“Very poor room, bed too small for two people and uncomfortable. Room too small. Would not stay again.”

Hampton by Hilton Liverpool/John Lennon Airport
Ranked #27 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We had to catch a very early flight from Liverpool and have stayed at this hotel before and thought we could get a good room and decent nights sleep. The room we were given was very small and the bed was very uncomfortable for two people. My husband had to set up the sofa bed at 2.30am and we ended up only getting 3 hours sleep.

During our first stay we were given a room on the top floor with two queen beds and the room was spacious - we thought we were going to be given the same type of room as the price we paid was about the same. Sadly this was not the case. We would not stay here again. Food was very poor too, little choice. We had the burgers which tasted like rubber.

Room Tip: The top floor has better quality rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mairead_Smyth, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton by Hilton Liverpool/John Lennon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear ‘BrendaC205’

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. You should have already received an email addressing these issues, however I would like to apologise once again if this stay was not as enjoyable as your previous one.

I hope that this will not deter you from staying with the Hampton brand in the future.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

stayed here before when flying from Liverpool airport, but got a fly and park deal so you park opposite the airport, so easy.

Parked, checked in, slept had complementory breakfast,crossed the road and checked in
couldnt be simpler!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mairead_Smyth, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton by Hilton Liverpool/John Lennon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear Alison,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us; I am so glad we were able to provide you with everything you needed to make your journey as simple as possible. We hope you will consider us again next time you are flying from Liverpool John Lennon Airport.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

By far the handiest hotel for early flights. Immaculate rooms & ensuite. Always very quiet during the night. Comfortable beds, top quality sheets. The early breakfast is first rate, and speaking of rates, we have always got a good deal and felt we had good value for money.
Bar & restaurant OK. The rest of the airport has almost nothing to offer later in the evening. There is a kebab shop and off licence half a mile away but not recommended. Lots of buses from the hotel front door to go into the city & back . Beer lovers can get a bus direct to the Philharmonic, iconic pub & bistro in Liverpool;

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the carpark. You get a good view across towards the city and over the Mer...

Dear 'brianinfrance'

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Hampton - your feedback is most appreciated. It is particularly nice to read you found our hotel to be clean, comfortable and good value for money.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hampton very soon,

Reviewed February 27, 2013

An overnight stay here before an early flight the next morning - given that the cost of the room plus parking was the same as pre-booking on site parking alone at the airport it was something of a no-brainer.

Location is perfect, on top of the multi-story car park, right next to the Terminal. Initial impressions were very good, the design is spot on and the hotel lobby and bar area was clean and welcoming. A slight problem at check in as I had obviously suffered from fat finger syndrome when booking online and had messed up the dates. Quickly sorted by very attentive staff, although I did have to pay for the room again - my fault for not checking though. A nice touch was when the receptionist asked if I wanted them to check my flight reservations as well, luckily they were ok!

We had a family room on the top floor so my boys could look at the planes - lovely room and the sofa bed was better than some we have had at luxury hotels. Went back down for dinner - very limited menu but I think this means that they can ensure that the quality is fine, which it was - boys demolished their pizza and I enjoyed my Chile con Carne. Drinks not cheap though...

Up early the next morning after a very comfortable nights sleep, buffet breakfast was great, plenty of choice and then a minutes walk to check-in. Perfect.

On my return I realised I had washed my parking ticket in my shirt - no problem and sorted by the guys at the desk.

All in all a great airport hotel, first time with Hampton and will use again, they put some more expensive hotels to shame...

Room Tip: Top floors to see the planes on the runway
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear 'clutz7777'

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Hampton, and for leaving such positive feedback. I am so pleased we were able to assist you on check-in, and that you rated the room and our restaurant so highly.

We hope you will consider us next time you are in Liverpool, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We got a great deal t this hotel, for a long weekend away. Although it was a bit of a way out of Liverpool centre, it has really excellent bus links with the bus stops literally just a t the bottom of the lift at the airport terminal building. We found that we could get a 500 bus which took 20 mins to town or the 86A which took 40 mins - either way it was another view of the suburbs) The Arriva staff were brilliant giving us a town centre map and a detailed outline of the best places to go).
First impressions of the hotel were that it was chic, and spotless. The reception staff were really friendly and couldn't have been more helpful. The rooms were clean and fresh and considering our room 605 had a terrific view of the airport landing strip, we never heard a thing.
The hotel serves a good Breakfast. There is an excellent choice of hot and cold food and beverages - as much or as little as you wish. It is available from 4am - 10am catering for clients getting early flights. The whole process of having breakfast is very cool and laid back. It 's a self service arrangement at the breakfast bar and utilises the lounge area for dining. Very easy going and no-nonsense.
The only difficulty we encountered was actually getting into the hotel car park. You have to drive into the multi-storey car park taking a ticket to raise the barrier. Go up to Floor 5 and insert that ticket at the hotel barrier and it allows you secure parking. There is no charge in the car park for hotel guests. Incidentally, even the car park was being litter-picked whilst we were there - even though it looked clean enough.
I would go certainly book here again for the comfort and price. It's easy enough and you don't have to think about parking in the City centre. -If you're over 60 do, please, remember your bus pass - you don't even have to pay on the busses.

Room Tip: I only went in room 605 and it was as good as it gets
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear 'magibbins'

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review following your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to read you enjoyed the room, the breakfast, and our staff’s hospitality. I am sorry if our car parking was a little confusing on arrival, and I hope that this will not dissuade you from staying with us again.

Thank you once again for your positive feedback, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 23, 2013

One night stay before early flight the next morning.
The place is spotless & very easy check in.
Nice room over looking the runway & airport.
2 adults & 1 child b&b £58 .
One big let down & they are missing a trick here , but the dinner menu is the worst ive seen & I was a chef for hilton for 11 years . It is over priced even for an airport & consists burger , lasagne , chilli , chicken curry etc , sounded like microwave city to me & I passed on it & they missed out on 3 dinners .
Apart from that I can not fault the place & will return as you cannot get closer to the airport , but eat before you you arrive.

• Stayed: February 2013
Mairead_Smyth, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton by Hilton Liverpool/John Lennon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear 'NWTraveler1973'

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, and for your positive comments regarding the cleanliness of our hotel. With regards to our menu options, it is a brand standard we offer the menu suggested by Hampton, and can only apologise if the meals offered were not to your liking.
It was a pleasure to read you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope that this issue will not dissuade you from staying with us again.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I'm really surprised re the good reviews this hotel has received. yes the rooms are fine and the staff helpful but the food choice really poor. Menu today is a choice of beef burger and chips, chicken tikka marsala, chile con carnie and vegetable lasagna. To say the least it's limited.
I managed to find out from the staff that there is also pizza choice available but it's not obvious that this is the case. I had burger palatable but nothing special. My partner had a pizza not fresh made Staff at the bar were even a bit apologetic and said they could provide me with a choice of take away menus I think this says a lot. Also beds are very hard so beware if you have joint problems. The room was spotless and well equipped but experience was disappointing.

Dear Jill,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Hampton. We appreciate all feedback from our guests so that we can continually improve our standards, and can only apologise if you considered our restaurant offerings to be limited. Our menu is part of the brand standard, offering a selection of meals chosen by Hampton, and I am sorry if you found it disappointing. Thank you, however, for acknowledging the hotels cleanliness and staff’s hospitality - it is much appreciated.

I hope you will not be dissuaded from staying with us again, and we hope to welcome you back to the Hampton soon.

Kind Regards,