“Fantastic hotel.”

Heywood House Hotel
Ranked #15 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed here for one night and everything was great.The staff on reception were friendly and helpful,the room was decorated to a high standard and also clean.The hotel was situated in a good spot for getting out and about so made for a really enjoyable weekend in a wonderful city.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
HeywoodHH, Front Office Manager at Heywood House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Good evening! I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on our hotel. I am pleased to hear that everything from the location, the decor & cleanliness and the staff contributed to an enjoyable experience for you.

There are newer reviews for Heywood House Hotel

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Wasn't expecting much as got the room for £30 on special offer, but it was fab, lovely plush rooms and modern bathroom, near all the entertAinment and a few minutes from Albert dock, never eat here so can't comment.Will definitely return

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Good Evening, thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. I am delighted to hear that everything was in order for you and that you found the location ideal for your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to Heywood House.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

MY husband and I decided to spend 3 nights in Liverpool to celebrate my 50th birthday. This was our first visit and we were not disappointed with the choice of hotel or city. We stayed in Room 104 having got a great deal on Late Rooms. The room was clean and tidy with everything we needed with a comfortable bed and large bathroom. We even had bath robes and a rubber duck! The only criticism was where the wardrobe was positioned as it was in the corner of the room next to the bedside table, which made it quite difficult to get things in and out. The bathroom mirror was also quite high and the mugs were not washed or replaced when we returned back to our room in the late afternoon. However everybody we met was extremely friendly & helpful. The hotel was extremely clean and very convenient for all the attractions:- 5 mins to Liverpool One, 10 minutes to excellent restaurants & Albert Dock. We will certainly be visiting Liverpool again and would consider staying in the Heywood House Hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Good Evening. I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Heywood to celebrate such an important birthday, I do hope you had an enjoyable few days and I am pleased to hear that we have contributed to that experience. I have taken note of the feedback regarding your room not being cleaned during your stay and will hand this over to our Housekeeping Team to be more aware of our long stay guests. If you do decide to stay with us in the future, give our reception team a call with any concerns you may have and we will make sure you are allocated a room that would suit your needs.

Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Had the brilliant Groupon offer for a nights stay with bottle of wine. Was very impressed with the hotel - lovely room. The wine wasn't in our room, and I had to ring twice but eventually they found a bottle of red for us - very polite manager James May who sorted it. Loved the dressing gown touch also. However one gown had most definitely 'seen better days' and had threads hanging out all over - other than that - perfect. Great location and lovely staff. We will return!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Good Evening! Thank you for your kind words, I was more than happy to assist in any way I can and I apologise that the wine wasn’t in your room upon arrival, I will hand this feedback over to our Housekeeping Team also concerning the bath robes too. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us however, so much that you will be returning. I am also pleased to hear that the location was ideal for you and that you had a positive experience with our staff.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Planning to spend three nights in Liverpool for the first time, I did some homework on places to stay and liked the sound of Heywood. My choice proved to be excellent as my husband and I were so comfortable in a superior room on the second floor. The entrance foyer is very small but once into the heart of the hotel it boasts a lovely staircase between floors which we tended to use rather than the lift! Our room only booking was ideal as we found Moose Cafe in nearby Dale Street was fantastic for breakfast. Liverpool is a wonderful city with friendly people and so much to do and see. Do try the Magical Mystery Tour for an entertaining two hours!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Arranlover

Good Evening, thank you for taking the time to post some feedback on our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Heywood and Liverpool. I hope that we can welcome you back in the future as Liverpool has a lot more to offer.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel for a short Liverpool break. It was in a good location and only a few minutes walk to the Liverpool One. Staff were pleasant and friendly and were very helpful providing information on things to do and the best places to go out. The room was really nice with huge ceilings and the shower was amazing!
A few slight issues were that the wifi was terrible. It was down for 90% of our stay and seems to be a common issue with other guests. The bed linen wasn't changed during our stay, and the room could have done with a good deep clean to remove stains in the carpet etc.
However these were only minor things and wouldn't put me of staying there again or recommending it to a friend

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
HeywoodHH, Front Office Manager at Heywood House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Good Morning! Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on our hotel. I’m pleased to hear the location and the room were ideal for you and overall you had a positive experience with our staff. Regarding the Wifi, we are aware of the issues and the matter is being looked into and resolved this week. In terms of the room, i have handed this feedback over to our Housekeeping team for their consideration and I thank you for bringing this to my attention. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future with the promise of these issues being resolved.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Having booked a night at The Adelphi on 20th February on a voucher deal, we were desperate to make a fast getaway from the hotel as it was appalling. Having stayed at Heywood House last year, also on a voucher deal, we made our way there and James, the Duty Manager, gave us a fabulous room at a good price. The room was a palace compared to room M12 at the Adelphi.

We were so glad that our first trip to Liverpool was staying at this hotel otherwise we would never have returned, which would have been sad as it is an amazing city.

We look forward to returning to Heywood House and hope, by that time, that the restaurant is fully refurbished as the breakfast offered at the cafe close by was more attuned to carnivores and didn't offer much choice.

Room Tip: Lovely hotel, doesn't have a pool or fitness centre, unable to remove rating for these!
1  Thank Karen D

Good Morning, thanks for taking the time to leave such nice feedback on the hotel. I’m sorry to hear about your experience in the Adelphi hotel and I am pleased to hear this has not affected your opinion on the city as a whole. I was more than happy to accommodate a returning guest to us, and I am confident that when you return, our restaurant will be up and running once again with an extensive breakfast menu to cater a broad spectrum of needs.