“A good spot for an adventurous and interesting lunch”
Review of Lunya Liverpool

Lunya Liverpool
Ranked #30 of 1,697 Restaurants in Liverpool
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: College Lane is handy for all City Centre bus stops, being just minutes from the main bus station, and just a few minutes walk away from Liverpool Central and all other Merseyrail city centre stations.
Description: Lunya is the UK's only Catalonian restaurant and deli, bringing you the very best from Catalonia in the North East of Spain, and other Spanish regions, and from carefully selected artisan producers in the North West of England and throughout the UK. We have a range of exquisite tapas and paella, with everything made fresh in our kitchen from the very best ingredients. We are open for breakfast and lunch, serving a unique range of traditional and innovative meals and snacks. We pride ourselves in the very high quality of our ingredients and that we make everything ourselves with our very talented team. We bake our own sourdough bread every day. In addition to fabulous food, we strive to provide exceptional service. You can be sure to leave Lunya knowing that you have been really taken care of and wanting to return. Exceptional food, cooking and service. PS. We deliver breakfast boxes, deli boxes and hampers.
Kendal, United Kingdom
“A good spot for an adventurous and interesting lunch”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Good Tapas is good, but so often it is just a poor excuse, a selection of underwhelming, undersized, overpriced portions. This is why I am cautious about eating at tapas houses, but I let temptation get the better of me when I passed this place at lunch time and saw the award certificates displayed in the window. Here I had a very tasty and filling lunch for a reasonable price given the quality and I would be happy to eat here again.

I ordered a wide range of dishes and I felt adventurous enough to dare the “Mackerel Conception” (mackerel semen and eggs on toast) which was not in the least offensive but probably the least interesting in terms of flavour from my selection. I was surprised at how much taste there was in the squid and octopus tapas, I usually find the mollusc dishes lacking in flavour. My vegetable selections were also individual and I was impressed by how much they varied from each other. I had order a bread side, which was a basket of mixed small pieces with oil and vinegar. The only down side for me was that notices in the window and on the menu said that a bargain selection was available every day, but when I asked about this I was told that it was “every day except Saturday”. The food was presented as it was made and so it arrived gradually which meant I had to start eating before all the food arrived, but it was at least fresh.

I very much enjoyed the food here and I was particularly taken by the wide range of flavours provided in my small tapas selection. I found my lunch to be very filling and I was pleased to pay the reasonable bill. I look forward to eating here again and exploring the menu further.

• Visited November 2012

• Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

An excellent restaurant ticking all the boxes. The food was fantastic, the service was excellent, decor is warm, interesting & funky, & its value for money. I had the lunch soup, sandwich & chips option for under £10. I'll be back!

“Fantastic”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Enjoyed everything about it & will be going back soon food was amazing & lovely surroundings & atmosphere.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Lunch at Lunya”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Delicious food in a lovely setting.We were served by Robbie who was very attentive. Tapas were lovely especially the Calamari.The ham too was really good.A great place for lunch.
Will definately return.

• Visited November 2012
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Very nice”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Lovely modern upmarket tapas restaurant, the food is superb as is the deli next door, definitely worth a visit!

• Visited December 2012