“Over Priced”

Neighborhood: Sefton Park
liverpool
“Over Priced”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The staff are really friendly & very attentive, our waiter was lovely really helpful & chatty yet the food really lets this place down, it looks lovely and clean & has a nice atmosphere but the menu isnt great at all, Firstly there is a lack of choice. i ordered the goats cheese & mushroom brushetta, which had a really sweet dressing on the plate which ruined the dish as it was really over powering & extremly sweet, my friend had the beef carpaccio which she said was ok but under seasoned, for mains we ordered a italian stew which was as bland as anything & a italian burger, which came with a huge mound of pesto that completly ruined it, the burger itself was way to over spice , it seems in this resturant its either 1 extreme BLAND or the other OVER SEASONED. honestly for what we paid over £60 ive been to way better places & paid half the price, find yourself somewhere with a deal on & much better food. This place is a waste of money - food wise.

• Visited November 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“APPALLING”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This is a genuinely appalling establishment. We had a lengthy wait for our food, and when it did arrive, one of our party sent his food back as it was warm/cold. He then cancelled his order given another lengthy wait would result in us all having finished our food by the time his arrived. For those of us who ate our meals, we didn't finish them as they were of a very poor quality. When the bill arrived, the cancelled meal was still on the bill. When we queried this, a bullish man, who we can only assume was the manager, came and challenged us. He was aggressive, and we were all truly shocked by his behaviour. We have never encountered such a reaction from anyone working in the industry. He shouted at us in front of the other customers, was pacing around glaring at us, being told that it was us who had an attitude. I am genuinely appalled, shocked, and reeling from the encounter. I would strongly advise against frequenting Pablos. It should be avoided at all costs. Such aggressive and unprofessional behaviour should not be supported.

1 Thank 1247980
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude and intimidating”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Walking in to Pablos you are transformed to a 70's cruise liner. The marble decor and faux leather chairs and shiny chrome rails all add to the wonderment.

The waiter was nice but the food was cold so one of our party sent back their food and cancelled any replacement. At then end of the meal we were charge for all of the meals including the cold cancelled one. When we queried it an obnoxious man challenged the fact that the food was indeed warm as it had been "tested" and he didnt like our attitude. After a heated debate he reluctantly agreed for us to remove the meal from the bill. It all seemed like a big show for the regulars.

Needless to say we won't be returning.

1 Thank Simon2342
“Wow! Can't believe how bad - AVOID!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Went in on off chance - decor looked decent but that was it. We waited a good 40 mins from sitting down to eating. Then the food was 'warm' so we asked for it to be sent back. After cancelling order I was confronted (& I mean confronted) by the most rude manager in the world. I was challenged that was not 'cold' which apparently was good enough.
The cancelled breakfast was left on the bill which was thrown back on the table. When challenged I was told my attitude stank and the manager continued to march up and down the bar looking over at me in an intimidating manner.
My party were genuinely shocked by the actions of the owner. Please avoid at all costs.

Liverpool
“The cliquiest place in Liverpool”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I've been coming here for more than 2 years,once or twice a week, albeit just for a drink at teatime.

I've often fancied the notion of eating here-perhaps bringing the family for Sunday lunch for example. I have observed with considerable interest (or nosiness perhaps) the food coming out of the kitchen. It has always looked inoffensive if I'm honest. But then I have read the reviews here....Perhaps it isn't as good as it looks, I really don't know.

The reviews make thought-provoking reading which make me consider my experiences as a drinker and as a prospective eater.

The beer is fine and the prices are not out of order for the Lane. I am afforded the courtesy of having my beer poured as soon as I'm seen entering the establishment which is a nice touch for me as a regular but in some ways this is what provokes the critcisms I am about to make and those of others who have commented before me....

This is well and truly a LOCAL's pub/restaurant. If you are in you are in. If you are not then good luck. Occasional visitors are left to feel as unwelcome intruders. The owners are somewhat aloof.

For a dose of reality, go and say hello to Mo who is tucked away in the corner most afternoons and early evenings. She's the only real person in there.

They host lots of private parties but every day feels like a private party here as the locals gather to chat their nonsense with the owners each day. Please don't disturb them.

The toilets are a great place to relieve yourself though. If you go to the trouble of washing your hands afterwards with the high-end hand-wash your visit will have been worthwhile.

And you will leave with beautifully smelling hands.

It's alight really.