“Hope Street historical tour”
Review of Shiverpool

Auld City and The Dead House Tour
Ranked #4 of 66 Tours in Liverpool
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Shiverpool is Liverpool's original and most famous theatrically led ghost and history tour company, exploring the city's most famous locations and revealing their hidden histories and mysteries.
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I am the Project Manager for a Home Office sponsored programme helping international women, who are recent arrivals to the UK, to integrate. We decided that Shiverpool was an excellent way to get useful and historical information about central Liverpool across in a fun and easy to digest way.
The session started with an informative workshop that made sure that the women were familiar with the vocabulary that was going to be used on the tour. this was in a classroom setting, but informal and delivered in an enjoyable way.
The workshop was followed by a tour of the Hope Street area, where Blackburne House is based, and enabled the women to get a historical perspective and greater understanding of the area whilst being thoroughly entertained by the dramatic and light-hearted style of the Shiverpool company.
They found the experience immensely enjoyable and absorbed the information far better than they would have from just having a lesson on the subject.
Shiverpool is now firmly on the programme, and our ESOL tutor, from our other Home Office sponsored programme is keen to incorporate a talk/tour from Shiverpool for her students.
The whole process was easy to organise and I was delighted how easy it was to get Shiverpool to customise a tour especially to meet the needs of our students.

1  Thank LesleyReith1
There are newer reviews for Shiverpool

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Well worth the wait brilliant as you did not know were the next fright was coming from.Definately book next year.

1  Thank Digsyw1964
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Scarewood forest, had an hour wait but boy was it worth it. The best thing about the night you didn't know what was coming or where it was coming from, fright night best scare night I have ever had. Can't wait till next yr guys don't know how you will top it. Best Halloween night by far. My friends are all still buzzing after such a memorable night. So realistic thanks Shiverpool.

1  Thank Anita J
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have done a few of the Shiverpool tours so thought it would be a great alternative to a halloween party for my teenage daughters and their friends. It didnt disappoint and the girls loved it, more because the guide made a fuss of them I think. Wrap up warm and wear good walking shoes is my advice. My only complaint was the hassle trying to get confirmation once I'd booked (over the phone) took several phone calls and emails to get the confirmation required which was disappointing. Was promised gift vouchers for the inconvenience but as yet still not received so not holding my breath!!!!

1  Thank Lesley M
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Who dares to come out alive from the shiverpool experience on the 31st October on Halloween night. my good friends ,and i when around the very Haunted street of old Liverpool last night with two mysterious tour guides going back from centuries ago from far back has to say 16.42 to 17.52? we have never seen them before, and felt very uncomfortable in there presence. they showd through the dark abyss telling us chilling story. then suddenly we all heard a loud scream in st james cemertry then we all new are fate and i was one of the unlucky ones never to return?

james patrick Dempsey - 1969 to 2012 RIP.

1  Thank James M