“GREAT LOCATION IN L1”

BridgeStreet at Liverpool ONE
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We have just spent three nights in these apartments. We noted previous reviews telling that it was best to have a higher floor. Unfortunately, we booked late and had to have an apartment on the first floor. Actually, this is the 5th floor above the shops and offices and is already quite high. The view was not brilliant but looked out over the Apple shop. We did not find noise to be a serious problem considering we were staying in Liverpool's most central location with the worst being the road cleaner that came round every evening about 23.00. Needless to say, the streets are immaculately clean, which is a big bonus.

The apartment is perfectly adequate for two, although aspects are a bit tired; (broken bath plug, loose door handle, hob extractor that sounded like a jumbo jet without removing much odour). We did tell the management on our departure and they seemed to take our comments seriously. The concierge staff could not have been more pleasant and helpful. Despite being told the parking was in the Q parking adjacent to John Lewis, we were told on our arrival that we could have parked in the private parking in the basement for about £10 per day; this would have saved us a walk with suitcases etc. We went to Liverpool to self-cater, which was fine but the kitchen utensils were very sparse & basic. Finally, the only real gripe we had was the extortionate fees (to our simple minds) being charged for internet use - £6 per hour, £9.95 per day & £28. per three days.

However, on the plus side this is a magnificent location to see Liverpool; all the sites are well within walking distance and what a richly cultural centre this city is. We spent many hours wandering about the docks and museums and if you want to enjoy a real pub atmosphere in one of the country's finest, go to the Philharmonia on a corner opposite the city's Philharmonic Hall, it is truly amazing.

Added to which the location of L1 is superb for shopping amongst the wealth of High Street chains, department stores, abundance of restaurants and the many individually owned small and interesting shops that line the side streets of this great city.

Room Tip: Go high and ask for a room looking out over Paradise Street and check if parking is available in the...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
David M, General Manager at BridgeStreet at Liverpool ONE, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Ted H,
It was nice to speak with you at reception, and I have already actioned the maintenance items which you kindly told me about. Again, my apologies for any inconvenience caused.
We put a range of kitchen utensils into every apartment, and this is usually adequate for most guests. However, we do have some additional items; electric appliances, larger pots/pans etc which are available from Housekeeping upon request. I'll try to make future guests more aware of these. Thanks for raising this point.
The subject of WiFi is covered in a previous post, so I wont go over that here but appreciate your views on this.
I'm glad you enjoyed the location, and your stay with us, and I hope you'll visit again soon.
David & Team

There are newer reviews for BridgeStreet at Liverpool ONE

Reviewed November 17, 2012

First let me add that I am tremendously happy that my husband and I was invited for a stay at this hotel, and I am reluctant to make any negative comments about it, as it may appear ungrateful.

The locations is absolutely great, right on Paradise Street, in the middle of the pedestrian area and shopping streets and all the key attractions of Liverpool. The underground parking was extremely difficult to find, since that area has changed a lot and our GPS wasn't updated. A lot of roads have been closed off, giving our GPS a tough nut to crack. But we found it.
I had checked the hotel before my arrival, and found it very pleasant, great view was seen from the photos, spaceous rooms, nice bathroom with tub. I looked forward to our stay.
The apartment we got was nothing like the pictures. Nice enough, I guess, but very small and basic. It had a cold and naked feeling, nothing much to add a comfy-homely feeling. Very heavy doors which we had to block with our suitcases or they slammed shut with an earsplitting bang as it could be heard from other rooms nearby (I can read that other guests have commented on this on Tripadvisor).

Let me tell you about the hot water situation, which was rather odd. There was too little hot water for 2 people in need of a shower in the morning or before dinner. Coming in from a full day outside and cold to the bone, I tried to fill the tub to warm my feet, I managed to get about 5cms of luke warm water before the water turned cold, and my dearly beloved had to boil water in pots on the stove and in the microwave oven for me to get enough hot water to soothe my cold legs, but I gave up on filling it any further. Not exactly something you expect in a hotel room which I am sure must have been pricey enough, given the location.

But the absolute worst was the price on wi-fi. £10 PER day PER access point is a ludicrous amount of money and completely out of touch with reality. There is NO way whatsoever that wi-fi can cost this much to offer, even with a nice profit on top, meaning: it's a complete rip-off. Let me share a bit of advice to future guests: there's a Starbucks almost next door, they have wi-fi for free, just as wi-fi should be nowadays. What kind of hotel in 2012 charges a small fortune per day per gadget to access the internet? We all need internet! My usual comment when I hear about such a huge extra fee on wifi on hotels is: 'do they charge extra for hot water too?' but in this case that isn't even funny...

To end on a positive note: very friendly and helpful staff :)
And Liverpool is a great place to visit.

Room Tip: avoid 101, the streets are right below and pretty noisy at night.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear MaddieBrae,
Thanks for your informative review. I've added my reply which will hopefully assist and reassure future visitors.
We have One, Two, and Three bedroomed apartments which vary in size but they do all have the same great amenities and features. As for the doors; they are a fire regulation requirement for guest safety, and it only takes a second to close them rather than let them slam shut.
The hot water system works fine, and the boiler in each apartment runs automatically each morning - there's no central control. So, that's why we put an instruction leaflet in every welcome pack, and on the wall next to the hot water controller. Basically, if you've had a lot of showers during the day then you need to press the boost to make the hot water come on again - and you can do this as many times as you like.
I sympathise with your coments about WiFi but can I explain that our apartments were built to be sold as homes, not a hotel. So, every one has it's own dedicated phone line, and phone with direct number (no switchboard), and Hi Speed internet router equipment. A telecoms company provides and maintains this equipment so it's not free. We are looking for alternatives to this once our lease is up for renewal. Meanwhile we are always happy to print off boarding cards, emails and other items for guests free of charge .
Sorry if my reply is a bit lengthy and hope it helps
Thanks for choosing BridgeStreet, and we hope to welcome you back again soon
Regards

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My partner and I stayed here and asked for a room on the upper floors because of the reviews of the noisy city centre, unfortunately the noise in the building is on the inside, the doors are obviously all fire doors so very heavy, some uncontrollable! The noise of these doors closing all through the night meant that we had a disturbed sleep - the prime reason for our stay was for my partner to run the Liverpool Marathon - not a good way to prepare! The rooms are very nice, comfortable and well appointed with wonderful views of the Liver building. Don't stay if you want a quiet night!

Room Tip: High and south for the view towards the river
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
David M, General Manager at BridgeStreet at Liverpool ONE, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear Ralph P,
I'm really sorry that your nights sleep was disturbed by some other inconsiderate guests. This doesn't happen often here, and we have 24/7 security to ensure things are kept safe and quiet. I'll make my security team aware of your comments, and get them to increase patrols.
Looking back at other reviews we normally get top marks for Sleep Quality, so I'm sure this was a bit of a one-off event.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Thanks for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We normally stay in the usual budget hotels, but on our visit to Liverpool recently, we came across these apartments and we had a fantastic stay. Like having your own luxury pad in the city centre - you're right in the centre of Liverpool, with loads of attractions within easy walking distance. Albert Dock, Museum of Liverpool, Tate to name but a few.

The apartment has everything you need for your stay including dishwasher, washing machine, fully equipped kitchen luxury bathroom and ensuite with all the detergent tablets, toiletries supplied. Wi Fi is available but a little expensive at £9.95 a day.

The staff are really helpful and friendly (as is everyone in Liverpool it seems!). Car parking is available in the basement at £10 a day. It would have been nice to organise this when we booked, but this option didn't seem to be available. Nevertheless, once we arrived it was easy to arrange.

Tescos is around the corner for all your supplies. We also stocked up on Krispy Kreme doughnuts right outside! Try Lunya restaurant for excellent tapas (£9.95 set lunch - which is fantastic value, leaving enough money for some manzanilla)

We'll definitely stay here again when we come to Liverpool.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Caswell_Boy
David M, General Manager at BridgeStreet at Liverpool ONE, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Caswell Boy,
We're glad you and your family enjoyed their luxury pad in the city!
There's no need to pre-book car parking as there's ample spaces in Liverpool One.
Glad you enjoyed the Tapas and doughnuts too.
Thanks for your informative and useful comments
Kind regards,
David & the team.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Just back from a few days at Bridge Street with my daughter and my sister, I originally wanted to stay at Signature Living as we had such a great time there in August but they were completely full. I must admit while these apartments don't have the wow factor of Signature Living they more than make up for it for location, comfort and style. We had apartment 107, a two bedroom with full bathroom and a shower room en-suite, a good size lounge/fitted kitchen, three flat screen TVs and the best bed I've slept in. We were near reception and the lifts but I didn't hear any noise at all from the other apartments. So if you want to be in the middle of everything, in a modern, clean apartment, this is the place for you, try it and you'll never book a hotel or b+b again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank louiseNuneaton

Dear Louise_Nuneaton,
We know that there are lots of places to stay, so we're really made up that you chose to stay here at BridgeStreet Liverpool One for this visit. From you comments I deduce that you might become a regular ;-)
Thanks for a great review.
David & team.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed here before and had a great experience so had no hesitation returning. Had to add extra guest at last minute and staff were more than accommodating. Car parking was no issue either - £10 a day and easy to access. Were upgraded to 2 bedroom apartment on arrival for small fee which was well worth it. 9th floor has fantastic views over Liverpool and one of the bedrooms had an en suite. All facilities worked well and apartment was clean and tidy. Well kitted out with washing machine, ironing board, toaster, oven, microwave, fridge freezer, dishwasher, ipod docking station, dvd player - the list is endless. These are so central to Liverpool City Centre. Easy walking distance to Empire Theatre, Liverpool One is literally a few steps away with the Odeon cinema and Il Forno restaurant and Carraghers Sports Cafe just a short walk away and well worth a visit. Reception staff are always friendly and more than willing to help. Highly recommend - the beds are soooooooooooooooo comfy too

Room Tip: 9th floor amazing views!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank NorthernIrelandJeni

Hello NorthernIrelandJeni,
Here at BridgeStreet we love our regular guests, and it was great to have you stay with us again.
Thanks for the fab review.
Best wishes from all us here @ BSLO :-)

Reviewed October 30, 2012

The BridgeStreet Apartment is a good find. The apt. and staff provide a warm feeling of a home away from home in a busy part of Liverpool. The location is ideal because it is right in the Liverpool One Shopping area and very near the Albert Dock. The bus terminal is about a block away for easy rides to the train station or airports. We did use the bus for access to the train station to go to Chester, UK and access to the airport for our flight to out Paris. The window in our room provided a view of the main shopping mall. This is a plus for a view but also could be a minus because on Friday and Saturday nights the mall area can get a little noisy even to 2:00am. In the cool October weather this room location is not a problem because we kept our bedroom window closed but I would imagine in warm weather it may be a little disruptive to a good sleep if you need to keep the bedroom window open. Overall, it is a very good place to stay and I would highly recommend it. There is a good grocery store a block away and farmers market stands in the mall for food items. There are many trendy restaurants within a few blocks but you can also find many great special pub/cafe/bakery/sandwich type shops all within a 10 to 15 minute walk. Liverpool One is a busy place and fun to visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank booker_idaho

Dear booker_idaho,
We're really pleased that your family found our apartments "a home away from home", and that you had a fun time in Liverpool. Thanks for your informative review, and we hope you visit us again soon.
David & team