“very enjoyable night!!”

Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“very enjoyable night!!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Had our sons 21st celebration here and really enoyed the evening, very friendly atmosphere and attentive staff!!! We stayed the whole night and will definately be returning

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Don't waste your time”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Having been informed upon our arrival that there was a half hour wait on food, we didn't mind too much as they were busy and you could wait up to 20minutes anyway in a restaurant. We sat and waited for 40 minutes before we even had a menu. We ordered and waited another 40 minutes before we were presented with cold, uncooked food. I feel for the waiting on staff as it was obvious they were very busy and trying to keep on top of everyones needs. They often had to turn people away as the chef had told them to stop taking food orders. All in all, I paid to sit and wait for over an hour for awful food before leaving, going home and cooking as I was still hungry. Will not be going back there again. Really awful restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
“Great steaks”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Dined here Boxing Day had one of the best steak and blue cheese sauces service was friendly and real down to earth very rare these days Pablos is a steady contender for my only place to eat in liverpool honest great food without the pomp

Warrington, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Found this restaurant by chance last Saturday and what a good dining experience it is. The food is really good, with good portion sizes, the shared starter would have done as a main course. The food was really good quality and the staff were very pleasant and helpful.

Would certainly recommend this restaurant and will go back.

Knutsford, United Kingdom
“Split Personality.”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I have been to Pablo's four times and each time we have enjoyed great service, really tasty food and have left quite happy. There are a few odd things about this place that prevent it from getting a straight five but nothing that I wouldn't put up with and I will go again.

In a sense the place has a split personality. It has a modern bar with two large televisions which seem to constantly show sky sports channels. The bar is frequented by locals, usually older or middle aged men that keep nipping outside for a smoke. They seem slightly out of place with the décor which seems aimed at much younger clients. Across from the bar is a restaurant, decked out in marble, black and chrome which has a high end seventies retro look about it. Its spacious and comfortable and seems to be for a more salubrious evening trade. The day time menu is a bright, laminated sheet which has a range of good Italian oriented dishes on it. The specials are on a printed sheet complete with a whole range of spelling mistakes. There are also chalk boards outside which look as though they are from a greasy spoon showing usually what is on the menu, not actually specials. It doesn't need these at all and why they are out confuses me. They could just put a menu in the window.

The food we have had is excellent though I am aware others have not experienced this and when it arrives it is at an ideal eating temperature but not piping hot. I'm not bothered about this, but if you chat rather than dig in I expect it will loose its heat rapidly. Its cleverly cooked using tasty ingredients and arranged in a very appealing way. We have had a range of items but there are two mains I would recommend. Chicken and chorizo gnocchi and Butter nut squash Ravioli. What I like is that the chicken in the various dishes is clearly off a butchered bird, not from a pale and spongy breast fillet. Thigh and leg is often used which has a greater taste and shows the chef is actually well trained and aware of what tastes good. A friend had the goats cheese gnocchi and another a very tasty burger last time we were in and both loved it. Its an odd mix of what I would call evening food and daytime fayre. But it works well and it is devised to cook quickly so any of the delays reported surprise me.

One reviewer says they were overcharged, we did have similar experience when we were charged for bread or olives that we didn't have, but when I queried it, I feel it was a genuine mistake. I always check my bill regardless of where I am and I have almost been over charged in many other, often expensive restaurants, particularly during a busy lunchtime so it pays to look. Its not bad manners to refuse to pay for an item you haven't eaten. I am also polite to waiting staff as they have a tough job and as a result get good friendly service. I am surprised at reports of rudeness at Pablo's as the staff we have encountered have been friendly and willing. I always compliment the chef after I've finished and the staff pass it on and seem pleased somebody takes time to comment positively.

Its well worth giving this place a go. There are plenty of eateries on Lark lane but for me this is one of the best for lunch.