“Fabulous hotel”

Hilton Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #38 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Visited for one night only on 29th August 2010 for Mathew Street Festival. Car parking was really easy and only costs £9 if you ask at Reception for a discount ticket.

Check-in was long, doesn't seem to be enough staff and the Receptionist didn't really give us a great deal of information but that was just a small criticism.

The room was really lovely, king size bed and excellent bathroom. We had a great view and everything was new and clean. I could find no fault with the room except for the choice of hot teas -there was only one English tea bag and the rest were flavoured teas which are not to my taste.

Breakfast not bad, we were lucky to get a table as there seems to be a large queue waiting at certain times but the staff were really helpful. Bacon and sausage not too good but everything else very nice. I would definitely 100% return to the Hilton Liverpool, we had a great weekend!

1  Thank vikingsbabe

Reviewed August 25, 2010

great room lovely view £50 deposit for minibar made to pay for nuts and crisps which we thought not to be included in minibar expenses as not stated. Free tea and coffee. However a lovely stay in a lovely city

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Selected this hotel for its location and was not at all disappointed-great for sight seeing and shopping. There was a deal on the general Hilton website for a city explorer pass and dinner on the first night so it was reasonably priced.
Very warm welcome and our room was available immediately which was great as we arrived about 11a.m.. Room was fine -very cool brown leather etc-but you can see where the Hilton is cutting corners-no biscuits in irritating little cellophane packets nor shower cap nor sewing kits.(Perhaps that is part of the minimal approach so popular thesedays!) Our evening meal-from a set menu-was very good.The TVs had all cut out throughout the hotel so the duty manager agreed to my request for a complimentary bottle of wine to accompany the dinner.If you don't ask you don't get !
Then, after dinner, the fun really began-still no TV and then a fire alarm.We all evacuated our rooms but there was no semblance of proper procedures-we just vaguely milled around with very little information given.No sigt of a fire engine either-but drinks all round so some silver lining.
This continued for some time and no one seemed to know what was going on-several stories abounding-floods on a floor apparently which had tripped the alarm. Eventually we were allowed back to our room and as you would expect still no TV. Yes the engineer had been called but .....
The Hilton breakfast in Liverpool is nowhere near as good as the Belfast Hilton ! Cheap sausages and the bacon was grim ! No local sourcing stated either-pity-missed opportunity there.What saved the day was Mo-the egg chef-she was a super lady full of warmth and local charm.
In fact the staff throughout were really good and did their level best in quite awkward situations. They all seemed to be local so knew their area. There is so much to do and see in Liverpool and all close to the Waterfront. You may think I am being a bit churlish banging on about the TV when there is so much to see and do but you do expect a certain standard in a Hilton and it was not cheap.
The duty manager refunded me some of our costs and upgraded our room to an executive the next night-again at my suggestion. Lo and behold executives get biscuits and shower caps!!!
All in all the Hilton needs to sharpen up and change their bacon and sausage supplier-coffee was not great either ! But staff are fab !

Reviewed August 23, 2010

Whilst reading through the reviews before my trip...3 nights staying here with breakfast included and also getting a very reasonable rate through my place of work I was a little concerned about a few!!! well a fair few things I had been reading! This was put to rest once we arrived,this is a beautiful NEW hotel with lush interior,really big rooms and very nice contemporary decor,our room although only on the 2nd floor was great with lovely views 3 big windows floor to ceiling,the views were liverpool wheel and Albert Dock,We checked in not a problem staff explained what they had to and away we went to our room,Next morning breakfast we went early and it was really quiet so bonus!! but whilst checking our details out we were not on the computer was told not to worry ! and was seated ......oh nooooo!!! the lady came back over to us and stated that we were room only you have not paid for breakfast,after explaining that my confirmation stated breakfast included was told oh well we will sort it later!!!!! I was embarrassed by this and asked if i should provide my confirmation? was told no we will sort it later. Breakfast was very good and there was a lot of choice!! again very nice dining area (tables a little close though) Free paper also!!! on our way out for the day I went to Reception and explained what had happened at breakfast and provided them with my confirmation which stated BREAKFAST INCLUDED ...the young lady oh dont worry we will make sure it is noted!!!!! NO IT HAPPENDED THE NEXT DAY!! not happy On our last day went to breakfast it was heaving the guy took name and room number AGAIN NO RECORD!! he stated NO breakfast appears to be room only!!! oh no more embarrassment!! here we go through it all again.........he took our details and asked us to be seated in the bar area along with about 25 others!!! (this is a big hotel so they should accommodate) after waiting about 15 mins and no refreshments whilst waiting we choose not to stay for breakfast!!!! really not happy with the efficiency of the staff atalll!!!! that is though my only negative attitude this was not good customer service. The hotel is very close to all shopping resaurants stations etc so very well place I did enjoy it although I had the BLIP!! with brekkie and I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

Reviewed August 20, 2010

A beautiful modern building in the Liverpool One area.

If arriving by car, you can park at the Liverpool One parking.
The hotel has discount coupons to be used at the moment of payment (so that you pay only 9 GBP per day): remember to ask for them if you want to drive out during your stay and at check out (I was not informed at checkin).
The parking is huge and has many exists.
If you park at Level 3, you are at ground level on the pedestrian exit; in this case stay near Aisle J, then you find the side entrance of the hotel just in front of the parking exit.
I found Level 2 even more convenient: it is easy to find a good place to park your car and, if you stay in Aisle K, you have immediate access to the lift that takes you to ground level on the pedestrianized area, just a few meters from the previous exit of Level 3: you turn right and you have the back/side of the Hilton just in front of you.
When you do not have luggage, you can also take the escalator.

The front entrance of the Hotel is on the Strand street, just opposite the Albert Docks, where you find the Beatles experience, lots of touristic shops, museums, restaurants etc.

If you cannot open the automatic minibar, do not force it: there is an automatic lock that is engaged until you leave a guarantee (credit card pre-authorization).

I had prepaid the room, no one at reception asked for a credit card pre-authorization nor told me about the minibar lock.

I called the guest hot line to inform about a faulty lamp in the bathroom, but it was never repaired.

I stayed 3 nights and the minibar was not refilled.

There was no pen/pencil in the room.

The TV is a beautiful 32" Samsung with on demand movies (some in HD), BBC HD and usual UK channels.

As usual in GB, no "European" sockets; hair dryer in the room.

My room was large enough, with a beautiful view over the pedestrianized area, really quiet.

The king bed was comfortable.

All usual amenities were available, including laptop size electronic safe.

The air conditioning inlet grille was not completely clean, as frequently happens in many hotels (no real problem though).

The bathroom was modern, large enough, with thermostatic shower in a large tub, scales.

Breakfast and room service were good enough.

In summary, this is a very beautiful and comfortable new hotel right in the centre of Liverpool One, a few steps from Albert Docks and a few minutes on foot from other touristic attractions.

Some aspects of "service" (information at checkin, maintenance) might be improved, but we are discussing just small details.

I would certainly return to Hilton Liverpool when in the area.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 10, 2010

I booked the Hilton Liverpool for a 2nt stay at the beginning of August as a treat for my boyfriend's birthday. We arrived on the Friday afternoon and was given our room straight away. The room featured modern decor and overlooked Liverpool One & Jaime Carraghers bar - perfect if you're Liverpool fans...like us!
The 1st night was spent in the Italian across from the hotel, amazing surroundings (even though it's under ground in a car park) and brilliant food. After a night around town we headed back to the Hilton for a few drinks. The bar was open until the early hours, and after a few champagne cocktails (10.95 each!!) we headed off to bed. The beds were comfy but we were woken very early with what can only be described as a ship horn lol...no seriously there is something very wrong with the plumbing in the hotel and this needs to be looked at. Whenever you take a bath/shower or turn the tap you can hear the loud noise, this includes the rooms around you too!
After a delicious buffet breakfast we headed out for the day. We returned back to our room around 3.30pm and found this still hadnt been cleaned. When we left again at 5pm I had to ask reception to send someone up - the room was clean when we arrived back later in the evening.
On the Sunday morning we went for breakfast again around 10.15 and had to wait 30minutes for a table, the queues are VERY long on a Sunday morning...other people were complaining but we just helped ourselves to coffee and orange juice.
The hotel offers a fantastic location, right opposite Albert Dock, Liverpool One and all the nightlife you could possibly need.
I would definatley stay here again in the near future. Even the celebs stay here, I spotted Carly Cole coming out of the lift with her and Joe Coles baby!
For those who are driving make sure you park at Liverpool One and collect a special ticket from the hotel reception, giving you a discount for 24hrs.

Reviewed August 9, 2010

Needed a city centre hotel to attend a function in the city, so our friends booked us into the Hilton. Plenty of things right but plenty wrong also!
Hotel clean, light and airy as was our room. Having just travelled around Canada for two weeks with the very best service, I was somewhat dismayed to be be asked for £15 for internet access (per day!) and £4 for a bottle of spring water...both supplied free of charge over the pond as a matter of course!
Have to say that the towels in the bathroom were the very best experienced anywhere we have stopped but don't expect any Hilton bathrobes as they aren't supplied.
Bar was ludicrously over-priced and staff hard-pused to keep up, especially when asked for exotic cocktails. If they charge these sort of prices, then you would expect the bar staff to be able to handle debit/credit cards instead of having to escort the purchaser around to the front desk! Also caught on to the scam that the bar staff were exercising later on in the evening. Asking for a gin and tonic, they filled the glass with that much ice, that only half the mixer was used. The other half (if not taken away) was held behind the bar and used on the next drink when required. Therefore, you were charged full price for your half the mixer, and so was someone else. Shoddy!
The fun really started at 4am! Having turned in at just after 1am, was awoken by a very loud banging noise. Having ascertained that it wasn't man-made, I deduced that it was pump that was going beserk. This performance went on for 15 minutes before silence returned. However, we were treated to an encore at 8am. Now somewhat fraught, I hurried to the front desk, where the Duty Manager was summoned. She was very apologetic and offered 20% off the room bill but didn't seem very concerned about the problem. However, reading through previous reviews, I see that others have had this problem and several months ago as well. I would suggest that the management get their heads around this problem and pronto!
Breakfast was great but staff overwhelmed due to large numbers arriving at the same time (it was Sunday morning). Tables left uncleared was a problem but if you bring a new pot of coffee, then please take the empty one away...just don't leave it their cluttering up the table!
Could be a great asset to the city if certain problem areas were addressed.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple