“Patchy performance”

Hampton by Hilton Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #35 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 14, 2013

very good room, actually excellent modern room, very stylish. Unfortunately the ironing board had been broken by a previous guest and not picked up by room staff. They were not too keen on dusting either. Bathroom was clean and free from mould. That might be a bit picky but the breakfast was good in theory, but poor in reality. Too cramped, too many guests, Im sure most would just skip that experience.

Room Tip: Facing the Albert dock.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,009)

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I arrived in Liverpool by train late at night and taxi to hotel very tired. And got some sad news from hotel's staff - their system got down somewhy and they have no room for me although my booking is still valid. As solution they found a replacement hotel for one night (even better that hampton), coverage for taxi back and forth and free pint of beer ;). So, I was satisfied with this action was taken. Nobody is ideal, but good work was done to fix their own fault.

Now about hotel - rooms are quite large and very, very clean and fresh. All furniture is new, bathroom has no unwanted smells or like that, perfect stay. Stuff was very kind and friendly to help me to make calls, store luggage and so on.
So - overall it is good hotel, but you have to take some control to be sure if it's ok.

Room Tip: try find one with view to Albert Dock, but how to do this - no idea, hotel seemed to be fully booked...
Reviewed May 12, 2013

With my job i travel up and down the country throughout the UK staying in over 150 hotels a year. At most hotels I'm asked for a credit card swipe, I normally say i'll pay cash if I use the bar or restaurant which is never a problem. Imaging my surprise when I tried to check in and I was asked for a credit card swipe or cash before I could check in. I explained I wouldn't be using the bar or restaurant but if I did I would pay cash, no credit card no check in, adamant , even though my room and breakfast had already been paid for. What kind of hotel has a policy like this- Hampton by Hilton obviously has. Luckily I was with a larger group and one of our party when they arrived an hour later gave their credit card details. So the upshot is , if I couldn't give a credit card or CASH even though my room and breakfast had been paid for I wouldn't be able to stay. Rubbish!
On a positive note the staff were lovely and the room excellent.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed at the Hampton by Hilton in Liverpool city centre last night and was really impressed. The location is great, just across from Albert docks and only a 5 minute walk from Liverpool 1 with loads of great shops, restaurants and pubs.
The reception staff were friendly, quick and efficient on check in and out.
The rooms are exceptionally clean, very modern and spacious, we looked out on to a building site but that didn't bother us.
We didn't go down to breakfast so can't comment on that although it was just finishing up as we checked out and it certainly didn't look chaotic!!
There is secure car parking for £9.50 under the hotel which was good value for a city centre.
All that for only £59 on a Saturday night....... I'll be back

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Great clean rooms, good value, good location, would stay here again. Stayed for one night just visiting the city, Cab to the city center was a fiver, walkable if not raining. Car park onsite is a bit tight but it serves the purpose.

Check in was quick and friendly as was the exit

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Great location for Albert Docks and conference centre, but dont believe their claim to be 400 metres from the docks. if you have difficulty walking, be advised that the hotel is across a busy dual carriageway and you have to traverse lots of cobblestones to get to the conference centre. Staff couldn't have been friendlier, but the whole feel was more motel than hotel. Breakfast was cheap, with lower-end supermarket croissants and mini muffins, reconstituted orange juice that in the whole six days of our stay was never at the right strength. Either watery or too saturated to drink. Staff always on hand to help, but why not get it right first time? As conference visitors, most of the rooms were booked out to our colleagues, and we all said we would go to the Jury's inn next time. For a similar price, our colleagues there had wonderful breakfasts and dinner included. Their hotel was also directly opposite the conference centre. The Hampton by Hilton is in an area in need of regeneration and feels out of the way, tucked behind a pub shaped like a ship. The car park costs ten pounds a night extra, so added up to a hefty surcharge. I felt let down by the Hilton brand, to be honest, and have certainly had far better quality at a lower price from other chains. Hand on heart, I couldn't recommend this, even for business travellers.

Room Tip: Ask for a view as most rooms face an office block!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jane K
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I always stay at the Hampton when doing something in Liverpool, whether it be a concert at the Echo or just a nice night out. Its location is brilliant for the echo, abert docks and if you just want to venture into the city centre. All within a 5-10 minute walk.

The rooms are well equipped and comfy, the breakfast is decent and the parking is very secure.

I have stayed in the new Hilton in Liverpool, and the rooms are almost identicle yet you pay quadruple the amount!

The staff are friendly and the bar area is nice.