“excellent hotel excellent location”

Hilton Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #39 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersGold level
Howwood, Renfrewshire
“excellent hotel excellent location”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on business. Fantastic location right in the heart of Liverpool one. Even if you are travelling on your own there is a lot to see and do within a half mile radius.

Hotel very modern clean and comfortable. Breakfast time can be busy best to leave it till later if you can - that said food is Hilton standard so always excellent.

My favourite hotel in Liverpool

Gym area very small with poor air conditioning is only down side

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Everardo_Taboada, Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear linda1566,

I am very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel and made full use of not only the facilities the hotel has to offer but also the city centre location. I am sorry to hear that the temperature control in the gym was not adequate and rest assured that it is through feedback such as the one you have provided that we can continuously improve what we do, I will make sure that this is relayed to see how it can be solved.

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience at the hotel with other travellers and look forward to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future. Should you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me or any member of the hotel team.

Everardo.Taboada@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed in the Hilton for one night on a meet up with friends. Luckily for me, my boyfriend is a travel agent and we were offered a room for just £50 each! They then gave us an upgrade to a junior suite at no extra charge! The location of the hotel is perfect. Right in the middle of everything you need in Liverpool. The Junior Suite is excellent, lots of room, amazing views and a huge bathroom. The room was in perfect condition when we arrived and I was really impressed. The staff were all really friendly and it was excellent value for money. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear jennysl04,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share this positive review with other travellers. I am very pleased that you received a complimentary upgrade on arrival at the hotel; we often try and upgrade guests that have come to the hotel to celebrate a special occasion or when this is requested in the guests comment (based on availability). Our primed location in the city centre, adjacent to the Historic Albert Docks as well as attached to the large shopping complex that is Liverpool One allows for our guests to access all the city has to offer without the need of a car!

I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future and should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2013

THE ROOM
We stayed in an Executive suite on Floor 7 for my birthday treat.
The bedroom part was large and the bed comfortable. The lounge part was really large and we actually decided that we didn't really need it, not for one night anyway...so should we stay again, we would probably book just a standard room, even though the price is not massively different. We used it as an ironing room, which seems such a waste!
The weather was hot and the air conditioning was excellent. The room was bright, airy and clean and I have to give a big 'thumbs up' to The Hilton for placing a mirror, on a dressing table, next to a plug and with a light! It seems obvious really, but for a lady putting on make up and hair drying, it is vital and even some of the most expensive hotels don't provide this most basic provision.
The bathroom was a good size, with a bath and a large separate shower cubicle. The actualy shower was a double spray, which gave good power. I wasn't overfussed on the smell of the minatures provided and I don't think other people were as the 2 hair conditions were actually out of date...so must've been there a long time.
We could not hear a sound from outside the hotel in our room, or from other adjoining rooms. The soundproofing on this level must be top notch, as when we left our room to go out, we were surprised as the room next door were in full 'party mode' with loud music and loads of laughter and yet we didn't hear a thing!
THE PIMA BAR
A lot of reviews have referred to this bar on the ground floor, disparagingly as a nightclub, when it is a bar with music. We had a quick drink here before we went out and it seemed rather nice. It is reviewed separately on here and doesn't get a good write up however.
EXECUTIVE LOUNGE BREAKFAST
Just right for what we wanted.
They provided fresh orange, tea, coffee (good quality) toast, jam, marmalade, crosissants, cakes, scrambled eggs and sausages, fruit, cold hams and cheese. There was more but I can't remember what else there was. All good stuff though.
PARKING
The Q car park which takes you underground just before you approach the hotel on the main road infront of the Albert Dock (almost) seems to be as ideally placed as the Liverpool One car park which has a walkway to John Lewis. Both £9 with the hotel ticket redemption, as everyone says.

We didn't use the internet, so we didn't pay the £15 charge.
As this is a popular business hotel, the charge is going to remain whilst business users can claim this on expenses; which means that unless there is some kind of revolt, that ridiculous charge is going to stay put, (whilst firms accept it) and the humble non-business person who has booked a room and just fancies surfing the net, is going to be very disgruntled for a long time to come.
All the staff seemed pleasant.
I hope this review has been informative.

Room Tip: 7th Floor - Executive rooms. More expensive (obviously) but completely soundproof, if that is import...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank J3KTN
Everardo_Taboada, Assistant Night Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear J3KTN,

I would like to thank you so very much for sharing this positive and extensive review with other travellers, I am very pleased that you have made thorough use of all the facilities as well as had an enjoyable and pleasant stay.

Our Executive Suites are very spacious and are focused around the business traveller, and as you have mentioned for a small price difference (when booked in advance) one can enjoy the luxury of a more spacious room. For our leisure travellers, as I believe you were, I would personally recommend one of our King Hilton Junior Suites on your next visit. They are the same price difference as the Executive Suites but rather than being centred around a business traveller, greater emphasis is placed on the living area, the spacious bedroom and a magnificent window facing bath tub whilst also being equipped with a desk should it be required! In addition to these, all of our Suites offer spectacular views of the City Park in Liverpool One. Our Guests in the Executive Floor have access to our Executive Lounge where we offer a complimentary continental breakfast and canapés, wine and beer in the evenings. Located on the 7th floor of the Hotel the Executive Lounge also offers spectacular views of the city as well as a relaxing atmosphere for all guests.

As you have mentioned our Pima Bar, although a popular venue in the city of Liverpool does receive mixed reviews, overall our leisure travellers enjoy the lively atmosphere with a DJ and a dance floor. I am very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time in the bar area.

As we are a City Centre hotel, unfortunately do not have a car park in the Hotel but are lucky to be within walking distance of two multi-storey car parks, the Liverpool One and John Lewis Q Park, both for which we offer a discounted rate on 24hr stay.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Liverpool in the near future and should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Booked a suite here for 2 nights for my mums birthday, service was of the highest standard, all staff were polite, friendly and more than helpful. The food in the cinema club restaurant was outstanding as was the service received. They couldn't do enough for us and made mums birthday wonderful.
We wouldn't hesitate to stay again!

• Stayed July 2013
Everardo_Taboada, Assistant Night Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Smaygermeister,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Liverpool to celebrate your mother’s birthday, I am very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time! Thank you for taking your time to post this review and share your wonderful experience with other travellers, I most certainly look forward on welcoming you and your family back to the hotel in the near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great location, rooms & service. Jess on the front desk was especially helpful. Room service was delicious and the exec lounge has great variety and views. Parking is simple and hassle free, which is rare for a city centre hotel. Will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Everardo_Taboada, Assistant Night Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Sean W,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience with other travellers. I am very pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed and made full use of the facilities that we offer in the hotel. Parking is simple and we offer discounts on two car parks, the Liverpool One (Level 3) and the John Lewis Q Park both of which are no more than a 5 minute walk from the hotel! I will relay your generous comments to Jessica on Reception, I am aware that she reads Trip Advisor quite often so I am sure she will be very thankful. I look forward on welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Many Thanks,

cheshire
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Lovely hotel,,,great bar and excellent clean comfortable rooms,check in and checkout in was fast and efficient and the staff were all very pleasant and helpfull
The hotel is positioned in a very central part of the city center which is a great plus

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Darren D,

Thank you for taking your time to share your positive feedback on your recent stay at our hotel with other travellers. I am very pleased to hear that your experience throughout was excellent as well as making full advantage of the primed location in the city centre. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Many Thanks,

Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Now this is a proper Hilton. We took advantage of the Hilton Sale for a weekend away, rooms are what you'd expect from a Hilton clean, large, super quality bed and bedding. We had a room overlooking Liverpool 1 and Albert Dock far better than the bus station behind the hotel. We had feared that there would be excessive noise from the local bars in L1 and the wedding celebrations downstairs, but we heard nothing. A really good hotel and we stay again; there wasn't even the pushy staff on reception encouraging us to upgrade the room. I thought that was a nice touch actually.

Room Tip: Don't stay in Liverpool any where else!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Everardo_Taboada, Assistant Night Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Martin2206,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience on your recent stay at the Hilton Liverpool with other travellers. I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and look forward on welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.