“Perfectly acceptable”

Rita's Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Liverpool
Rita's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #46 of 76 Liverpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My wife and I stay at B&Bs around the world regularly when we can, because they are more personal and intimate, more idiosyncratic, and less sterile than large hotel chains. So, when on a recent business trip to Liverpool, I booked this B&B on short notice.
While it's a little ways out of the down-town area, bus service to the city centre is conveniently located and cheap.

The B&B is not "premium" accommodation, like some up-market B&Bs in the US or Australia. However, it is more typical of many B&Bs in the UK that I have stayed at - a home with some bedrooms. It was warm, beds were comfortable, room (facing the road) was quiet at night. Breakfasts (full English) were wonderful and Rita was a very sociable hostess. A variety of chocolates, snacks, fruits and drinks were available for guests to partake of, day or night. There was free wifi.

The bathrooms are shared - some people might prefer private baths. However, there were only 2 residents while I was there, so effectively, we had "private" baths.

I did not have a vehicle, so I can't comment on parking space etc. and did not use the living room, as I was at a meeting from early AM to late PM.

Finally, the price - 30 UKP per night - is tough to beat in a city like this. Especially when you throw in breakfast.

Price estimates for city-centre: bus - about 2UKP. Taxi - about 7-10 UKP, depending on traffic, time etc.

I would totally recommend this for a business stay-over in Liverpool, especially if you're on a budget. Romantic? No. But then again, neither is Liverpool!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Twinkieboy

Reviewed September 5, 2013

simply the best B & B we've stayed at - with wonderful owners, a beautiful house and a very warm welcome. The best compliment I can give was during our stay my children said that it was like being at home.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed with my son here on 2-3 September 2013. Rita and her partner Drew could not have been more friendly. The welcome was terrific. They went out of their way to allow me to park an expensive new motorbike in their drive. The rooms were good - roomy, clean with good tea/coffee making facilities. And the bathrooms were good.
I would go back any time.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Robert G
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I recently spent a weekend in Liverpool and can't speak highly enough of Rita's B&B. Rita was a warm hostess and went out of her way to give up tips and information about what to do in the city. Our bedroom was large with 2 comfortable double beds as well as tea and coffee making facilities and a variety of chocolate bars. There was a small fridge in the corridor where we could help ourselves to bottled water. The bathrooms were spotlessly clean and the breakfast was delicious. What more could you want! We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely go back if we return to Liverpool.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We booked Ritas because of the reviews - oh dear, what a mistake. Awful area, no parking (only on pavement next to very busy road), room very average (one wardrobe full of someone else's clothes, no headboard, very cheap pillows), bathroom full of debris, strong smell of cigarettes throughout property. Rita was to quote her "soaked in gin" when we arrived and house was full of family due to a personal crisis so our booking should have been cancelled. It was so bad we could not stay there so went on laterooms.com, found somewhere else and left. A waste of 60 pounds which we had paid as a deposit but worth it to go somewhere nice. The very effusive reviews sadly bear no resemblance to the reality of this B&B.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Gorleston_Girl
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I cannot speak highly enough of Rita and her home. I have stayed every Wednesday night for 6 months and without fail I have been welcomed and cared for. I have has delicious breakfasts, treats to take away with me and nothing is too much trouble. My husband and son have stayed over with me on occasion and thank goodness for the wheeled suitcase to take the gifts home with me... You really are staying in someone's home and being part of their life. It's warm, comfortable and clean - and someone cares if you turn up. What more do you want.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Blackberrycrumble09
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Dont really know where to start.
on arrival the first thing that hit us was the smell of smoke from the owners living room.
house from outside looked impressive, big lovely front. arriving on the street it was full of down and outs drinking on the streets.
No on suite but to be honest that was not a problem, 3 toilets next to each other. 2 showers.
bathrooms clean, not too keen on all the left over shower gels, it appears from previous reviews most peaple thought that was a bonus.
2 beds in our room, no headboards just head prints on the walls. tatty old sofa pushed up against an old wardrobe, so nowhere to hang clothes, no television,.
good points- Rita was lovely. house lovely and warm, breakfast good,
Maybe its just us who like a bit of comfort, it reminded me of My student days. if you are not fussy then this is the place for you, if you like nice thing not a good idea.
sorry Rita this is not personal, but I do wish id have know what it was really like.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple