“A bit pretentious and 'chainy'”
Review of Jamie's Italian

Jamie's Italian
Ranked #256 of 1,707 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Liverpool
Description: JAMIE'S ITALIAN LIVERPOOL A partnership between Jamie Oliver and his Italian mentor, chef Gennaro Contaldo, Jamie's Italian has won thousands of fans for its delicious and affordable food since launching their first restaurant in Oxford in May 2008. The Jamie's Italian menu is based on dishes you'd find people eating all over Italy, made with care but delivered without fuss. The family-friendly restaurants are all about serving up rustic, Italian food made using the best possible ingredients, plus fresh pasta that's made on-site every day, and an award-winning children's menu, too. Situated in the bustling Liverpool One shopping centre, Jamie's Italian Liverpool has something for everyone. When the sun is out, relax after an afternoon of shopping in our outside dining area and in the cooler weather, sit upstairs in a cosy corner by the window and watch the world go by. The restaurant also boasts an upstairs area which is the perfect place to celebrate special occasions as whole areas can be reserved for up to 50 people. Don't forget to visit the beautiful little deli shop on your way out where they sell a variety of amazing products for you to take away.
“A bit pretentious and 'chainy'”
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

We drove from leeds to stay overnight in liverpool. We took this opportunity to visit as we were looking forward to experience Jamies food .We viewed the menu online and both of us knew we were having steak. It was a monday night and fairly quiet. We ordered and after 10 minutes the waiter returned and told us there was no steak!! Gutted. We were really looking forward to this as neither of us have had a steak in months, and where could we be guaranteed a delicious steak? Well Jamie not at your restaurant I'm afraid! We considered leaving but the hassle of finding somewhere at 9pm after we had got settled was unappealing. The waiter apologised and offered to just charge us for the 2 glasses of wine we had and not the full bottle. We decided to stay.

My mushroom starter arrived while we had another look at the menu. After enquiring if the sauce on the mixed grill could be put on the side, which it could, I ordered it while my wife ordered the seabass. No seabass!! At this stage the waiter informed us there was also no salmon. Ok so lets look at the menu for the 3rd time. We felt it may have been easier to find out what they did have before ordering.

My wife chose the prosciutto salad. The meals came, my sauce on the side was not in the side! But you know at this stage nothing was surprising me. Luckily however it was not overbearing on the dish but that was not the point. Both meals tasted fine but neither were what we wanted. Tirimisu was delicious and the espresso was excellent. The decor was ok if a little shabby just for the trendy sake of it. There were some lovely wooden tables which would have been nice sit on with a candle for romantic effect but we were sat by the window on a stainless steel table and plastic chairs -an almost exstinguished tea light was put on the table for us to hep the mood but it gave up after 5 minutes. Overall a very dissappointing evening which was further reflected on the bill. Not a penny off for any of the issues and it was not a case of the staff not being aware, on the contrary, they acknowledged the issues with the steaks, seabass and sauce yet that was it! We do not go out with the intention of trying to get money off but the gesture of a complimentary coffee or something would have been appropriate.

I think when a customer is shown to their table at the beginning of their evening then that is precisely the right time to inform the customer what is not available and not 2 minutes before the starter arrives.

The staff were very friendly and informative regarding the menu and wine list but overall a dissapointing experience which I doubt we will repeat.

1 Thank Studiobabel

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Droitwich, United Kingdom
“Good quality and value”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Nice food in an 'italian style', but definitely not like 'any other average Italian restaurant' (see a previous review), well presented, reasonable prices (house wine good value) and efficient service.

• Visited January 2013
UK
“Really very good”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Good food, good and friendly service. Fairly priced (not cheap).
It was a little noisy, and some items (fish mostly) were off the menu when we were there.

Visited December 2012
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
“Overpriced”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Just like any other average Italian restaurant - don't be fooled by the name! I went there once and never been back again, and I never intend on returning. Although the atmosphere and everything was great, for the portion size I felt it was definitely overpriced.

Clitheroe, United Kingdom
“Creative menu, amazing food and top notch service.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I really can't fault this place. The service is impeccable, the food is incredible and the ambiance is superb. The menu is the real draw though. I've honestly never seen one so creative. It's all clearly fresh food with honest, relative healthy ingredients. It all sounds great, but it's so new and interesting that browsing the menu and choosing something is half the fun. Make sure you allow time for that. You'll need it! If I was going for lunch I'd order a range of starters, tapas style so I could try a few dishes. Great place!