“Fantastic Hotel - Really Great!!”

Hampton by Hilton Liverpool/John Lennon Airport
Ranked #28 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed October 4, 2013

You can't go wrong with this hotel. It's really great.

Firstly the location is AMAZING!! I can't stress enough what a difference it made to my journey knowing that the airport departures was literally across the road from the hotel. When I say across the road I'm talking about door to door. The hotel has a lift that takes you directly to the airport door - you don't need to worry about getting lost or being late. It's truly fantastic.

The next best thing about this hotel is that it's so easy to find. Just follow the road to departures and you wil see the bright red Hampton sign. Road signs direct you to the private hotel car park and when you arrive at night from a different city you will be very glad of this.

Parking is fantastic. Im used to being thoroughly ripped off by airport hotel parking (especially when the hotel is so close to the airport) so I was really impressed with the £8 fee that I didn't pay because the hotel stamped my parking ticket!! Amazing.

The one thing I will say is that twin rooms come with 1 queen bed and 1 camp bed. This is standard across the chain but it came as a shock to us. This is not made clear at time of booking and I gather from reading other reviews that we weren't the only ones to get stung by this. Although I loved this hotel I have to say that the twin room camp bed supplied was small, short and had worrying metal ends protruding - very uncomfortable, unappealing and very unsafe.

I enjoyed watching the planes taking off and landing from my hotel window. If you have kids or a plane spotter in the family you will love this hotel. The rooms have black out blinds and noise cancelation windows if you would rather watch tv.

The hotel has a bar and food is served. Meals are bar snacks but we had a curry (delicious) and pasta (delicious) just don't expect 3 courses.

Room Tip: Do not book a twin unless you know in advance who is taking the horrible camp bed!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
GSM_Hampton, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton by Hilton Liverpool/John Lennon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear 432JJ_London,

Thank you for such a detailed review – and for your kind comments regarding our hotel location, car parking and evening meals. I am so pleased you had a nice time with us and most importantly, you consider your stay to be good value for money.

With regards to twins rooms the hotel does not offer rooms with two single beds in as all rooms contain queen beds. Our alternative is the option of an additional sofa bed however I would like to apologise if this was not the layout you were expecting.

I hope that this will not dissuade you from staying with us again in the future and will consider us again next time you are visiting Liverpool.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

this hotel has got to be the best for location for the airport... we were able to leave the hand luggage. go and check suitcases in. go back to hotel. have breakfast. which was great... as after 6am its a cooked one... 4am till 6am continental.... we then went straight back over through gates and straight onto the plane.... no hassle .... would certainly use it again... even to visit the city if we were to arrive and have acouple of days there....

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Yvonne C,

Thank you for such a positive review of your time with us at the Hampton Liverpool Airport. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay, and that our proximity to the airport and early breakfast times were convenient for you during your travels. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are flying from Liverpool Airport.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Very early start from John Lennon airport so this was perfect. Can't get any closer! Good price for the room and car parking for 6 nights. Very good room, large and with excellent facilities. Staff friendly and helpful. Definitely do this again if needed

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Lauren1ee,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Hampton, and for such positive feedback! I am so pleased you took advantage of our location and car parking packages. It was also nice to read that you found the rooms to be spacious and comfortable, along with our friendly staff. I hope you will consider us again next time you are flying from Liverpool Airport.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

booked into the hotel 11.30p.m. after a horrendous flight from Malta. Initial impressions good. When we got to the room it was freezing with"air-conditioning". Could find no way of switching it off and because we were dead beat my wife and I had a cup of tea and went to bed. We spent the night shivering because of this air-conditioning. Woke up in the morning feeling worse than when we went to bed and when I mentioned this to reception was told "you should have read the hotel booklet". It turned out there was a little control panel above the light switch at the entrance measuring about 2" x 2" .When I looked in the book there was no mention of this control panel.I told the receptionist this and got the reply "oh isn't there I will have to look" After a week in Malta and getting superb service it came as a real shock to get this attitude. No apology no nothing just the feeling that the attitude was "we have your money so who cares"

Room Tip: Double bedroom- one easy chair, one bedside cabinet. Inspect the room before taking it and paying

Dear goff22,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Hampton Liverpool Airport. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced with regards to the air conditioning, and have notified the Maintenance department so that any faults may be rectified. . I hope you will consider us again next time you are in Liverpool.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stay when ever I fly from liverpool and every thing about the hotel is always of a very high standard It is very clean and comfortable, also its across the road from the airport. perfect for a good nights sleep and a wash and change either before or after a flight You would not know you are outside an airport when you are in the hotel Friendly staff large clean and comfortable rooms what mor do you need

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear MEGDOG1,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, for such positive feedback and for a top rating! As a returning guest it was a pleasure to read that we have managed to maintain our high standards. I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the Hampton again soon.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Moderately sized room.
Clean, nice and modern style hotel.
Perfect airport location & adequate parking.

Poor and tasteless breakfast. Unaccommodating staff.
Basic & pricy restaurant facilities serving only limited choice of pizza.

Regrettably we experienced an intermittent noise from the heating system which disrupted our night before departing for an early flight. When we raised our complaint in the early morning, the reception attendant didn't even bother to take note of our matter (also for the benefit of other tenants). It was clear that the stated money back guarantee was not being honoured. I had also sent a formal complaint via email and form.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
GSM_Hampton, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton by Hilton Liverpool/John Lennon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear RVC-MT,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I enjoyed reading your comments relating to how clean you found our bedrooms, the location of the hotel and breakfast.
However it was most disappointing to read your comments relating to members of staff as we pride ourselves on customer service.
Please can I ask that you contact me directly on vicki.brown@hilton.com to discuss this further?

Once again thank you for your feedback and I hope that you will not be dissuaded from staying with the Hampton by Hilton brand again in the future.

Guest Service Manager

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Have used the hotel previouslyeither before an early flight or after a late arrival. Flight was late and we arrived at the hotel at 1.30am last Friday and check-in was excellent. Room was ready for us with requests. Furry white towels are a dream! Good breakfast and plenty. The combination of a clean room and friendly staff means the hotel is our first consideration when travelling from Liverpool Airport.

Room Tip: No problems with sound from runways - sweet dreams
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
GSM_Hampton, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton by Hilton Liverpool/John Lennon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Jackie G,