“Hilton Hotel, Albert Dock, Liverpool”

Hilton Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #38 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We enjoyed the whole experience. We were attending a company dinner dance on the Saturday and also chose to stay on the Friday. The Dance went well, we had a really nice, modern room and the hotel is in a great location. The breakfast was of good quality both mornings and the staff were very pleasant. Now the bad stuff! We had to ask to have our room made up THREE TIMES! it wasn't done until half past four on Saturday afternoon! The dinner dance reception was due to start at seven o'clock! The maid was very abrupt and unpleasant when she did eventually arrive. This didn't spoil the experience for us but it's a very serious situation when a guest has to complain three time before they can get anything done about their concern. This is the only reason I haven't rated the hotel as Excellent, imagine that... one lousy maid bringing the whole hotel down....
The reception and restaurant staff could not have been more helpful and showed a professional attitude.
I would use this hotel again and recommend it to a friend.

Room Tip: We only saw one room but it was very good on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Steff B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Reg E,

Thank you very much for you feedback regarding your recent stay with is, I am glad to see you overall enjoyed your experience, and the staff were helpful for you,

I do apologise for the unfortunate incident with our housekeeper, I can assure you this feedback will be provided to our Housekeeping Manager for him to review.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon,

Steff Buck

Write a ReviewReviews (3,007)

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The hotel is very convenient for the ACC / BT Convention Centre in the docks and not too far in a taxi from the train station. A warm welcome and spacious room made for a pleasant arrival, although the average conference dinner, early close of the bar and confusion over whether wi-fi was complimentary for delegates of this particular conference as we had been told all meant we were not blown away at any point.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Dan_D_Lincoln_UK,
Thank you for your compliments regarding check in. It is such a shame that you found the Conference to be only average, as we always receive great comments regarding this department. If you found anything to be lacking at all, please contact me directly as I will be able to provide the feedback to the Manager directly.
My email address is sarah.johnson3@hilton.com

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Went here (Pima Bar) one afternoon for some tea and scones - it was delicious! Lovely view in a pleasant environment and the staff were friendly and attentive. I would recommend an afternoon treat like this to anyone.

Haven't stayed here yet as we live not far but I imagine it's of a very high standard.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank _Collie14_

Dear Severalpolecat,
Thank you for such positive feedback in regards to your dining experience at the Pima bar. If there is anyone in particular that you felt really stood out, please contact us.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Liverpool.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I travelled here after visiting Aviemore in scotland to round of my trip. I thought this hotel was in a good centre location and that staff were very welcoming. The amenities in the guest rooms were top notch and definitely worth the money.

Well recommended!

Room Tip: Middle floor
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Anges C,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Liverpool. I am very pleased to hear that you found the staff to be welcoming.
I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed over whilst working in Liverpool. Car Parking on Level 3 in Liverpool 1 shopping centre is the only credible option if you have arrived in a vehicle. excellent location for all things in the city centre and albert dock area. Stayed on 5th floor overlooking docks, mersey and liverpool 1 and excellent view, other side of the hotel is the bus station. Room was good, mattress was worn, poor for a hilton, housekeeping should test them from time to time. Bar seemed to be frequented by locals with a bit of cash, and what comes with it. Staff were good on reception, not so on the bar. Breakfast was good. Need to sort the bar issue out and be a bit more discerning on clientele

Room Tip: ask for one over looking liverpool 1 and not the bus station side
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my parntner on 17th march for st Patrick's day.
We were greeted very warmly by the staff on reception and asked if we would like a lower or higher floor room, I opted for a room on floor 5. The room itself was very stylish and modernly decorated, we had a view of Liverpool 1 and to the left the Albert dock.
I was disappointed the room wasn't as clean as one would expect. I'd dropped my purse on the floor and as I knelt to pick it up i found a enormous amount of dust and crumbs under the bed and on the bed wheels, I would say for the amount of dust that was there this bed has never been lifted and the carpet vacuumed since the hotel was built. The window were also filthy on the inside, with finger prints, dirt and what looked like a can of pop had exploded over it too.
My partner and i found the bed to be quite comfortable.
The breakfast was awful. One of the worst my partner said he had ever eaten.
Bacon was like bacon we have never seen, maybe in a alinclusive hotel in Germany, but not over here. The black pudding was dire and the hash browns hard and dry. If I was ever to stay here again I wouldn't have the breakfast and go to one of the many places that do a full English breakfast with good bacon etc and for a lot less than the £10 per head the hilton charged and that was discounted.
This hotel is in a excellent location, you are a stones throw away from everything you could possibly need.
Would I stay here again? Maybe.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank kayzee70

Dear Kayzee70,
Thank you for kind comments regarding the reception staff. We always aim for a warm welcome to all our guests and I am very pleased to hear when this has been delivered.
I can only apologise for your comments regarding the cleanliness of your room, please in no way think that this is acceptable and to our usual standard. I have reported these comments to the Housekeeping department, who will ensure when checked every room is perfect.
I am very surprised to find that you did not enjoy your breakfast in our Restaurant, we normally receive great feedback and I sincerely hope this did not hinder your stay at all.
If you need any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on sarah.johnson3@hilton.com.
Kind regards,

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Its all about LOCATION - LOCATION - LOCATION

This hotel, is new modern anf very well planned - one of the best exec lounges in the UK

Great Staff, good bar - good service, the people actually care!!!

If you are coming to liverpool this is the hotel to stay in, and get an exec room, its well worth the extra

The location of this hotel, is in walking distance of just about anywhere worthwile in Liverpool

Room Tip: Haggle for an upgrade to and Exec Room