Hilton Liverpool City Centre
The Nadler Liverpool(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
$52
  • Pool
Aloft Liverpool(Liverpool)
$89
  • Restaurant
Heywood House Hotel(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
$55
$44
Agoda.com
$144
HotelQuickly
3,175 results
All reviewsthe executive loungepima baralbert dockjohn lewisfloor to ceiling windowsmini barcar parkq parksaturday nighthotel barexcellent locationmodern hotelcomfy bedecho arenafantastic staycity centrelovely room
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This hotel merits its 4 star rating. The lobby, dining area and rooms are first class. Staff polite, helpful and efficient. The room was a bit pricey at €140 for 1 B+B, but it seems aIl Liverpool hotels mark up when Liverpool are playing at home. If you have no interest in football, and are not pushy about when you want to visit, it might be worthwhile checking out the fixture list. You will notice the difference in flight prices also.
What I liked most about this hotel was its location: 2 minutes away from Albert Dock with its museums, shops and bars, 1 minute from the Bus Station (86A or Arriva 500 to the airport), and the fact that Liverpool One, the ciy's largest shopping centre is next door.
The only "downside" that older folk may find is that a nightclub appeared in the lobby on the saturday I stayed. (Sound did not travel upstairs though). It appeared to me that only wealthy young types and their retinues were allowed, but it was fun to watch. The "ladies" were dressed in outfits that would make Rathkeale girls blush, and I'm sure I saw Joanna Lumley's mum there. Big hair everywhere.
All in all, Liverpool was a great spot whether it be for for shopping, footie or nights out.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Steff B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

Dear PetedeCueilleur,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this feedback,

I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us, as stated in some previous reviews our location is a prime spot in Liverpool, and we are very glad to be in the heart of the city centre.

Pima Bar in the hotel does get busy on a Saturday, I am glad you enjoyed people watching. We scouse girls do like to dress up at any occasion! We did put a lot of effort into ensuring the full sound proofing of the bedrooms when the building was built three years ago, so it is good to see this has paid off.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon,

Best Regards

Reviewed October 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton Liverpool for two nights on 12th/13th October 2012. During this stay we had to have our key card reprogrammed 7 (seven) times to allow access to the hotel room, hotel lift and Executive lounge. This was a serious inconvenience as several times when this happened there were very lengthy queues in reception.

I sent an Email to the hotel on the 14th October (including a photo of the long reception queue) asking for an explanation of what went wrong. I have not received a reply.

At the time I was told that the problem was due to me and my wife keeping our cards too near a mobile phone/other credit cards. This unfortunately did not explain why this has not happened to me on any of the other 63 nights that I have stayed in a Hilton hotel this year when the card was stored in the same place.

Other than the above the hotel is in an ideal location to explore Liverpool's sights, pubs, restaurants, cathedral and exhibitions. The breakfast and the executive lounge were also good.

My rating is poor due to our experience with the key cards and lack of reply to me Email.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Paulstevenson0,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the hotel,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems experienced with your key cards, we do have quite a reliable system for the keys in the hotel, and we very rarely have problems with them, so unfortunately I can offer no explanation, but my apologies again, I can appreciate how frustrating this must have been.

I am not aware of any emails that have been sent regarding this complaint, and have checked with our Guest Relations Manager who deals with most guest feedback, and she also has not received anything, if you would like to resend this email you can send it to me directly steffanie.buck@hilton.com

I am glad to see you enjoyed all other areas of your stay and apologise again that this one issue caused such a hassle to you and your wife.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

The Hilton at Liverpool 1 is postitioned perfectly for visitors keen to hit the shops or those wishing to wander round the Albert Dock with its galleries and museums. We stayed in a junior suite which was spacious with a slightly awkward shapped sitting area but a wonderful bathroom and an incredibly comfortable bed. We had access to the executive lounge which included complimentary alcoholic drinks for a couple of hours in the evening. We didn't really take advantage of this - the lounge feels a bit like an airport and there are much nicer places to relax. Staff were universally helpful despite the hotel feeling very busy & breakfast was good.

Dear SR73,

Thank you for your kind feedback and marks for the hotel, our location is one of our best features and I do hope that you had the opportunity to see everything you wanted to during your stay in the city!

We take all feedback on board and will of course pass on your comments regarding the Executive Lounge.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon,

Best Regards

Reviewed October 22, 2012

it was my girlfriends birthday so as a treat we stayed in the hilton and while booking i also took the chance of going on standby and hoping for a room up grade.well when it cam to booking in we got a upgrade to a room with a view just for an extra £15,there isn't anything that can be said that was wrong with our stay we were on the 5th floor and to get there you have to use your key card in the lift.on entering room we found a nice comfy kingsize bed,there is a kettle with tea and coffee stored in the warddrobe along with an iron.you can also have the mini bar open if you want and also there is a small safe that is simple to use.you can also have the sound of the tv pumped through to the bathroom sadly that is were there is 1 small complaint there was 2 small black hairs in the bath.
a nice touch for breakfast is that you hang a sign on your door before 2am with what you want for breakfast and what time and it will be brought to your room so that saves the hassle of getting ready a going down for breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Steff B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Dear Paul J,

I am very glad you and your girlfriend decided to celebrate a birthday in our hotel, and I thank you for your kind comments.

I will also provide your feedback to our Housekeeping Manager regarding the cleanliness, my apologies for this; our Hilton cleanliness standards are usually very high.

I do hope you have the opportunity to return to us in again the future,

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed here (not for the first time, so should have really known better) and nothing has changed or improved since my last stay. Last time I was here there were channels on the TV which did not work and I was told by Reception that this was being addressed. I stayed again over the weekend (20th October) and the same channels were still not working...2 months after my last visit.

Staff at this hotel seem disinterested at best and plain rude at worst. I was ignored at breakfast as 4 members of staff walked past me without acknowledging me when I was waiting for a table, including the restaurant supervisor who eventually seated my wife and I. Whilst this was a busy Sunday morning breakfast, surely it wasn't a surprise that people would be coming down!

The room at the hotel was of a good standard although the mini bar was locked with no way to get it open and of course the comment I made earlier about the TV.

Overall, not great value for money and especially considering how much competition there is now in Liverpool. I would be seriously worried if this were my hotel. The staff overall are poor ambassadors and the product is nowhere near good enough to make up for it.

Room Tip: Make sure you're room is as high up as you can get it if you're staying over a weekend

Dear LSMan,

I am very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us on these two occasions, I agree that the competition in Liverpool hotels is at a high bar, and so thank you for your constructive feedback.
I will hand your comments about team attitude over to the Restaurant and Bar Manager, we continuously ensure high levels of staff training to give our team the best skills for excellent customer service, and so I am surprised that this was not given on this occasion.
I will finally raise your television [problems with our maintenance team to review our television signal standards in the rooms,
Please accept my apologies again; I do hope you return to us in the future and that we have the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel.