BridgeStreet at Liverpool ONE
Jurys Inn Liverpool(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
$103
$133
$100
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
The Nadler Liverpool(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
$146
$134
$102
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbridge streetthese apartmentstwo bedroom apartmentparadise streetwashing machinealbert dockhot watermain bathroomdvd playeryour doorstepcar parkfantastic locationper dayeverything you could possibly needshopping areafull kitchenhome from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Just what you need for a break in liverpool, nice kitchen-lounge, great bathroom and first class bedroom, what more do you need.
Walk out the door and shop, drink, eat or just go sightseeing, it all on your door step.
Staff are first class, helpfull and fun.
Go for it

Room Tip: Always be polite
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ianhatesidiots
David M, General Manager at BridgeStreet at Liverpool ONE, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Ian,
You're absolutely right, BridgeStreet at Liverpool One is THE place to be at the moment for Shopping, Drinking, Eating & Sightseeing!
David & team.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

First time in Liverpool for my husband and I.

We were very impressed with the apartment, squeaky clean, fully equipped kitchen, great range of electronic kit and situated perfectly for easy walking to galleries, museums, shops, docks etc plus a great view from the 9th floor. We found the reception staff to be knowledgeable, friendly and helpful.

Yes, as others have mentioned, the apartment was very warm but opening windows was sufficient (November) to keep the temperature comfortable and no problems for us running a full bath of hot water and have a shower at the same time. The beds are standard doubles, unusual these days, probably nothing bigger would fit in the small bedrooms however we found them comfortable.

Ate at Jamie's Italian one evening, food was good but not so impressed with restaurant; noisy and tables close together, more a lunch time experience I think.

Really enjoyed our visits to the galleries and museums and trips to the many famous buildings and docks. One of us, liked the variety of shops so close by!

We will definitely return to Liverpool and the apartment.

Room Tip: Higher floors have good views
1  Thank Carraboat
David M, General Manager at BridgeStreet at Liverpool ONE, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Hello Carraboat,
I'm pleased you had a great break in our Great City.
With regard to your point about the heating; all radiators have a manual control on the top panel, and on your next stay we'll be happy to show how this works
Thank you taking the time to post this review, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Best wishes
David & all the team at BridgeStreet Liverpool One.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We have stayed here twice before and after a gap in writing a review, I thought it would be timely to add a further review on these appartments.

Firstly as ever the words location, location, location come to mind, you could not be closer to all Liverpool has to offer such that we are able to park the car and leave it put.

The flats are really as good as ever, when we look at what Novotel or Premier Inn would cost for the extra few points to have the extra space and the ability to cook quick snacks and strech out on sofas it is still a no brainer. Also we have never ever been disturbed by noisy neighbours in the corridor outside the flat, something other hotel are a nightmare for over the weekends in Liverpool.

We did have a minor glitch as the flat was very cold when we arrived, we realised the windows in the lounge had been opened to air the room so shut these and thought that would resolve the problem- what we had realised later was that the heaters had also been switched off. I have no issue that they conserve energy so am just posting this "check when you get into your flat" reminder here.

We added some more eating out venues to our experiences both just a minutes walk away) - firstly having lunched a few times there, we enjoyed dinner at Jamies Italian (very enjoyable indeed). We found an excellent place for breakfast a Wetherspoons The Welkin £4 for a massive cooked breakfast with toast (turn right when you go out the flat front door).

Our view is the state of repair of the flat was absolutely fine, a few bumps but that is inevitable

Staff as always are extremely friendly and helpful and there is really nothing we could find fault with and for the price charged, this is a good location and we will be back

1  Thank UKtog
David M, Manager at BridgeStreet at Liverpool ONE, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear UKtog,
Thanks for visiting BridgeStreet Liverpool One again, and for posting this excellent and informative review.
We all look forward to your next visit
Kind regards, David & team.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We have just spent three nights in these apartments. We noted previous reviews telling that it was best to have a higher floor. Unfortunately, we booked late and had to have an apartment on the first floor. Actually, this is the 5th floor above the shops and offices and is already quite high. The view was not brilliant but looked out over the Apple shop. We did not find noise to be a serious problem considering we were staying in Liverpool's most central location with the worst being the road cleaner that came round every evening about 23.00. Needless to say, the streets are immaculately clean, which is a big bonus.

The apartment is perfectly adequate for two, although aspects are a bit tired; (broken bath plug, loose door handle, hob extractor that sounded like a jumbo jet without removing much odour). We did tell the management on our departure and they seemed to take our comments seriously. The concierge staff could not have been more pleasant and helpful. Despite being told the parking was in the Q parking adjacent to John Lewis, we were told on our arrival that we could have parked in the private parking in the basement for about £10 per day; this would have saved us a walk with suitcases etc. We went to Liverpool to self-cater, which was fine but the kitchen utensils were very sparse & basic. Finally, the only real gripe we had was the extortionate fees (to our simple minds) being charged for internet use - £6 per hour, £9.95 per day & £28. per three days.

However, on the plus side this is a magnificent location to see Liverpool; all the sites are well within walking distance and what a richly cultural centre this city is. We spent many hours wandering about the docks and museums and if you want to enjoy a real pub atmosphere in one of the country's finest, go to the Philharmonia on a corner opposite the city's Philharmonic Hall, it is truly amazing.

Added to which the location of L1 is superb for shopping amongst the wealth of High Street chains, department stores, abundance of restaurants and the many individually owned small and interesting shops that line the side streets of this great city.

Room Tip: Go high and ask for a room looking out over Paradise Street and check if parking is available in the basement
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
David M, General Manager at BridgeStreet at Liverpool ONE, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Ted H,
It was nice to speak with you at reception, and I have already actioned the maintenance items which you kindly told me about. Again, my apologies for any inconvenience caused.
We put a range of kitchen utensils into every apartment, and this is usually adequate for most guests. However, we do have some additional items; electric appliances, larger pots/pans etc which are available from Housekeeping upon request. I'll try to make future guests more aware of these. Thanks for raising this point.
The subject of WiFi is covered in a previous post, so I wont go over that here but appreciate your views on this.
I'm glad you enjoyed the location, and your stay with us, and I hope you'll visit again soon.
Kind regards
David & Team

Reviewed November 17, 2012

First let me add that I am tremendously happy that my husband and I was invited for a stay at this hotel, and I am reluctant to make any negative comments about it, as it may appear ungrateful.

The locations is absolutely great, right on Paradise Street, in the middle of the pedestrian area and shopping streets and all the key attractions of Liverpool. The underground parking was extremely difficult to find, since that area has changed a lot and our GPS wasn't updated. A lot of roads have been closed off, giving our GPS a tough nut to crack. But we found it.
I had checked the hotel before my arrival, and found it very pleasant, great view was seen from the photos, spaceous rooms, nice bathroom with tub. I looked forward to our stay.
The apartment we got was nothing like the pictures. Nice enough, I guess, but very small and basic. It had a cold and naked feeling, nothing much to add a comfy-homely feeling. Very heavy doors which we had to block with our suitcases or they slammed shut with an earsplitting bang as it could be heard from other rooms nearby (I can read that other guests have commented on this on Tripadvisor).

Let me tell you about the hot water situation, which was rather odd. There was too little hot water for 2 people in need of a shower in the morning or before dinner. Coming in from a full day outside and cold to the bone, I tried to fill the tub to warm my feet, I managed to get about 5cms of luke warm water before the water turned cold, and my dearly beloved had to boil water in pots on the stove and in the microwave oven for me to get enough hot water to soothe my cold legs, but I gave up on filling it any further. Not exactly something you expect in a hotel room which I am sure must have been pricey enough, given the location.

But the absolute worst was the price on wi-fi. £10 PER day PER access point is a ludicrous amount of money and completely out of touch with reality. There is NO way whatsoever that wi-fi can cost this much to offer, even with a nice profit on top, meaning: it's a complete rip-off. Let me share a bit of advice to future guests: there's a Starbucks almost next door, they have wi-fi for free, just as wi-fi should be nowadays. What kind of hotel in 2012 charges a small fortune per day per gadget to access the internet? We all need internet! My usual comment when I hear about such a huge extra fee on wifi on hotels is: 'do they charge extra for hot water too?' but in this case that isn't even funny...

To end on a positive note: very friendly and helpful staff :)
And Liverpool is a great place to visit.

Room Tip: avoid 101, the streets are right below and pretty noisy at night.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear MaddieBrae,
Thanks for your informative review. I've added my reply which will hopefully assist and reassure future visitors.
We have One, Two, and Three bedroomed apartments which vary in size but they do all have the same great amenities and features. As for the doors; they are a fire regulation requirement for guest safety, and it only takes a second to close them rather than let them slam shut.
The hot water system works fine, and the boiler in each apartment runs automatically each morning - there's no central control. So, that's why we put an instruction leaflet in every welcome pack, and on the wall next to the hot water controller. Basically, if you've had a lot of showers during the day then you need to press the boost to make the hot water come on again - and you can do this as many times as you like.
I sympathise with your coments about WiFi but can I explain that our apartments were built to be sold as homes, not a hotel. So, every one has it's own dedicated phone line, and phone with direct number (no switchboard), and Hi Speed internet router equipment. A telecoms company provides and maintains this equipment so it's not free. We are looking for alternatives to this once our lease is up for renewal. Meanwhile we are always happy to print off boarding cards, emails and other items for guests free of charge .
Sorry if my reply is a bit lengthy and hope it helps
Thanks for choosing BridgeStreet, and we hope to welcome you back again soon
Regards