“Fantastic airport hotel”

Ranked #26 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic airport hotel”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I thought this was a really good airport hotel. Parking is available and if you're only staying one night it's free. The hotel is great value. For money, I had breakfast included in my rate and it was pretty good, they serve from 0400 to 1000!!

Rooms are a generous size and mine had a sofa and a footstool. The bathroom had a double size shower and the toiletries were all of good quality. It's a modern hotel, very clean and the lounge area is divided into sections and is very comfortable. The sound proofing is excellent and you wouldn't know you were in the airport - there's a lovely view of the river Mersey and in the distance you can see the Anglican cathedral.

Most of all the staff were very welcoming - Jodie, who was on reception when I arrived was lovely, both professional and welcoming. Would I use this hotel again? Definitely!

Room Tip: I was on the 8th floor, it gave great views
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Mairead_Smyth, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton by Hilton Liverpool/John Lennon Airport, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear E3388travel
Thank you for such a positive review of your recent stay. It was a pleasure to read you enjoyed your time with us and thank you for your kind words regarding our rooms, facilities and our value for money. Thank you also for your compliments regarding our staff - it is most appreciated. We hope to welcome you back to the Hampton again soon.
Mairead Smyth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Polish first
Bordeaux, France
Reviewed July 30, 2013

One night stop between Ireland and France. Room and bathroom exceptionally clean and comfortable. Cleaning staff working very, very hard when I arrived. Reception staff young and pretty, which perhaps travelling businessmen like to see. But sometimes it is more reassuring to see people of experience and age. Did not eat as the sterile design of this hotel put me off any idea that there might be a fresh meal at the bar (there is no restaurant). I had to eat at the airport. Hotel could be accused of having more style than substance. However location excellent for early morning flights.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Anwar,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Hampton Liverpool Airport. I was pleased to read the room was to your liking, and thank you for kind words regarding our Housekeeping team – they work very hard and are rarely acknowledged. Thank you also for your lovely compliments regarding our reception staff, however don’t let their age fool you where experience is concerned. I am sorry if the hotel design was not to your liking, and I hope that this will not dissuade you from staying with us again in the future.
Kind Regards, Mairead Smyth
cleator moor, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Best airport hotel I have ever stayed at, ease of access to airport is fantastic,route to the hotel is easy. Would definitely recommend it and will be using it again .If I could have one complaint its that the bacon isnt done to a crisp like I like it

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Dear William,
Thank you for such a lovely review, and for awarding us a 5* rating. I am so pleased everything was to your liking, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton again soon.
manchester
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We had a very good price deal to include car parking whilst abroad. It was my birthday and the hotel/management left me chocolates and wine in the room which was a lovely touch and much appreciated. Breakfast was more than adequate and the staff very helpful. Overall a great overnight stay. Did not use the bar or eat in the restaurant so cannot speak for those facilities. Agree with a previous correspondent that it was a bit difficult to work out the way in, but we phoned from the car and they told us which entrance to use which made it easy. Would be happy to stay there again. It was a two minute walk to the Terminal.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Stan,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay – I am so pleased you enjoyed your time with us, and I hope you had a good birthday! Your kind words regarding our staff are much appreciated, and I hope you will consider us again next time you are in Liverpool.
United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The hotel is within a short walking distance of the airport, flight schedules are on display in the hotel lounge, the rooms are comfortable and quiet. It is competitively priced. The meals are good value and the dining area comfortable with large screen televisions.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Patsy,
I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for awarding us a 5* rating! I hope you will consider us again next time you are flying from Liverpool Airport.
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

First impressions....
Struggled with lifts getting up to level 5! Car park should be more clearly marked for level 5 being the hotels car park..

Check in....
Great, very quick and efficient but think we were lucky with the lovely young lady who served us as later in the bar the staff were rude and miserable and it seemed like a chore to serve you, so I didn't bother again, and they had a very poorly stocked bar (poor wines) particually!!!

Rooms....
First impression lovely, clean, good bathrooms, complementary shampoo, conditioner etc... But the beds, oh my the bed was the most uncomfortable thing I've ever slept on, I'm not a very big girl and I felt as if I'd gone 10 rounds with mike Tyson by morning, my ribs were sore even :( not good at all... Sort out your beds Hampton... Premier inn for me next time as I use LJL airport approx every 6 weeks and in future will choose premmier inn and walk as the location of the hampton isn't worth the pain :(

Oh breakfast well what can I say it's free which is great and I'm a cereal girl anyway so suited me down to the ground.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Sophie,
Thank you for your reviewing your recent stay with us, and for your feedback. I was most surprised to read your account of our beds – we usually receive positive feedback about them, however I can appreciate that everyone has a different preference when it comes to a good mattress, and I can only apologise if ours were not to your liking. I was pleased to read that the rest of the room, and our complimentary breakfast were to your liking, and I hope that you will not be dissuaded from using the Hampton brand again in the future.
LONDON UK
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 1 night on a business trip. Straight forward check in. Free overnight parking and spotlessly clean large room with tea coffee an iron etc. Paid £59 on a discounted rate and that included breakfast.

Very good value for money. The bar was small but relatively cheap at £4 a pint and the food was ok if you wanted curry or chili. Only draw back was them forgetting 2 of our main courses and the shower in my room wasnt particularly powerful.

All in all very good comfy room and walking distance (50 yards) to the airport.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Steve
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Hampton. It was nice to read you enjoyed your time with us, and that the hotel and facilities were all to your liking. I hope you will consider us again next time you are in Liverpool.