Hilton Liverpool City Centre
$97
  • Restaurant
$70
  • Breakfast included
The Nadler Liverpool(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
$52
Staybridge.com
Aloft Liverpool(Liverpool)
$77
  • Restaurant
Heywood House Hotel(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
$67
$47
Agoda.com
3,175 results
All reviewsthe executive loungepima baralbert dockjohn lewisfloor to ceiling windowsmini barcar parkq parksaturday nighthotel barexcellent locationmodern hotelcomfy bedecho arenafantastic staycity centrelovely room
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was a member of Hilton rewards ,so came to stay on my business visit. The staff was not at all friendly and it seemed to me they had a general distaste towards Asians.

I had to ask many times for any stuff and the laundry,room service was also poor. When i was checking out, they added a extra bill of 15 pounds, On questioning they removed it frommy bill, but had i not seen it i would have paid for sometime which i had not taken.

The rooms are good, but i think rooms and facilities don't make a hotel great. Its the way you treat your customers that makes a difference.

I think they need to improve on the service part a lot.

Room Tip: Search for other hotels, There are many available in Liverpool. But if you do get rooms here,Take the higher floors
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Staff in general seemed to have a couldn't care less attitude - one or two exceptions but in the main poor. I stayed at the Hilton Wembley a couple of weeks prior and the staff were great.

e.g. 1. check in, no porter to help with bags despite having two kids in tow and a wife with a broken arm.

2. the bar is a decent size, busy on an early Friday evening. Stood at quiet end of bar , eye contact made with two bar staff who both promptly looked away and stayed at the other end of the bar. A passing glass collector told me that I wouldn't get served there so walked around the corner to the same bar person who had made eye contact and got served immediately. Why have a bar that looks open and just ignore the customer???

3. in for breakfast.....I politely requested a pot of green tea. First two servers either forgot or could not be bothered. Only at the third time of asking, when I was far less polite did the pot of tea turn up.

4. Sunday morning.....10 am til 11 is normally pretty busy at checkout......so one receptionist on the front desk......and there are three stations........OK so the only receptionist did go and fetch a colleague to assist but what are the management doing not having it fully staffed at peak times?

Great location for Albert Dock and shops. Very clean rooms and comfortable. No parking on site but fair discount offered by hotel when using John Lewis secure parking.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed here for two nights over the weekend. We were checked in quickly, but the TV in the room didn't work and there was only one chair to sit on, apart from an office chair on wheels by the desk, meaning one of you has to sit on the bed to watch the TV. Someone did come up promptly and managed to fix the TV and I requested an extra chair which was brought up to us. On a positive note the hotel is ideally situated for shopping and sight seeing and everything was clean, if a little jaded. We were surprised there was a charge for the wi-fi as some hotels provide this for free. We were attending a company dinner/dance at the hotel on the Saturday night and I have to say that the function room was beautifully decorated, the carvery meal was outstanding and the staff were very helpful and attentive. I think the main disappointment during our stay was that although the breakfast was very tasty, it wasn't very warm and particularly when it was served in the function room on the Sunday morning, it was barely lukewarm even though I took it straight to the table. Also on the Saturday morning, we joined friends for breakfast and they had been waiting half an hour to be served with tea or coffee. We had a reasonable stay at the Hilton but if we were to stay in Liverpool again, I would try out a different hotel. I would also agree with people who said the bar was very busy and noisy at the weekend, it didn't affect us in any way but it is worth noting if you were hoping for a quiet drink there!.

Room Tip: We did have a look at a Junior Suite which had a large living room and a lovely bathroom with a huge tub, the living room was a little jaded though. We had a basic double room on the second floor and there was a very low noise level.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Steff B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear Jane A,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay with us for your Dinner/Conference event.

I am glad to see the problems with your room were resolved quickly by the hotel staff, and the stay was overall enjoyable for you.

I do apologise that the breakfast was cold for the private breakfast in the Grace Suite; I can assure you these comments have been passed on to our Head Chef for review for if a company requires this for in the future.

I do hope you choose to return to us in the future.

Kindest Regards,

Steff Buck

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Had a good check in and upgraded to a suite, being a HH Gold Member.

As this was a weekend, it was full of people going nightclubbing..the exec lounge was packed and hard to find a seat...The bar in fact was a table covered with a tablecloth at one end of this very narrow room, so there was soon a queue as just one girl serving behind this "bar"!

The lounge/bar was so busy, full of nightclubbers.

Hotel is in a good location for shopping, right next door to John Lewis and also loads of bars and restaurants closely.

The breakfast was very good.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again for a shopping trip.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Pandas1,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback regarding your visit to Hilton Liverpool, I am glad to see that you received your HH Upgrade to one of our suites, we do our best to ensure our Hilton Honors members receive their benefits during their stay.

My apologies that you were made to queue in the Executive Lounge; we do our best to manage the staffing levels as per the business needs.

I am glad to see you will return to us for a future shopping trip, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Steff

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Fab location and staff lovely and eager to help. Despite being busy with events downstairs the rooms were quiet ! The room and bathroom were very clean. Lovely breakfast with lots of choice but on the second day the choice was much reduced on the continental front ie no muffins, crumpets and choc au pains. Still a lot to choose from though. We would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Steff B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Jennie S,

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your stay with us, we are glad you enjoyed your visit.

I am also happy to see you enjoyed your breakfast, and apologise for the lack of pastries ect.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon,

Regards