“Great location and high standards”

Hilton Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #38 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This hotel is perfectly placed to visit the majority of the Liverpool attractions, including the Albert Dock, Liverpool One and the nightlife it has to offer, all of which are in walking distance. The service was excellent and we booked an executive suite as it was a special occasion which gave us fantastic views too. Downside is lack of on-site parking but it was fairly easy to park in Liverpool One and cheaper than the valet parking. We ate in the Exchange restaurant and the only other reason I have not given an overall rating of excellent was because the service in the restaurant was very slow. The food was worth the wait though. The breakfast was also great and the staff were very accomodating who served it. We would definitely return and recommend to anyone planning a visit to the area.

Room Tip: The suite is an excellent choice, very large with two bathrooms and lounge but dont leave the bathro...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Wendy M,
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Liverpool. I am so pleased that you received the high level of service that the hotel aims to provide.
I have informed the Restaurant Department regarding the service; they share their up most apologies and will investigate why it was slow.
If you need any assistance in the future, please contact me directly and I will be more than happy help.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The room was very quiet and clean. Good choice at breakfast but food was a bit cold. Excellent location in the city centre. Staff at hotel very helpful. Would recommend to all. The bar was open until late and was very reasonable cost wise.

Dear Elizabeth L,
Thank you for such great feedback regarding your stay at the Hilton Liverpool. I have reported your comments to the Food and Beverage department to look at ways in which the food at breakfast is kept warm.
Again thank you for your comments and I sincerely hope you stay at the hotel again soon.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here with my wife recently,Superb position and extremely convenient location breakfast is. Excellent and staff helpful only problem no on site parking ,one has to use the nearby multistories which could be a problem if you arrived late in the evening ,otherwise thoroughly recommended

Room Tip: Try for an executive package ,lot of extras

Dear Antony P,
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Liverpool. I sincerely hope that you found the Liverpool One or John Lewis Q park with no hassle.
If you need any assistance in the future please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

The location is great for Liverpool city centre, we used the parking at Liverpool One. The instructions advise you to park on level 3 or that is certainly how my partner interpreted it. It doesn't matter where you park but the exit on level 3 leaves you with a short walk (approximately 200 metres) to the main entrance.
Our room was ready early so we were able to drop our bags and quickly freshen up before heading off to a friend's wedding.
The room struck me as being slightly smaller than the one I had stayed in at the Hampton by Hilton in Birmingham.
The bed however was indeed king size (and some) and the room was clean and well presented.
The bathroom was a decent size, clean and had everything you would expect, I found the lighting slightly dim and felt a dimmer switch rather than an on/off switch could have remedied this.
View from the room was nothing spectacular, a view of Liverpool One. As we had booked for location no complaints.
The reception staff had ordered us a taxi and were attentive and courteous at all times.
Having returned from the wedding reception things rapidly took a turn for the worst. My partner had made her way in while I paid the taxi driver.
I was confronted by a doorman demanding to know "where do you think you're going?" Having produced my door card I was begrudgingly granted access to the hotel reception.
Saturday night sees the reception area and bar area turned into a nightclub, thumping music and drunk clubbers are not what I want to force my way through to get to bed. There seems to be no clearly defined area so I was left to excuse my way through a small crowd to get to the lift; our room was on the second floor and there was some noise pollution.
Breakfast was good, large selection of cold and hot food, self service style and a omelette bar (not staffed) the people working the room were polite and efficient.
On checking out I mentioned the previous nights issues. The receptionists were sympathetic and advised me to complete a feedback form, having had a poor nights sleep and a fantastic day sullied by an unpleasant experience we made our way to the car park having collected the discount voucher.

This hotel is in a fantastic location, the majority of staff were very good, however the doorman and the chaos that greeted me on my return coupled with a poor nights sleep have left my partner and I unsure of whether to use this brand again.

The Hilton Liverpool needs to decide which is more important, residents or clubbers?
From my experience, residents are not welcome here on a Saturday night.

• Stayed: June 2013
Steff B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear RGD1973 ,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave an in detail review regarding your stay with us, I am very glad to see the reception team were able to check you in to your room early, and I hope you enjoyed your friends wedding.
I can only apologise for the welcome you received back at the hotel, I can assure you this is not the usual standard, and the professionalism of the Security staff is being raised with our provider following on from your comments,
I am sorry also that PIMA was not the desired atmosphere you would have preferred on your return to the hotel; our bar is very busy on Saturday nights. As we are aware this is not always desired by our guests we have recently been implementing new procedures to offer our in house residents an alternative, we do now have a residents bar available on 7th floor which is open until 2am, and offers discounted drinks prices alongside a quieter more relaxed atmosphere. This has only been recently introduced and I apologise if you were not made aware of this option.
Our hotel rooms are very well sound proofed, so I am shocked that the noise was able to disturb your sleep, I can assure you that all of the hotel rooms are regularly checked to ensure music levels do not disturb our guests. I will raise this with our Maintenance Manager to have this checked again immediately,

Please accept my sincerest apologies again,

If you would like to discuss your feedback further at all please do not hesitate to contact me on steffanie.buck@hilton.com

Kind Regards,

Steff Buck

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Place was absolutely full, but they squeezed us in. Now normally I have justified misgivings in this scenario BUT food, especially the sea bass was spot-on. The service, by all the staff but especially Oliver was great ! The day was turned into something special !

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Everardo_Taboada, Customer Service Assistant at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear paddy5658,

I am very pleased that you have thoroughly enjoyed your dinner at our Exchange Restaurant. Thank you so very much for taking your time to share your positive feedback, I will make sure to pass on your comments regarding the staff to the Food and Beverage Manager. If you would like to book again in the future please do not hesitate to contact me.

Everardo Taboada
Everardo.Taboada@hilton.com

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Hotel very convenient for Liverpool One and Albert docks area. Upgrade available on check-in. Excecutive upgrade well worth price as complementary drinks, snacks and breakfast available in excecutive lounge. Car park nearby with discount for Hotel resident but dirctions supplied rather confusing as couldn't access level 3 on arrival

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Steff B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Andrew A ,

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your stay with us at Hilton Liverpool, I am glad to see you enjoyed the benefits of our Executive Level rooms, we do highly recommend them for our guests.

My apologies for the problems experienced with the car park, be assured I will check the directions provided on our website are sufficient enough for our future guests,

We look forward to welcoming you again soon,

Kind Regards,
Steff Buck

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Favourite Place to stay in Liverpool . Location Service Helpfullness of Staff . Nothing is to much trouble . If you get the chance upgrade to excutive guest room for a even more relaxing break . Pimma Bar is the place to be seen on a Saturday Night

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Everardo_Taboada, Customer Service Assistant at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear Pauline s,
Thank you so very much for taking your time to write this positive review about our hotel. I am very glad that you enjoy staying at our hotel and make use of not only the upgrades that we have but also our popular Pima Bar on a Saturday night. I hope that I can welcome you to the hotel again soon.
Do not hesitate to contact me or any member of staff at the hotel regarding a future reservation.

Everardo Taboada