“Superior room superior service”

Heywood House Hotel
Ranked #17 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Northampton
“Superior room superior service”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Booked a 'superior room' to guarantee a bath. The room was excellent, tastefully decorated with a good size bath and powerful shower in the ensuite. Staff were friendly and helpful. Some problems with the wi-fi and no food being served whilst dining facilities are being refurbished. This was not really a problem as there are several cafes and restaurants within a five minute walk. Hotel well located for the city centre.

Room Tip: Worth paying the little extra for a superior room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Richard W
HeywoodHH, Front Office Manager at Heywood House Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave such detailed and positive feedback on Heywood House. I am delighted to read that you found your room to your liking and the services offered within in. I am also pleased that you had a positive experience with our staff and would like to thank you also for being understanding whilst we are currently operating as a room only hotel, utilising our ideal location for all the restaurants within 5 minutes of the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I would like to say a big thank you to James May who looked after us during our stay. I called him when we were lost coming into Liverpool, he stayed on the phone and directed us right to the front door of the hotel. Upon check in he greeted us with such a friendly, welcoming smile. When we were ready to explore the city he give us great information as where to eat out etc. Our room was beautiful. I have been telling all my friends about this lovely hotel and I will be returning to stay there again soon :-) great customer service, thank you.

Room Tip: If you smoke book a room with a balcony :-)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank weeruth1
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on Heywood House. I am pleased to read that you had a positive experience with our staff and our customer service has been noted. Thank you also for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
preston
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed this weekend as a family in two rooms, 110 and 214. 110 was a large twin, 214 a small double with only a shower.

Whilst the hotel was beautifully decorated it was unfortunately right next to a pub called the Slaughter House and this put me right off. When we got back from our night out the front door was locked which meant we had to stand outside whilst waiting for the night porter.

The pub was blasting out live music. This continued until 1am so not a fantastic nights sleep.

I dont quite understand why hotel is such a high ranking as it is because of its location and the noise problem.

Im sure the hotel would be fine for party people who are out till the early hours any way.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank scarlett65Preston
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on Heywood House for your recent visit. I would like to apologise to you, that on this occasion you were disturbed by noise. As a city centre hotel, we have limited control over noise outside of our building, however the hotel has been built purposely to minimise noise as much as possible and it is rare that we receive any complaints regarding this. We would love for you to give us another try, and I would encourage you to call our reception team with any concerns or questions you may have.
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Having read the reviews and its ranking on here thought this would be really special.

Disappointed with room ..!!!!

Do not stay in room 108 very small ...!!! Although clean !!!

Great location but that's as far as it goes !!!

Shame really as was supposed to be a special birthday celebration.....

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 108 . Not sure if we got this room as we booked through discount site . Dark...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank j800lse
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read that our hotel did not meet your expectations and you were disappointed with your room. Each room is allocated at random to a guest, although we do endeavour as best as we’re able to accommodate any special requests made by guests in terms of floor level, size etc. I do hope that you give us another try in the future, and to call our Reception Team beforehand with any concerns you may have.
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in one of the balcony rooms for my partners birthday night. We loved the room it was very cosy. It had everything we wanted. And the shower was great. There are lots of places to go around the hotel it's right in the middle of the city. The staff where great, this was shown after we had stayed in the hotel. Somehow I left my iPad in the room. I rang when I got home and it was there. How cleaning had found it and handed it in. So they then posted it to me and it came he next day. Very happy with the service. Will use this hotel again. Great find.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gareth B
HeywoodHH, Front Office Manager at Heywood House Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for choosing Heywood House to celebrate your partners special occasion recently. I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable experience with us and found the location and services offered ideal for your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Hampshire, England
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Well what a wonderful small hotel this is. Staff were just lovely and extremely helpful - nothing was too much trouble. Room was smallish but really beautiful and extremely clean with everything provided as you would expect in a much larger more expensive hotel. Location was perfect too. Everything we wanted to do and see was within a short walk. Really nice restaurants, pubs and cafes just round the corner, could not have been easier! I would definately return to this hotel if I visit Liverpool again. It was terrific value for money. Thank you to all the staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank welltravelled92
! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent visit to Liverpool and your stay at Heywood House. I have passed your feedback onto your team and I am delighted to read that you had a positive experience with them. Liverpool is such a vibrant, constant growing city and has so much more to offer, I look forward to welcoming you back in future to experience this.
Halesowen, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We spent Thursday night here, we were visiting Liverpool to see the Lion King show. The hotel is in a nice building. the location is great with everything you need just a few minutes walk away.

Rooms:
Spotlessly clean and clearly recently decorated. Everything is finished to a very high quality. The bed gave a very good nights sleep. Decent size, we couldn't fault the room.

We would certainly recommend this hotel. There are no breakfast facilities but it is a nice touch that they have a coffee machine and free muffin's in reception each morning.

Overall - very impressed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JohnCarter
I am delighted to find that overall you were left feeling very impressed with our hotel. I’d like to thank you for the recommendation and I hope that we can welcome you back in the future.