“A memorable evening at this first rate hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Hilton Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #41 of 100 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersGold level
United Kingdom
“A memorable evening at this first rate hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I attended a private dinner party on Valentine's night for 40 guests. On arrival, I made myself known to the banquet supervisor, because I have dietary issues due to kidney failure, which proved no difficulty and was superbly handled. There was nothing too much for their well trained staff to help us with. Their willingness to ensure we had a good evening was outstanding. Our young lady who served us was first class. Thank you Team Hilton.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Stuart170649

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton hotel in Liverpool for one night celebrating an anniversary just before Valentine ’s Day and although a little costly this was expected due to the reputation of the Hilton & I must say it was worth it!

Me & my boyfriend stayed for the one night and we did have trouble checking in, however we understood that this was not the fault of the hotel, but the company we booked with! We booked online with a different website from that of the Hilton website itself and upon checking in the hotel had no record of our booking. It took a while for things to get sorted but we were fully informed of everything that was going on and staff were very apologetic and upon noticing we were getting agitated by the wait offered us a seat and we noticed their effort to sort things for us as quickly as possible, which we greatly appreciated, as this issue was no fault of their own.

We eventually got checked in and I was amazed at the room, we stayed on the 6th floor, which as well as the rest of the guestrooms, is only accessible via the lifts with a room key, therefore I felt very safe. The room was extremely clean, very modern and the carpet was so nice I took my shoes off immediately! The bed was huge and very comfortable; the room was very spacious and warm with air conditioning if it got uncomfortably warm and plenty of lighting all around the room.

The bathroom was beautiful, again very modern with a toilet, shower and bath! A lot of towels provided and presented beautifully. The entire room was very very clean and small shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and things like that were provided which was very helpful. However, we did find it was a bit strange that no hand wash or toothpaste was provided. When asking for toothpaste at reception they provided with us a small tube each straight away, again very helpful staff. Made use of both shower and bath, both were great & running hot water for the bath didn’t affect the hot water in the shower. Room & hotel cleanliness - Thumbs up!

The room and facilities provided were very good and as mentioned staff were extremely helpful and friendly. When waiting to check in, I noticed other guests having small problems i.e. woman asked for a bath in her room and when reaching her room didn't have one, so she informed reception on her way out for lunch. Upon doing so, staff told the woman to go for lunch and they would move her things to a room with a bath. Staff - Thumbs up!

Although I only stayed for one night, me and my boyfriend had a great night & would definitely definitely recommend to anybody wishing to stay in Liverpool for a short or long stay!
Loved it!

1 Thank Chelsea M
Steff B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Chelsea M,

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your stay,

I am very pleased to see you and your partner enjoyed your anniversary here with us at Hilton Liverpool so much, and that even in the absence of an unfortunate incident on arrival, we were able to help as efficiently as possible.

Thank you again, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Kind Regards,

Steff
Birkdale, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is a good quality Hilton - well positioned within Liverpool. The receptionists are friendly and welcoming. However room service is pretty poor from a service perspective. I had to call three times for glasses to be bought to the room taking over an hour...

At night we had to wait over an hour for a glass of coke - this turned out to be because they had not made a note of the room number...

On the plus side (assuming you don't wnat a quiet night) the bar on a Saturday night is absolutly rammed with Liverpool's finest totty :-)

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Albert Dock
    • 1 of 5 stars
Llandudno, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

A top quality hotel in all aspects, staff were brilliant, bar was very peaceful and relaxing, a lovely tapas type bar menu, with a quick speedy and polite service.

The location was brilliant for both Liverpool One. Albert Dock and Maritime.

The bedroom was well furnished, with a King Size bed that was very comfortable and imprtantly was very quite and peaceful

• 5 of 5 stars
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear John and Kaz,

I am pleased to hear of the relaxing and brilliant stay that you had with us on February. I am glad that both the hotel and staff were able to make your stay a pleasant one.

I would like to thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. I hope that you consider us next time you are in the city.

Sarah Johnson
Midlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Booked this mystery hotel for Saturday and Sunday night and was informed by the call centre chap that I wouldn't be dissapointed, luckily I wasn't. But if you are driving to the hotel and dont know your way around Liverpool it's not that easy to access it and Satnav takes you to the bus station. Parking is also tricky to find as you have to park in Liverpool 1 Q carpark but once you do it it all makes sense. Park on the 3rd floor. £9.50 for 24 hours with the hotel voucher. Check in smooth and we were directed to the 6th floor executive double room (why there was only 1 dressing gown and 1 pair of slippers I dont know) with access to the executive lounge. Drinks, canapés and afternoon tea Value for money but wouldn't pay for the breakfast in the lounge as it was uninspiring and cold. Staff all very friendly and pleasant. Hotel clean......definitely give it a 4star!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jainhair
St. Neots, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We spent a weekend here and what a wonderful hotel it is..... but then it should be for the price!
Check in was quick and courteous. Car park fees explained and discount voucher given. The lifts were a pain though, needing the room keycard to allow you to exit on your floor.
The room was a good size, well heated with air conditioning. Clean and tidy. Suffered from a lack of drawer space like all modern hotels though. Great view over the docks towards the river.Lovely bathroom.
Bar prices were ridiculous but the bar was packed Friday and Saturday nights - there's no money in the North you know!
Great breakfast - everything you could want with eggs of your choice and kippers cooked fresh to order. Daren't look at the restaurant menu.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Martin_Young_12
Wigan, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

stayed for one night - room spacious bathroom clean & roomy also;good TV
took me an hour to get a reply from reception - tried 3 times- regarding clothes left behind by previous occupant- they were removed as soon as I got through
bar staff friendly brought over my coffee but muzak rather too loud in lounge area - very busy & not a place to relax
bed too hard for me
breakfast -good choice & food hot but nothing special

Room Tip: higher the better I imagine - we were over the bus depot but not disturbed by any noise
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple