“Reasonable Value”

Gourmet Burger Kitchen (Liverpool)
Ranked #241 of 1,812 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Liverpool
Description: Serving up gourmet burgers in the UK since 2001. Offering a variety of delicious burgers, homemade sauces and seriously good milkshakes.
Reviewed December 15, 2012

No different from all other GBK, but in a good location at the top of Liverpool One. Small, friendly and clean. The food came out quite quickly and was well prepared.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have visited GBK Liverpool One several times over the past 12 months and made an executive decision to never return.

In previous experiences, I have been extremely disappointed on all fronts. From seeing the chef screaming through to bar area in a most aggresive manner, eating a burger that was sprawled across the plate like it was prepared by a toddler, to seeing two waiting staff try to run the restaurant trying to do 100 jobs at once. And this was all during one visit!

As we were attempting to catch a quick bite before watching Michael McIntyre, it became apparent that the only restaurant on the terrace with a wait less than an hour was GBK. After much deliberation between me and my partner, I surrendered to the fact that we were going to dine here.

As per my expectations, I waited over 40 minutes for my food. I was also put off by the manager rearranging the restaurant and shouting across our table in a shrill european accent to get the attention of other waiters. The restaurant was so crammed already, it felt like a sardine tin. Yet more people were being slotted into the tiniest gaps imaginable. I was livid as we were due to catch our gig and it looked as though we were going to have to leave and go to the echo hungry and angry.

I then spoke to a young waitress named vicki who was more than helpful. She knelt at our table and apologized and explained the reasons for the wait, dropped what she was doing and brought us free drinks, sorted that our food arrived at the table within 5 minutes and even gave us a plethora of other complimentary items. She told us not to rush, and that she would wrap up anything that didn't get eaten so we could have a nibble en route. She seemed genuinely sorry and concerned that we might not enjoy our stay, she encouraged us to come back in the week when it's not as busy and she will recommend us an 'awesome' burger.

Although I feel the food is still under par compared to the prices, I can now say I will not rule out dining at gbk again. The customer service was second to none, and I can imagine that without the chaos of the weekend rush, and the cramped loud conditions, I will enjoy my burger experience more than previous visits.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Service is terrible, staff too busy chatting behind the bar to notice you want their attention because they have your order wrong. The high chair my daughter was expected to use had milk stains and crumbs on it. I complained to the manager, a young girl wearing glasses who rolled her eyes as if I was being unreasonable. We ended up walking out. Food was awful, gourmet it is not!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Always fancied eating here as a fan of the chains founder Peter Gordon, but have been put off by the frankly crap reviews for this particular branch. Was taken here today and had the best burger of my life!

Yes I know it's only a burger but it was delicious, cooked a perfect medium rare as requested and actually made of quality produce which must be rare in a burger joint!

Rest of my party all agreed that it really was top notch!

Not cheap for a burger but its not a cheap burger!

Go now!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Really great burgers and served very quickly. If you like a burger you can't go wrong with this place.