“Stunning hotel!”

Hampton by Hilton Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #35 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was just like to say what an absolutely fantastic time I had staying at the Hampton by Hilton. My room was absolutely beautiful and my Queen sized bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. I felt completely safe which was very important as I was staying alone for three nights. I also felt very welcomed by the staff who were beyond excellent, they went out of their way to help me and just in general provided first class service at all times. I cannot praise them enough! My room was always cleaned perfectly and efficiently, there was free internet access and a lot of channels on the television. I thought the gym was small but did its job perfectly and of course looked gorgeous. The breakfast in the morning is at a very convenient time (6am - 10am) and I loved the selection of hot food as well as cereals and even little muffins which were lovely! What a fantastic place to stay, I miss my room (504) already and will, without a doubt ,be staying there again. What an absolute pleasure and fantastic value for money!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Gianfranco B, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Matilda S

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at the Hampton by Hilton Liverpool City Centre.

It is wonderful to read that you thought so highly of our hotel, reflected by the high scores that you have given to us.

Service is of utmost importance to us and The satisfaction of our guests is of paramount importance to us, which is why we do indeed offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee and as mentioned before all feedback are used to continue improve our standards.

On reading your review it is warming to note that our staff assisted you with their outstanding customer service. Our attention to guest satisfaction is something we pride ourselves on at the Hampton by Hilton, Liverpool City Centre.

We loved having you here and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel very soon.

Kind Regards

Gianfranco Boccuzzi

Write a ReviewReviews (3,009)

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Great location, easy walking distance of the dock, the museums and the Liverpool One shopping centre. Modern clean rooms with great bathrooms.one thing that i personally liked was that there was proper lighting in the bedrooms. All too often hotel rooms are very dull and dark with only a couple of table lamps to light them. if we were to be picky out something, the bath towels had seen better days and could do with being replaced. All in all our stay was excellent value. Breakfast was a bit of a problem as there isn't enough seating but it was managed good naturedly. The staff were friendly and helpful. We would recommend this hotel to friends if ever in Liverpool and would stay there again ourselves.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mercedesEpping_Essex
Reviewed February 2, 2013

These days you have so much choice in terms of interesting hotels in Liverpool but they can tend to be a little pricey particularly during the week. Its good to see such a range on offer. The Hampton by Hilton is not an interesting hotel, its a "does the job" sort of place. Clean bedrooms, good heating controls and perfectly comfortable accommdation, I found a very pleasant and cheerful staff who were attentive although sometimes a little inexperienced. Breakfast was an easy self-service opportunity --- rather limited range and spartan environment but the food was fresh and it was quick to take

The views were not as good as for many of the hotels and the real let down was the lack of a decent sitting area or bar area. The downstairs space is reminiscent of an Airport Lounge area with no sense of being somewhere either comfortable or special.

So, not a great experience as such but for my purposes it was absolutely fine. Free wi-fi and easy to connect plus a splendid price to the two day stay. I would certainly stay again at these prices and will sacrifice "atmosphere" and "lounge comfort" by pocketing a bargain which was at least £30 per night below the benchmark.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2013

A one night stay in Liverpool. On the one hand the location was excellent as it was just a few minutes walk into the docks, on the other hand I walked into the city centre at about 9pm, by the shortest route which took about 15 minutes, and felt like I should have taken a cab! Not that anything happened but there are some slightly derelict areas you walk past and several back roads that felt like they belonged in a gritty urban drama! I wouldn't be happy knowing my wife or daughter was out walking there on their own..

The hotel is new so everything in the room worked well. Wifi was included so I had the luxury of 3 connected devices (I know it's a bit sad, but ipad, iphone and work laptop) although there were times when it felt like the line was slightly slow (although if everyone was like me all those devices would explain that!)

Breakfast was good, and again free. Parking was £9.50 per night. There is some on-road parking around and some private open-air car parks that are cheaper, but I didn't think it was excessive.

All in all a good stay and recommended. Just don't wander about too much on your own at night!

Room Tip: The side farthest from the main road is probably quieter, but my room certainly wasn't noisy.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank GB1970
Reviewed January 30, 2013

As a hotel, there was a lot to be desired, mainly a comfortable lounge and a restaurant with a resident chef. The hotel was clean and modern and the location was fine - 5/10 minute walk to the shops and Albert Dock whereas the Hilton hotel is actually there, without the walk.

The staff were excellent, polite and friendly and the bed was very comfortable however we did not feel relaxed or comfortable when we were outside our bedrooms. Also, there were no baths, only showers which was also not the comfort that we were looking for. Everything felt rushed, as though we were just passing time waiting for something rather than enjoying the experience of being in a comfortable hotel.

I travelled with my elderly mother (80) my daughter (10) and my sister (50) so a mixed bunch but we do all feel as though we had to 'make do'. After a 250 mile drive to Liverpool we did not want to eat out so ordered something from the basic but adequate table menu. Unfortunately the dining area was more like a cafe with only 3 seating areas other than the high tables and bar stools which looked more like an area used in a school science lesson with plugs for your bunsen burner. In this case, lap tops.

We waited for more than an hour for our food and after a couple of polite chase-ups when it arrived it was cold and more like cardboard. My sister asked if it had all been cooked using the microwave and we were told in an embarrasing manner, that yes it was as there was no chef or kitchen. Basically who ever was available from the the front desk or bar staff would find five minutes and shove something in the microwave! We sent all the food back as it was pretty inedible and very unhealthy so they managed to conjure up a bit of salad and a slice of white bread and cheese instead. Not what we had intended!. We chose to drink wine instead of water however!

As for breakfast, it was adequate and self service but again lacking in comfort as there were not enough places to sit as suddenly the hotel seemed full to capacity. My mother was unable to get up on the high stalls, only remaining seating available, so had to have her breakfast standing up! And it was quite a struggle trying to squeeze through all the people and squashed up tables to get to our bar stalls!

The car park was safe but very expensive and I feel an unnecessary fee to pay.

I would not recommend this hotel and I would certainly not return because of the lack of comfort and dining facility, however, if you are waiting for a taxi it is worth popping in as the bar is never busy as it is much more like a waiting room or terminal lounge than a hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KarenDodd
Gianfranco B, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Mrs Dodd,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at with us. It is always obviously of great concern to me when I read that one of our guests has had a less than exceptional stay with us.

As I am sure you can see from most of the reviews on our hotel, service is of utmost importance to us and The satisfaction of our guests is of paramount importance to us, which is why we do indeed offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee and all feedback are used to continue improve our standards.

This Brand is new in the UK and this is a service focussed hotels by Hilton, however it is not meant to be a Hilton Hotel as these are full service, this is reflected in the room rate you are charged.

All aspects of the construction and design of all Hampton hotels are being looked after by Hilton to achieve the high standards for the new brand and our hotel. I can only apologies if you felt that this was not the case.

All our rates are included of complimentary full cooked breakfast every morning, this includes scramble eggs, sausages, bacon, mini hash browns potatoes and baked beans also include a full variety of items for continental’s breakfast that goes from the traditional toast to croissants and muffins. In our room price we also include free connection to Wi-Fi and access to the gym.

The hotel is located in the city centre and we have an underground secure parking and the charge for this is £9.50 per day, the car park is for the exclusive use of our guests and it is monitored by CCTV and shatter at the entrance.

We appreciate all feedback from our guests, good or bad, as it allows us to constantly monitor our performance in each of our business areas.

Please accept my apologies for the dinner issues; I’m happy that the team has managed to look after you and that they have waived all charges from your bill.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and for recognition of the team effort on the friendly service.

And finally thank you for the time you have taken to inform us of your experience and please accept my apologies for any distress and inconvenience caused to you.

Assuring you of our best intentions at all times,

Kind Regards

Gianfranco Boccuzzi | General Manager

Reviewed January 30, 2013

rooms were nice and comfortable, stocked toiletries were a bonus, comfy beds and pillows. Excellent security to all areas, you have to use your key card to access everywhere. Paid £9.50 a day parking on site but found a cheaper one at the back of the hotel for only £3 a day. 3 mins walk (found this too late). Very close to the Albert Dock and Liverpool one is only a 5/10 min walk. Excellent location for all the sites. The Cavern Club and Cavern Pub is a must see. Lots of great atmosphere. Pay to get in club is £3 live bands all night and the lounge within the club a further £10. (make sure you know what part of the club you want as we got caught out and paid £3 only to find out you had to pay a further £10 to enter the club lounge and actually we saw more groups for longer in the club. Hope this helps! I come from Liverpoool and this was a first visit for at least 15 years and it was fab!!!!!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view because room 228 was overshadowed by building and people could see right...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Recently spent a weekend at the Hampton Liverpool City Centre. This is a modern hotel with first rate amenities. Pleasant Staff, Clean and Comfortable Rooms and the complementary breakfasts were perfectly adequate. with plenty of choice. People making negative comments about the breakfast do not seem to realise that it is complementary on top of very reasonably priced rooms. Hotel within easy walking distance of all attractions. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definitely use this hotel next time I am in Liverpool.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple