“Style over substance”

Jamie's Italian
Ranked #253 of 1,679 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Central Liverpool
Description: JAMIE'S ITALIAN LIVERPOOL A partnership between Jamie Oliver and his Italian mentor, chef Gennaro Contaldo, Jamie's Italian has won thousands of fans for its delicious and affordable food since launching their first restaurant in Oxford in May 2008. The Jamie's Italian menu is based on dishes you'd find people eating all over Italy, made with care but delivered without fuss. The family-friendly restaurants are all about serving up rustic, Italian food made using the best possible ingredients, plus fresh pasta that's made on-site every day, and an award-winning children's menu, too. Situated in the bustling Liverpool One shopping centre, Jamie's Italian Liverpool has something for everyone. When the sun is out, relax after an afternoon of shopping in our outside dining area and in the cooler weather, sit upstairs in a cosy corner by the window and watch the world go by. The restaurant also boasts an upstairs area which is the perfect place to celebrate special occasions as whole areas can be reserved for up to 50 people. Don't forget to visit the beautiful little deli shop on your way out where they sell a variety of amazing products for you to take away.
England
“Style over substance”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

Thought I would give Jamie's chain a whirl and on entering the restaurant was initially impressed. Friendly helpful staff and nice decor. Looking at the menu I was quite excited as it seemed very different from the standard Italian so I had high hopes. Sadly the quality and quantity of the food left much to be desired and ultimately left disappointed and desperate for something to eat. The are many better Italian restaurants in the city. And many that offer much better value.

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“It was okay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I can't give this 5 stars as I felt it was over rated. I noticed when I walked in there were specials but they were not given tro me as options when I ordered. I don't feel I would go again but glad I did. Everybody has a different oppinion.

Visited January 2013
Newcastle under Lyme, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

The staff, the atmosphere, and the all important food were absolutely fabulous! My husband and I had been before but returned hoping that the fabulous food was not a fluke. IT WASN'T. We spent a wonderful two and a half hours eating at our leisure. We weren't rushed or made to feel like we were hogging a table. It was like a like bit of Italy in sunny Liverpool.
we will certainly be going again!

• Visited January 2013
Review collected in partnership with IKnowUK

Wirral
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Have eaten at Jamie's Italian twice now and each time the service has been prompt, the staff have been friendly, the food has been well presented and delicious. Good value for money.

“Absolutely delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

WOW! What an experience, went last night and it was so much nicer than I expected! I've heard people say that the one in Edinburgh wasn't very nice so was a bit sceptical but honestly it was amazing! Staff were very friendly, food was very well priced (average £12 a main) I got the nachos for starter but they weren't nachos they were like dough ravioli stuffed with pumpkin and cheese with a tomato relish and it was spectacular! Then the burger for main which was Scrummy and then brownie for desert (I had to go all out!) it was just brilliant and easy to find and the decor itself was lovely