“Disappointing”

Gourmet Burger Kitchen (Liverpool)
Ranked #246 of 1,814 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Liverpool
Description: Serving up gourmet burgers in the UK since 2001. Offering a variety of delicious burgers, homemade sauces and seriously good milkshakes.
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I am actually still sat in here as i write this i am that disappointed, me and my son came here and there was only 3 or 4 other tables occupied when we arrived, we were say at a table that was very unstable, anyway more people came in and I got up and placed our order, 40 mins later we are still sat waiting for our food when people who arrived after us had eaten and left!!!
Finally our food arrived, it didn't look very 'gourmet' but anyway as I bit into my burger I discovered it wasn't cooked to the doneness I had asked for even after a 40 minute wait!!!
The food was ok at best, definitely NOT gourmet and very over priced for the standard!!
I won't be returning and would not recommend this place to anyone, you would be far better going to any other restaurant that has burgers on the menu!!!

1  Thank CraigM_PT

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I've just read a review on here of someone complaining that their burger was 'raw'. Seriously, some people's stupidity and obnoxiousness never stops surprising me.

GBK Liverpool's burgers are top-class. The prices reflect how nice the burgers are and they offer a pretty decent range of veggie options too (try their 'Billy The Kid' burger, it's amazing).

I've been going here for a few years now and the staff are always pleasant and actually easy to talk to (which is a rarity when it comes to restaurant staff).

And for those of you complaining that it's 'too expensive' - the prices are on the menu outside the restaurant. If you don't like them, don't go in and order, it's actually pretty simple. Idiots.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

During recent weekend trip with wife and 10 yo son to liverpool had read good reviews about this plae so gave it a try.BIG MISTAKE. Before being seated my son was asked his age which is 10 and we were given 3adult menus- even though we wanted a kids menu i was told up to age9 for kids meals.we arrived mid afternoon and had to wait 10 mins for seats even though we could see 3 tables were empty. The table we were seated at was filthy and so were the seats.Alarm bells should have rung then but i reviewed menus and ordered drinks.1 milkshake priced over £4 - 1 bottle beer £3.50- 1 bottle cider £3.85.
We were told to order at the bar which is usually done at these out of town multifranchise eateries.
On ordering a chicken burger 4oz for my son and 2 cheese burgers 6oz for us -1portion of skinny fries and 1portion of regular fries which i thought would be enough for the 3 of us.
£42 later then the food arrived only to be described as paltry.The so called gourmet burgers were small and the portions of fries laughable.The burgers were not even that juicy and the garnish very thinly cut.The skinny fries were soggy and this did not bode well for the skin on fries ordered which arrived only after i reminded the waitress twice.
Call me old fashioned but when i pay £24 for three so called gourmet burgers i want the experience to be rememerable.
Sadly this was not the case.
The following day we went to a Yates which is at the bus station and i can trully say that that experince was value for money and the food was fantastic which was a suprise.
Tried gourmet burger kitchen once-never will go again..

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Gourmet Burger has to be one of the best places to eat if you're with friends or even just your other half and want a place that is easy and serves tasty food. We have been a few times now with friends (and alone with my wife) and the food is great! They have a great selection of different burgers and the service is very good.

Fantastic for casual eating and the food is excellent.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Food was OK but portions are average and prices are over the top for what you get. There are other places better quality and value nearby.