“WE HAVE FOUND OUR BOLTHOLE IN LIVERPOOL”

Heywood House Hotel
Ranked #17 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Llanfairfechan, United Kingdom
“WE HAVE FOUND OUR BOLTHOLE IN LIVERPOOL”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

My husband and I had a relaxing night in Liverpool at Heywood House. Our standard double room was lovely and welcoming, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was spotless with a great power shower and although I think the hotel was full we were not disturbed by any noise from other guests. All the staff we met were very smiley, friendly and helpful. After a late checkout we were able to leave our bags at the hotel until it was time to catch our train home. This hotel is in a brilliant location, just around the corner from James Street Station and centrally situated for all the sights and shopping in Liverpool. There are numerous bars and restaurants in the immediate vicinity and we had a very nice meal at the Olive Restaurant in Castle Street where the lovely staff made us most welcome. When we have the opportunity to return to Liverpool we will have no hesitation in returning to Heywood House and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
HeywoodHH, Front Office Manager at Heywood House Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Good Evening! Thank you for leaving such positive and detailed feedback on the hotel. I’m pleased that you had a positive experience with our staff. I’m also pleased that the location was ideal for yourself and that you had a nice time at Olive Restaurant, and the room was ideal for yourselves. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This lovely boutique hotel is situated between the main shopping area and the waterfront, making it ideal for a short break. The staff were very helpful, letting us know about local bars and restaurants. Very comfortable room and as it's set down a little side street, it's central but not noisy.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great feedback. I’m happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and I hope we can welcome you back in the future.
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

We arrived on Sunday afternoon, check in was very good and quick. As our room wasn't ready we were given an alternative room which was an upgraded room at no extra charge. The room was lovely, very clean and airy. The bathrobes were a lovely touch too. The staff were very helpful. The location was ideal for visiting the Albert Dock, Liverpool One and the Cavern Club, as well as some lovely restaurants and bars nearby. I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Good Evening! Thank you for leaving such kind comments on the hotel. I’m pleased to hear that you found the location, the room and the staff were to your liking. I would like to thank you for your recommendation and I hope we can welcome you back to Heywood House in the future.
Leeds West yorkshire England
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed here for one night and everything was great.The staff on reception were friendly and helpful,the room was decorated to a high standard and also clean.The hotel was situated in a good spot for getting out and about so made for a really enjoyable weekend in a wonderful city.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
HeywoodHH, Front Office Manager at Heywood House Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Good evening! I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on our hotel. I am pleased to hear that everything from the location, the decor & cleanliness and the staff contributed to an enjoyable experience for you.
WEST MIDLANDS
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Wasn't expecting much as got the room for £30 on special offer, but it was fab, lovely plush rooms and modern bathroom, near all the entertAinment and a few minutes from Albert dock, never eat here so can't comment.Will definitely return

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Evening, thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. I am delighted to hear that everything was in order for you and that you found the location ideal for your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to Heywood House.
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2014

MY husband and I decided to spend 3 nights in Liverpool to celebrate my 50th birthday. This was our first visit and we were not disappointed with the choice of hotel or city. We stayed in Room 104 having got a great deal on Late Rooms. The room was clean and tidy with everything we needed with a comfortable bed and large bathroom. We even had bath robes and a rubber duck! The only criticism was where the wardrobe was positioned as it was in the corner of the room next to the bedside table, which made it quite difficult to get things in and out. The bathroom mirror was also quite high and the mugs were not washed or replaced when we returned back to our room in the late afternoon. However everybody we met was extremely friendly & helpful. The hotel was extremely clean and very convenient for all the attractions:- 5 mins to Liverpool One, 10 minutes to excellent restaurants & Albert Dock. We will certainly be visiting Liverpool again and would consider staying in the Heywood House Hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Good Evening. I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Heywood to celebrate such an important birthday, I do hope you had an enjoyable few days and I am pleased to hear that we have contributed to that experience. I have taken note of the feedback regarding your room not being cleaned during your stay and will hand this over to our Housekeeping Team to be more aware of our long stay guests. If you do decide to stay with us in the future, give our reception team a call with any concerns you may have and we will make sure you are allocated a room that would suit your needs.
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Had the brilliant Groupon offer for a nights stay with bottle of wine. Was very impressed with the hotel - lovely room. The wine wasn't in our room, and I had to ring twice but eventually they found a bottle of red for us - very polite manager James May who sorted it. Loved the dressing gown touch also. However one gown had most definitely 'seen better days' and had threads hanging out all over - other than that - perfect. Great location and lovely staff. We will return!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Good Evening! Thank you for your kind words, I was more than happy to assist in any way I can and I apologise that the wine wasn’t in your room upon arrival, I will hand this feedback over to our Housekeeping Team also concerning the bath robes too. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us however, so much that you will be returning. I am also pleased to hear that the location was ideal for you and that you had a positive experience with our staff.