“Great Hotel”

Hilton Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #38 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Really great hotel. Upgraded to exec room with lounge access as HHGold. Great start!
Fantastic location right by Liverpool One with all it has to offer.
Nice rooms, reasonable exec lounge (evening hors d'oeuvres poor/average though) and friendly staff.
I would happily go back and indeed will definitely return to Liverpool for leisure.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank abracadabra007
There are newer reviews for Hilton Liverpool City Centre

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Quite expensive at £175 per night for a very average room.
At that price you may expect to get breakfast but not at Hilton Liverpool that will set you back another £15 pp
Location is superb but much better hotels are available in this superb city.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank LesPanther
Steff B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear LesPanther,

Thank you very much for your feedback, all feedback received to the hotel is constructive and allows us to improve our product in the future.

We do review all of our prices to ensure remain competitive in the city, and feel our rates reflect on the service provided as well as the quality of the bedrooms, bar, restaurant ect.

Please accept my apologies that you felt your room was overpriced, I can assure you this will be taken on board and hope you are able to return to us again in the future, if so please book direct with the hotel for the best possible rate.

Best Regards,

Steff Buck

Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel is in a good location. A few minutes walk through the shopping center from the train station, right across the street from Albert Dock and adjacent to Liverpool One shopping center. The staff is helpful enough. The food/drink in PIMA was a bit expensive but you're in the UK so that is normal. Our room had a great view of the dock and we enjoyed that. My one complaint is that the rooms don't really get cool enough but when I mentioned that to the front desk they sent up a fan - which was great. We used points for the room so I can't compare the value but it was a good, comfortable night's sleep for sure.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Great hotel, all as expected from a Hilton hotel other than the initial welcome at reception which could have been more welcoming although efficient. Room first class. Only stayed one night and did not have opportunity to experience the all of the facilities but would recommend on the basis of our experience.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The room was clean and had a lovely big bed. £3.95 for a bottle of water in the room. We were staying for a ball and meal, very slow service and portion sizes small, not enough veg. Breakfast nice but my husband had to look at ten plates before he found a clean one. Chambermaids and reception staff very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 18, 2012

What a disappointment. I had to house guests visiting the city. So, I booked Executive suites (the best rooms-supposedly below the presidential suite!). This was over £350 per night! It was a very poorly decorated room, hardly any furniture in with a view of the empty shopping mall! I will not make the same mistake again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Steff B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear RafetGaz,

Please accept my sincere apologies that you were not satisfied with the decor of your room. The rooms are designed in a minimalistic and modern way, and I can understand that this was, unfortunately, not to your taste.

I am also sorry to see that you have marked us low on service in the hotel, we pride ourselves on providing high service, and can only apologise for whatever has caused this result.

Please trust that we use all guest feedback constructively and I will ensure these comments are communicated to the relevant parties, if you do choose to return in the future, our Hilton Executive Guestrooms are smaller and quite cosy as an alternative to the Executive Suites, we also have these rooms available with views of Albert Dock on request.

My apologies again,

Steff Buck

Reviewed November 17, 2012

The Hilton Liverpool is a comfortable hotel in an excellent location. The room was spacious and well appointed. I was disappointed that, as a Hilton Honors member, I still had to pay £15 for Internet service each day.

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor, and it was very nice. I had a view of the dock area and the ferris wheel. Th...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business