverpool for a college reunion at the Adelphi. I had left it too late to get a room at the Adelphi, and used Trip Advisor to help locate another venue. Was delighted to find that the number 1 hotel on the site was available. I was even more impressed that if I booked it on the base2stay website I would get a 10% discount - but to get the discount I had to phone the hotel. I had checked using the links of Trip Advisor and at least 5 other sites, such as Hotel.com etc, were all showing availability. However with the 10% discount, booking direct with base2stay was the best value.

However, when I phoned the hotel, I was advised that there was no availability left on the dates I wanted. I expressed my amazement at this, explaining that not only their website but other websites were showing availability. The receptionist said he would speak to his manager and phone me back. A few minutes later he indeed phoned me back, apologised for the inconvenience and said that the hotel would accept my booking.

So - things to improve- make sure the website is up-to-date in terms of availability. However full marks to the hotel and the receptionist, who didn't make a "computer says no" response, but rather dealt with the issue in a positive manner.

My stay

On arrival at the hotel the booking in process was very straight forward. The receptionist explained the slight vagriancies of having to use the keycard to use the lift etc. He has extremely helpful in giving me a map and showing me some of the sights to see - it was over 25 years since I had been in Liverpool and clearly a lot had changed.

When I got to my room I was very impressed. Although small, it was perfect for my needs. A large single bed, flat screen TV, internet access etc. The small kitchenette area was excellent. For someone who likes my own independence for meals, it was really ideal to have a fridge large enough to store food, milk, wine and to be able to plan my own breakfast. With a wide choice of shops nearby - from small independents to Tesco and M&S - was very easy to stock up.

Having access to internet was really important for me. Slight niggle that the instructions in the information file about getting started with Wi-Fi (i.e. needing a non-existent code that was supposed to be on the welcome letter) and the instructions on the desk did not agree. However common sense prevailed. TV was great - however could not work out how to use the keyboard to control the TV - ended up using the trusty remote (might be showing my age).

Slight grumbles

- air conditioning got too cold - did not bear any correaltion to the temperature on the control. However I simply turned it off when it was too cold.
- inside door of teh wardrobe rubbed against my black jacket - did not notice until I was about to leave, as it had been so warm that I did not wear my jacket. However the whole sleeve was coated in white, which did not come off even with using a damp cloth.

Checkout

Knowing that my train from Lime Street was not going to be until almost 4pm, I requested a late check-out on my day of departure. I had hoped to do some more sight seeing and then come back and freshen-up and change before leaving. However was surprised to be told that whilst check-out could be extended from 11am to noon free of charge, thereafter it would be £15 per hour. I have to say that i find this excessive. I can understand if the hotel is busy, and the response is that there is no availability.But where there is availability but charge this hefty rate is, in my view, excessive. The receptionist also did not mention at all the availability of the "Departure Base" - which I have only just discovered by looking on the website to check some facts!.

But to be honest - this turned out to be a fairly minor issue.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank carton
b2smanager, Manager at The Nadler Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2011

Dear Carton,

Thank you for your recent review of base2stay Liverpool, I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I have noted your comments regarding the difficulty that you had booking the room: the advance purchase rate is only available to book no later than 7 days prior to arrival, so please accept my apologies for any confusion with regards to rate availability. We have now introduced the advanced purchase rate onto our website so you are able to book online.

I was very pleased to read that you had the opportunity to make use of the kitchenette in your room, they are ideal for planning your own breakfast and, as you say, with a such a wide choice of shops within a few minute’s walk, is perfect for stocking up on all the essentials.
I have also noted the difficulties that you encountered with the Wi-Fi and I am currently reviewing the instructions that are provided in the room, I will also investigate the issue of the air conditioning, which should be fully controllable, I have spoken with the housekeeping team regarding the marks that appeared on you jacket. I will ensure that measures are put into place to avoid similar situations occurring.

I am very sorry that reception omitted to inform you of our “arrival and departure base”. It’s an ideal option at £10.00 per hour for guests wanting to just freshen up before they depart, or on an early arrival. For those guests who wish to extend their departure time in their own room, there is an additional charge of £15.00 per hour, but I was pleased that our reception team extended your check out time to 12.00 noon at no additional charge on this occasion.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to base2stay Liverpool in the near future and once again thank you for your comments - constructive feedback from our guests is invaluable to us.

Andrea Burton

Reviewed July 4, 2011

This hotel was modern, spotless and stylish.

We were just hear for a quick stop over on the way to somewhere else but we were pleased with what we found. We had a good nights sleep although it was a Friday and there was some noise from a nearby nightclub. I sleep with ear plugs but had I not had them it might have been a bit of a problem. Maybe ask for a room on the right hand side of the hotel and not near the front. It didn't spoil our stay but worth bearing in mind.

Great little kitchette that we used to make tea and porridge with in the morning - and a lovely bathroom too with bath and shower.

The hotel was in a fantastic location for a weekend break in Liverpool but due to all the one way systems in the city it was a NIGHTMARE to find. We spent an hour driving round trying to find it! The Sat Nav just couldn't cope - I would ring for directions if you get lost.

Good value for money though. Would stay again :-)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amy_Lea_10
b2smanager, Manager at The Nadler Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2011

Dear Amy_lea_10,

Thank you for your wonderful review of base2stay. As you have mentioned, the hotel is in a fantastic location and is central to all the local amenities in the city, which has proved to be very popular with our guests. Like most city centre locations, this also means that the occasional noise is inevitable and I am pleased that your sleep was not disturbed.

I was sorry to read that you found it difficult to locate base2stay. Seel Street has recently been designated one way, so for the benefit of other readers, here are some driving directions - Head for Hanover Street, to the south-west of Liverpool One shopping Centre. To access Seel Street from Hanover Street, turn into Gradwell Street off Hanover Street, then turn left around the back of the Q-Park car-park, and right into Seel Street. base2stay is 100 meters on your left after the junction with Concert Street.Please note that the new road linking Gradwell Street and Seel Street around the back of the car-park does not yet appear on Google Maps.

I look forward to welcoming you back to base2stay Liverpool in the near future.

Andrea Burton

Reviewed July 4, 2011

A great place to stay. Centrally located. Easy walk to Albert Dock and Cavern Club. Modern, great amenities including kitchenette. Very clean, excellent service.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank kmiller4
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I was looking for a hotel that would be close to everything yet not too expensive. Base2Stay had come up as an option, however, when I checked online, the room size that would've suited us best didn't come up as an option. So I sent an e-mail asking if by any chance the desired room was available. I was surprised to have the manager, Andrea Burton, actually respond. After e-mail tag, I got the requested room. But they didn't just take my reservation, they went several steps further. I mentioned places that we were interested in visiting so they helped by providing a suggested itenerary. When the adapter we brought to use in England didn't work, they provided detailed directions to the electronics store to buy the adapter needed. The front desk staff went above and beyond to ensure we got to the places we wanted to get to. But enough about the service which was definitely 4 star worthy. The room was loft style and each person had their own comfortable bed. The design was sleek and modern. And the bathrooms, oh my! The lobby was uber cool with an espresso machine available to make a fresh cup any time which we did while logged on to the two computers made available for the guests' use. They did not have kitchen facilities but they made arrangements with several area restaurants to provide discounts which we took advantage of. After our stay at the Liverpool location, I really regretted that they did not have rooms available for our London leg of the trip. In fact they spoiled us as the 2 subsequent hotels weren't quite Base2Stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family