“great hotel”

Heywood House Hotel
Ranked #15 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This hotel was a great find. Unfortunatley I only had one night in it but would definetly return to Liverpool again and stay in this hotel. So central and has easy access routes to airport. The staff at reception were extremely friendly and happy to keep my bag as I arrived early am and left late pm which made a big difference to my sightseeing experience. Rooms beautiful and clean

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
HeywoodHH, Front Office Manager at Heywood House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on our hotel. I am happy to hear that everything from the room, the location and the service met your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and hopefully for longer, Liverpool has much more to offer!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were pleased to buy a Living Social voucher to stay here as we had previously had a good night here. Our room was cosy, clean and comfortable. Our check in was very easy, same when we left. The hotel is well placed to shop or visit the sights.
Our only negative experience was our dinner in the adjacent Bank bar and brasserie, we had visited last time when it was the Noble House - excellent! this time the food was poor, very empty of diners, we felt sorry for the serving staff who were trying hard. We did not wish to eat breakfast there!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Evening! Thank you for leaving feedback on the hotel, I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and you found the location met your needs. I am sorry to hear that your experience in the restaurant which we have recently taken over was poor. If we can welcome you back, I am confident that we can deliver a better service and standard next time.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

A lovely little hotel tucked away close to all that liverpool has to offer.my girfriend and I stayed here several nights and we thought the quality of the room was good and well situated,the reception team were very friendly and talkative,I know it's their job to make people feel welcome but the difference is that they were all genuine and did all they could to make us welcome,lovely hotel and will definitely stay here again

• Stayed: November 2013

Aww, thank you for leaving such kind comments about us, we love what we do and we’re happy to hear that we made you feel welcome. I’m glad that we could add to your experience and we look forward to seeing you both again!

James

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Excellent location, close to shops, pubs, shopping & the docks.

Rooms not huge but of a good size with a well equipped bathroom. Common areas of the hotel well decorated and kept clean.

Lovely breakfast next door at the brasserie and a great value stay overall. Park in the Liverpool one Q park and get a discount voucher from the hotel before you leave.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lolly2409

Thank you for leaving feedback on the hotel. I am pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and found the location and hotel met your needs. We hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

my husband and i booked to stay at the Heywood for two nights and we wern`t disappointed staff were very helpful, room was lovely clean and modern,with a bose ipod docking station and lovely flat screen t,v, shower was very powerful and the little duck made me smile, the hotel is very well located for bars restaurants and shopping just stay out of the slaughter house pub next door not a nice place, but do go over the road to bar one a lovely bar and very nice food. we had breakfast at the hotel which was very nice but a bit pricey at 12,95 each. we are booking to go back with friends in February. only downside is parking but if you park in liverpool one car park the hotel gives you a discount voucher so to park for 48 hours was £19 which is very good and only a couple of minutes walk,

2  Thank tiffito

Hi there! Thank you for leaving such detailed and positive feedback. I am happy to hear that everything was ok for you and that we can expect to see you return in February. See you soon!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

The good points about the hotel mainly lie with the hotel room and friendly reception (not restaurant!) staff. Lovely bathroom with free-standing bath, good shower and comfy bed. Reception was not manned at all times though, as we had to ring from our room three times to get through to someone - however they were still very friendly and helpful. Also a great city centre location.

The bad points are all to do with the breakfast the next morning - terrible quality when paying £10 per person! All the staff, from the moment we stepped in the restaurant, seemed uninterested, uncomfortable and seemingly not well trained. We were asked if we wanted tea or coffee on arrival - I opted for coffee but my partner (who doesn't like hot drinks) wasn't offered anything else when she declined. The "continental smorgasbord" was a complete let down. There were a few slices of ham/cheese that looked very unappetising (only a few flies were taking interest in these), a few bread rolls and some very tiny pastries (no croissants!). All the jugs of juices and milk were completely empty when we arrived and remained so until we left (see picture!). This would have been a bit more understandable if it was busy, but there were only us and a couple more tables eating breakfast. There weren't even jugs of water to help yourself to which is annoying as no one asked us if we'd like any drinks the whole time we were there, even when our glasses were noticeably empty. We ordered two full english breakfasts which were meant to include the following: bacon, sausage, fried bread, grilled tomato, hash browns, baked beans, black pudding and a choice of egg. This may as well just said "whatever we feel like giving you, that's what you'll get". We ended up with (we both asked for without black pudding) no fried bread, just regular toast which was cold and served with no butter, no hash browns and a mushroom which was no where to be seen on the menu and I have a mushroom allergy! The eggs were also ruined. I had a fried egg which was obviously forgot about as it had formed a horrible tough crust on the bottom. My partner ordered scrambled egg which he'd obviously forgot about as well, they were basically chopped up fried eggs. The chef, who you could see due to the open kitchen, was moving at a snails pace and very unprofessional. His phone rang very loudly which he proceeded to answer and then announced very loudly and enthusiastically that it was time for him to go home.

Overall, we would stay at the hotel again which was very pleasant but we would NOT pay £10 for breakfast again. There are plenty of places nearby to grab breakfast including a cafe two doors down.

1  Thank Dane C

Hi Dane, thanks for leaving such detailed feedback on the restaurant and hotel. I am pleased to hear overall your experience with our reception team was positive, however I do apologise about our desk not being manned for when you needed us. We try to operate our front desk 24 hours a day , and for a member of staff to not be absent for a sustained amount of time, however we occasionally need to make allowances for our staff to patrol the hotel as well as see to other guests needs.
Regarding the restaurant. First of all I would like to express my apologies and disappointment. I am sorry to hear that our usual level of service was not up to standard and I am disappointed that this has tarnished your views on us as a whole. I know that we can do better. I appreciate your feedback regarding the breakfast and I promise that we will take this on board and we are providing service training next week for our newer members of staff. I hope that we can welcome you back, and that you will not be disappointed. Can I ask that if you do decide to give us another try, that you call us at reception in advance so that we can discuss this matter in more detail. Thank you.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Fantastic location. Clean well equipped room. Incredibly friendly staff. Tasty breakfast. True hidden gem. Would stay here again if in area even if only to see if the rubber duck in the shower has got any friends as it looks so lonely on the shelf.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Scrooge736
HeywoodHH, Front Office Manager at Heywood House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Hi there! Wow, thanks for such positive and kind comments. If you like, get in touch with us and we will post out one of our little duckies for you!